The Highlight of our season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Slim Man

Reaction score
was them cunts losing yesterday. How depressing is that. It's normally THEIR highlight of the season watching us play and lose at Wembley cos they can't get the big games, I'll tell you what I hated it being on the other foot. I was a nervous wreck all day, them getting promoted could've buried us for a good few years at the very least, it would've been a disaster.

It was sad how happy (relieved) I was to see them lose. I felt jealousy like I imagine they felt watching us at Wembley, big game, big stage, riches at stake - only to crumble on the big stage. But they'll get their eventually.

Then seeing Barnsley today going up made me even more jealous. What a division that is next year. Newcastle, Villa, Derby, Norwich, Wendy, Leeds, Brighton, Rotherham, Forest, Dingles. Some great games we're missing out on AGAIN. We should be playing them every week and competing, not just standing and watching. It's disgusting, 6 years without these big games, and only one man who can be held totally responsible.

If that doesn't give McCabe and co the kick up the arse required they should pack it in, football clearly isn't for them.

One last thing though, thank the Lord for Mo Diame. He's saved our season. Get a statue built outside the lane, he might have provided the boot up the backside this club needs.

Come on blades. I don't want to feeling that ever again, this season I want us to build a promotion team from the summer, not still muddling around for a centre half in December. Barnsley basically forfeited the first half of the season and still went up, it's totally possible to get out of this league if everyone is pulling in the right direction. Let's get up and get back amongst the big boys, and from there we'll see if we can build a return to the prem.

Come the fuck on. UTB.

was them cunts losing yesterday. How depressing is that. It's normally THEIR highlight of the season watching us play and lose at Wembley cos they can't get the big games, I'll tell you what I hated it being on the other foot. I was a nervous wreck all day, them getting promoted could've buried us for a good few years at the very least, it would've been a disaster.

It was sad how happy (relieved) I was to see them lose. I felt jealousy like I imagine they felt watching us at Wembley, big game, big stage, riches at stake - only to crumble on the big stage. But they'll get their eventually.

Then seeing Barnsley today going up made me even more jealous. What a division that is next year. Newcastle, Villa, Derby, Norwich, Wendy, Leeds, Brighton, Rotherham, Forest, Dingles. Some great games we're missing out on AGAIN. We should be playing them every week and competing, not just standing and watching. It's disgusting, 6 years without these big games, and only one man who can be held totally responsible.

If that doesn't give McCabe and co the kick up the arse required they should pack it in, football clearly isn't for them.

One last thing though, thank the Lord for Mo Diame. He's saved our season. Get a statue built outside the lane, he might have provided the boot up the backside this club needs.

Come on blades. I don't want to feeling that ever again, this season I want us to build a promotion team from the summer, not still muddling around for a centre half in December. Barnsley basically forfeited the first half of the season and still went up, it's totally possible to get out of this league if everyone is pulling in the right direction. Let's get up and get back amongst the big boys, and from there we'll see if we can build a return to the prem.

Come the fuck on. UTB.

Slightly depressing to think that yes but they have ribbed us every single time we have lost in the Play-Offs. I think on this occasion we are entitled to ribbing them over it.

Not sure what would give McCabe a kick in the arse but this isn't it. He is bad decision maker overall of late and what those lot do over in s6 makes no fucking difference.

Maybe getting Wilder in will be a breakthrough to success for us but only time will tell.

Oh we're more than entitled. I bloody loved it. Went daft when Hull scored.

But the dust has settled now.

Come the fuck on. UTB.
My thoughts exactly Danny

Come the fuck on. UTB.

Totally agree with most of that. I couldn't stop thinking about the gits on Saturday and how bad things could be by 7pm. That being said, as soon as I saw 0-0 at half time I relaxed because I knew that Hull would turn them over second half.

As for Barnsley however, I couldn't care less. They have never been a rival as far as I am concerned and the bonus of them going up is that we don't need to play the scrubbers for at least 1 season.

Time for us to kick on now and make sure that we are never, ever in a position again where the Pigs could open up a 2 division gap.

I don't give the slightest thought to Barnsley as rivals. I've only been there once and only ever known one genuine fan of theirs. What they've done is remarkable and hugely impressive. Credit to them.

The only thought I had after they won is that it's one fewer decent home crowd next season. The clubs coming down aren't box office. But on the positive side, the fewer local derbies we have the less competitive the games will be. It's just up to our players to make an effort this time around.

UTB

I had to look twice as I thought you'd got 1973 likes

My name is dannysufc_. I had an accident and woke up with 1973 likes. Now I'm trying to get back to S24SU.
Too late, I'm on radio Sheffield tomorrow talking about my big achievement.

Come the fuck on. UTB.
Great post.

Couldn't agree more, but fuck it, I've been drunk for 24 hours, it's so good to celebrate Weds failure, UTB

Yesterday was revenge for all the times they've took the piss out of us for our big game fuck ups. We are currently at the level they were when we were getting to championship play off finals and getting promotion to the Prem. We are miles behind them but seeing them get so close to the big time and seeing them all excited only to blow it tastes good as they've never known how it feels. Now they do

When everything dies down though we will still be a league one club with a huge rebuilding job needed. Wednesday going up would have been horrible anyway but us being in League One would have just added to the nightmare. We need to get out of this league . Its frankly ridiculous that we are entering our 6th season in the third tier. Its gone beyond poor decision making now into downright negligence . As Wednesday proved yesterday the size of your support means nothing really but no other club our size has been down here as long as us. I don't think anything will give McCabe a kick up the arse as it would have happened by now . The only hope is Wilder can put together a squad to be proud of on the cheap as history shows he will be hindered not helped by the board

Barnsley are just an irritation, nothing more. After Hull doing the business the dingle game was irrelevant.

True , but Barnsley just typify what could have been last season for the blades .

From day one at Gillingham all we dis was flatter to deceive .

Good luck to irritation Barnsley , they showed us a trick or twoon how yo be successful both on and off the field.

UTB

Pigs losing wasn't the highlight of my season
If they would have won you would have experienced a new definition of pain and suffering as you are slowly digested over a 1000 years
So I was just relieved really

I don't give the slightest thought to Barnsley as rivals. I've only been there once and only ever known one genuine fan of theirs. What they've done is remarkable and hugely impressive. Credit to them.

The only thought I had after they won is that it's one fewer decent home crowd next season. The clubs coming down aren't box office. But on the positive side, the fewer local derbies we have the less competitive the games will be. It's just up to our players to make an effort this time around.

UTB

Agreed, I think if we're floating around in the Championship without much hope of going up or down then the derbies and big games are great, but when promotion is our sole aim the fewer distractions the better for me. Enough clubs raise their games against us already, it's even trickier when you've got local rivals in and around you too.

Back
Top Bottom