The Harris Effect

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SwissBlade

Reaction score
Very briefly, looking at murphy down the left in the last few weeks, he's struggled.

To expand on it, I know he's had some knocks and the long season is telling on him, but his mannerism yesterday was really uneasy, he was sitting much deeper and Alcock/ Freeman weren't pushing on the same as Harris does. When murphy was getting forward he was lost. He didn't have his reliable fullback just behind him.

Interestingly when Che Adams came on it suited Alcock and Adams better as Adams likes to attack the space from deep and get into a knock and sprint contest. On the right it looked like Brayford and Murphy connected better than murphy did on the left as they seemed to play like harris and murphy

We certainly need Harris back down that left as he's the best left back we've got but it'll help to kick murphy on again

Personally, with all the injuries, niggles and bad form we have had over the last few weeks, once we know play offs are guaranteed, we should send the youngsters down to Leyton Orient next week and send the core of the squad away for a few days, sun and golf. No, I am not joking.

We are in the playoffs now, barring a collapse beyond the scale even we are used to. Take a time out and get refreshed away from all the criticism, and come back next week bang on it. Any more injuries and dropped heads at the moment will just increase the anxiety.

Us fans can piss off to meadowhall or take the wife away for the night, because it's not going to be an easy time in the play offs and we need recharging too :)

#winning

Personally, with all the injuries, niggles and bad form we have had over the last few weeks, once we know play offs are guaranteed, we should send the youngsters down to Leyton Orient next week and send the core of the squad away for a few days, sun and golf. No, I am not joking.

We are in the playoffs now, barring a collapse beyond the scale even we are used to. Take a time out and get refreshed away from all the criticism, and come back next week bang on it. Any more injuries and dropped heads at the moment will just increase the anxiety.

Us fans can piss off to meadowhall or take the wife away for the night, because it's not going to be an easy time in the play offs and we need recharging too :)

#winning
'We are watching'

Signed
The football Gods

#winning

I would agree but ONLY IF Rochdale don't win on Tues. If they do win then we need to put our strongest side out at Orient, no doubt about it.

#winning
Ive already got a ticket :rolleyes:

#winning

100% agree with that. Its clear that we're in big danger of not just failing in the play offs but not having any players left to play in them. Get them rested as you say.

#winning
We need to get that 5th place so as much as I think we should do this, I don't think we can. I'd rather play Swindon, on their current form, than MK Plastic or Preston.

I thought Alcock did ok actually apart from one hospital pass. Freeman doesn't look so comfortable on the left.

Another semi-related point: bring Che on more. He's a breath of fresh air for this side and coukd be a good asset if he gets some confidence but he wont get that with 10 minutes every 4 games.

Agree that Freeman had a decent game and Alcock didn't do much wrong either, but Murphy needs a left footer supporting him. We need to get better at creating two against one situations out wide, far too often it is Murphy against two.

Agree that Freeman had a decent game and Alcock didn't do much wrong either, but Murphy needs a left footer supporting him. We need to get better at creating two against one situations out wide, far too often it is Murphy against two.

I think it's easily dealt with:
- have two wingers that like to get forward
- switch murphy from left to right and centre more frequently.

JCR had a fair amount of success as he was mostly 1v1 with his defender, same for Che Adams on Saturday.

Murphy is also very good at getting back in to defend, like Flynn and freeman when they play wide. Done also plays a very good role.

Che Adams and JCR before him are more of a luxury as they tend to neglect/ switch off to their defensive duties and as Clough builds his side around the defensive duties as well as attacking they can't play every game

I would agree but ONLY IF Rochdale don't win on Tues. If they do win then we need to put our strongest side out at Orient, no doubt about it.
That would be the one that performed so well at Yeovil would it?

We need to get that 5th place so as much as I think we should do this, I don't think we can. I'd rather play Swindon, on their current form, than MK Plastic or Preston.

I'm not sure this is true regarding Preston.

If Preston fail on the last day of the season, having been a shoe in for the last few weeks then, mentally, they must be the best team to play. Having said that, if MK Dons just fall short I think I'd rather play Swindon than them.
Fucking play-offs, hate them as a concept anyway, so having to worry about them when we're in them just makes it worse.

I don't mind the worry looking at our league position, if we didn't have the playoffs our season would have been over long ago, I do agree that Murphy has been against it these last few weeks but I would welcome a bit of 2 on 1

Anyone seen any news regards Harris's return from injury?

We could do with him back pronto

As for Murphy's recent form, anyone know where it is? I keep looking, but ffs, can't find it :(

#winning

Totally agree. Its the main reason we are seeing inconsistencies.

Brayford, Murphy, Done, Davies, Howard, Basham, Flynn, Coutts all need a small break imo.

As a comparison, we can see Scouggs looking fresh after his layoff.

I'm not sure this is true regarding Preston.

If Preston fail on the last day of the season, having been a shoe in for the last few weeks then, mentally, they must be the best team to play. Having said that, if MK Dons just fall short I think I'd rather play Swindon than them.
Fucking play-offs, hate them as a concept anyway, so having to worry about them when we're in them just makes it worse.

Didn't really work out that way for Stevenage when they played us in 2012 did it??

Back
Top Bottom