The dreaded P word

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WF10BLADE

Reaction score
long way to go but I mentioned it in the shoutbox last night.

If we didn't make the top 2 I would fancy the play offs with Wilder more than any other manager we've gone into.

long way to go but I mentioned it in the shoutbox last night.

If we didn't make the top 2 I would fancy the play offs with Wilder more than any other manager we've gone into.

There should be absolutely no talk of play offs, this side needs automatic. Wilder is in a very good position to deliver Automatics

No Sheffield United manager will win through the play offs. Ever.

I remember saying that under Thompson. And Warnock. And Blackwell. And Wilson. And Clough.
Exactly... better off just forgetting this idea of Play Offs and instead focus on automatic or refusing the Play offs if we finish 3rd-6th so that we can build better over the summer.

We can cite West Ham's statement of "we're thinking of the fans"

We've just seen what has probably been the best game Div 3 has seen in many a year. Enjoy this time whilst it is here.
10 Goals in 3 games. Next game melt the plastic.

Last edited:
Exactly... better off just forgetting this idea of Play Offs and instead focus on automatic or refusing the Play offs if we finish 3rd-6th so that we can build better over the summer.

We can cite West Ham's statement of "we're thinking of the fans"
Finish 1 point behind the second place team ,right that's it we'll have another crack at it next year .fans are sick of Wembley.

For me winning a play off final comes under the heading of unfinished business. Every time we lose and walk dejectedly back to the car/ coach while the opposition are are celebrating I think; I want to have that feeling.
However, my sensible head says automatics is less stressful, less expensive for the fans and allows us a head start in the transfer market. I'll settle for that.

I've got my sights set on being Champions, Chris Wilder clearly has his sights set on being Champions, and we should all have our sights set on it as well.

What we have to do is simple. Go out there with the mentality that every game between now and the end of May is a cup final. That we are not going to stop putting the effort in, fighting for every ball, and going out there with the iron will that we are going to win every game and try and batter ever side we come across in to submission.

I'm fucked off that this is our sodding 6th season in the third tier, now we have got the best chance of getting out of it we have ever had. The Division looks poorer and is there for the taking, we have got a manager with drive and ambition, the players have got a lot of heart and spirit (and can play some great football as well). It is time to drag ourselves out of this division with a bang.

Automatic promotion or it is cya later Chris.

You said it under Thompson?? When we were drawn against Sunderland??
Actually I was fairly confident. I remember there was a save towards the end and I couldn't believe we hadn't scored. I just didn't expect us to go out at that stage and was sure we'd get to the final. Looking back now, fuck knows why.

Actually I was fairly confident. I remember there was a save towards the end and I couldn't believe we hadn't scored. I just didn't expect us to go out at that stage and was sure we'd get to the final. Looking back now, fuck knows why.
It's called hope and blind faith, all football fans have it.

I've got my sights set on being Champions, Chris Wilder clearly has his sights set on being Champions, and we should all have our sights set on it as well.

What we have to do is simple. Go out there with the mentality that every game between now and the end of May is a cup final. That we are not going to stop putting the effort in, fighting for every ball, and going out there with the iron will that we are going to win every game and try and batter ever side we come across in to submission.

I'm fucked off that this is our sodding 6th season in the third tier, now we have got the best chance of getting out of it we have ever had. The Division looks poorer and is there for the taking, we have got a manager with drive and ambition, the players have got a lot of heart and spirit (and can play some great football as well). It is time to drag ourselves out of this division with a bang.

Completely agree with the sentiment, however we don't want our lot thinking every game is a cup final, otherwise we'll lose them all!

I was watching the 1997/98 review the other day and Lionel Perez in the Sunderland goal had a blinder in both games including an incredible double save at their place. That certainly was an eventful season, even by Blades standards.

Back
Top Bottom