The cost of not having enough Centre Backs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

robbiez666

Reaction score
There's the obvious cost of the errors made by those playing in that position, but there's a much greater cost.

I think Clough actually wants to play 4-4-2. Otherwise, the signing of Done is utterly baffling. The problem is that a 4-4-2 needs Basham at CM, but he's largely had to cover at the back. Ditto with Brayford, We've spent a lot of money on a right back, only to have him cover at CB.

As for Kennedy. He's clearly not fit enough to play, and with the play-offs just about guaranteed, he shouldn't be risking injuring him further by playing him. I remember playing Palace at Wembley and having no fir attacking players by the end. I can see us having no fit defenders by the end at this rate.

I'd really like to see a journalist probe Clough about why he's not brought in CBs when we're clearly too exposed in that position.

Agree the lack of CBs/unwillingness to play them is ridiculous. What would you do with Murphy in a 4-4-2 though? Would we get the best of him at LM? I would like to see it for a Done and Davies partnership mind you.

Absolutely ridiculous that after bombing out two cb's in Butler and Collins, Clough hasn't brought anyone in to replace them

He's had both ample time and resource to sort it

I don't buy this we have cover as we have players that can drop in there, as this has created another set of problems in playing players outside their natural positions and leaving us then short in other positions.

Clough really has failed imho by not getting the spine of the team sorted

Back
Top Bottom