The Budget

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

robbiez666

Reaction score
I believe Kev when he says we have one of the biggest wage budgets in the league.

What I don't think he's done a good job of is clearly explaining the impacts of reducing the budget on the team. We've let a lot of players go, but I think the budget has been cut by a lot and so we're not in a position to simply replace them. Having said that, I can't remember FFP being trotted out as an excuse last year for not being able to sign more players.

It seems as though, until we ship the transfer listed players out, we're going to have little to play with. And I would assume if you added up the wages of Hammond, Coutts, Woolford, Freeman and James Wallace you're probably looking at something around the wage budget of the smallest team in the league.

If I'm correct, I wish this had been made clearer from the start of the season. I would have also helped in wage negotiations!

I would also expect us to speculate to accumulate more. Those wages drop off our wage bill at the end of the year. Just right it off and if we can get shut of a couple it's a bonus.

Last edited:

I believe Kev when he says we have one of the biggest wage budgets in the league.

What I don't think he's done a good job of is clearly explaining the impacts of reducing the budget on the team. We've let a lot of players go, but I think the budget has been cut by a lot and so we're not in a position to simply replace them. Having said that, I can't remember FFP being trotted out as an excuse last year for not being able to sign more players.

It seems as though, until we ship the transfer listed players out, we're going to have little to play with. And I would assume if you added up the wages of Hammond, Coutts, Woolford, Freeman and James Wallace you're probably looking at something around the wage budget of the smallest team in the league.

If I'm correct, I wish this had been made clearer from the start of the season. I would have also helped in wage negotiations!

I would also expect us to speculate to accumulate more. Those wages drop off our wage bill at the end of the year. Just right it off and if we can get shut of a couple it's a bonus.

We need to shift a few more, i suppose before we can bring many more in. The owners, quite rightly have realised that having players just sat around taking a wage and not playing is bad.

So Wilder has been given the opportunity to spend more on the players he wants IF he gets rid of the ones he doesnt want or need.

Seems fair and shouldve happened before.

We need to shift a few more, i suppose before we can bring many more in. The owners, quite rightly have realised that having players just sat around taking a wage and not playing is bad.

So Wilder has been given the opportunity to spend more on the players he wants IF he gets rid of the ones he doesnt want or need.

Seems fair and shouldve happened before.
It's bad for the owners having them take a wage. If it's bad for morale pay them off. Waiting around in the hope some other mug will take them off our hands before we can buy the players we need is in no way good for Wilder or our chances of getting promoted.

It's bad for the owners having them take a wage. If it's bad for morale pay them off. Waiting around in the hope some other mug will take them off our hands before we can buy the players we need is in no way good for Wilder or our chances of getting promoted.

Which is why there seems to be a focus now on getting these players moved on quickly, Hammond for example.

I think the owners have realised that they have to take some losses, Wilder and the commercial boys have to do their work to limit these losses.

Which is why there seems to be a focus now on getting these players moved on quickly, Hammond for example.

I think the owners have realised that they have to take some losses, Wilder and the commercial boys have to do their work to limit these losses.
Hope so. My gut feeling is they've agreed to fund the 'essential' signings like centre halves and maybe a CM and some kind of forward but if he wants any more he'll have to shift some out.

I hope so. I have no issue with signing 2 CB's of his choice and use loans to fill the squad whilst we get rid of players that don't fit Wilder's model.

Budget's been postponed until after the new Prime Minister is announced. I heard it on the news. Thought he was talking about McCabe cancelling Wilder's budget tbh as nowt surprises me these days

Hope so. My gut feeling is they've agreed to fund the 'essential' signings like centre halves and maybe a CM and some kind of forward but if he wants any more he'll have to shift some out.

I hope so. I have no issue with signing 2 CB's of his choice and use loans to fill the squad whilst we get rid of players that don't fit Wilder's model.

As we've said, its not before time. Its ok sacking managers every season, but as CW said last night (from the tweets i saw), certain players suit certain managers. If you end up with all these players hanging around from 3-4 previous managers, then its no surprise that you need to have a clear out.

CB's are the major priority, Wilder will have some fun shifting the rest out before he can buy.

He's already brought two players in though hasn't he?

We need one of these...

Well , now the official roster has been decimated to manageable levels as we start July, and wave a fond au revoir to 10 or more the club can actually start to look at player recruitment seriously=

Be nice to sign a couple by next Friday , if only to cut whingers threads down to 15 a day

Robbie. It was "write it off" not "right". Sorry couldn't resist. Been a long time since I was an arsehole spelling pedant and its Friday wine time. Otherwise I do have a certain sympathy with the proposition of "loan us a couple of mill now plus interest for some players because in a years time we either (a) will have got promotion or (b) have got rid of the wage earners that are holding us back.". No doubt Sean T can explain where my layman's accountancy breaks down.

Robbie. It was "write it off" not "right". Sorry couldn't resist. Been a long time since I was an arsehole spelling pedant and its Friday wine time. Otherwise I do have a certain sympathy with the proposition of "loan us a couple of mill now plus interest for some players because in a years time we either (a) will have got promotion or (b) have got rid of the wage earners that are holding us back.". No doubt Sean T can explain where my layman's accountancy breaks down.

You pedantic shit :D

Nothing to do with 2 millions. More 500k.

Back
Top Bottom