Thats more like it chaps

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Played a lot better tonight (watched the game on line) and good to see Porter back ;)

much more like it :):):)

ByPsrBhCEAE8RNV.jpg

Good result.....Higdon we need more of the same please

Big result. Saturday was clearly a blip. The Gillingham game will prove that.

Great result! Hopefully, it will give us some momentum to go on another unbeaten run and get some more points on the board. Higdon getting a goal will have done his confidence a world of good.

Good win Blades.
Another clean sheet.
Well done.
UTB!

Reverted to last season's tactics of lettings the opposition keep the ball as long as they can before mopping up and breaking on them.

Much better, although Higdon did nowt after scoring, I think them opening 2 minutes wore him out.

Reverted to last season's tactics of lettings the opposition keep the ball as long as they can before mopping up and breaking on them.

Much better, although Higdon did nowt after scoring, I think them opening 2 minutes wore him out.

The counter attacking at the end of last season was a joy to watch.

If we are starting to replicate that again we should do well.

I managed to watch it from a few minutes into the second half. I don't think it was being shown live on any channel, but someone off BM had managed to find a stream with no commentary.

From what I saw we spent almost all the second half defending, and didn't look very effective on the break. We were second to most of the 50-50 balls in midfield, and had Howard to thank for commanding his area well. Saying that, we defended pretty well overall. But hanging on to a 1-0 against Orient with 35 minutes to go doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. The Blades fans behind the goal were immense. All you could hear was the away support.

Reality check needed. First the fans. Superb following and great banter. The team. To be honest another woeful performance against a poor team. Resorted to hitting it anywhere for most of second half. We have no attacking flair at the minute. Defence did well and apart from a few scares coped well. Higdon. Words fail me. Scored in 2nd minute and took it well. I hoped it would see him raise his game. Result was another shocking performance. Poor touch , no movement and when he did win a header he flicked it on to absolutely no one. Link up play from midfield was non existent for most of the game bar a few moments. Wallace withdrawn again but he does look to be someone who might when fit be a very good player. Credit to all the blades who travelled and highlight of night was the chant " if Porter scores we're on the pitch" which just about sums it up. I hope we can add a quality striker and quickly or I really do fear this season will be another waste.

Just got back from Leyton.

Very enjoyable evening. On the subject of chants, I like the one,

"Chris Porter, he's got a guitar, he likes Alan Carr."

I also liked the Tina Turner ribbing. She seemed a nice lady, who was quite overwhelmed by the attention.

I also liked the little Charlton fella who scored the penalty at half-time and gestured for everyone to sit down. Cheeky devil.

I don't mind Orient, a sort of Notting Hill of the East End, much better place than West Ham, decent pint before hand in the Leyton Tech.

HH

Reality check needed. First the fans. Superb following and great banter. The team. To be honest another woeful performance against a poor team. Resorted to hitting it anywhere for most of second half. We have no attacking flair at the minute. Defence did well and apart from a few scares coped well. Higdon. Words fail me. Scored in 2nd minute and took it well. I hoped it would see him raise his game. Result was another shocking performance. Poor touch , no movement and when he did win a header he flicked it on to absolutely no one. Link up play from midfield was non existent for most of the game bar a few moments. Wallace withdrawn again but he does look to be someone who might when fit be a very good player. Credit to all the blades who travelled and highlight of night was the chant " if Porter scores we're on the pitch" which just about sums it up. I hope we can add a quality striker and quickly or I really do fear this season will be another waste.
Who needs the reality check then green blade ?I might be missing something here,but i'm not sure what the point is,and who or what it is directed to.

I wasn't at the game but don't u think youre being a touch negative? we're in the 3rd div so wont have world class players, we just need to be slighty better than the opposition. leyton orient aren't a bad team in our league, I think were at least a top 6 side hopefully automatic when everyone is fully fit and only Swindon have outclassed us so far. much to be positive outbout (strange from me speaking as a pessimist!)

UTB

Personally I don't mind if higdon does nothing all game as long as he put the 1 or 2 chances he gets a game away.

We will never have a centre forward who we can gush over while in this division. The absolute best that we can hope for is "effective". Truth be told he hasn't started his blades career in that manner but from all accounts he took the goal well and long may it continue.

Thanks for the reality check Green Blade, but I suppose a woeful performance was an improvement on Saturday at Swindon. I can cope with shit performances from Higdon as long as he puts the ball in net. Well done to the team though for responding and getting a positive result, especially our two centrebacks who's confidence must have been rocked after the Swindon debacle. Travelling support, your awesome, each and every one of you.

Perhaps last night was the reality check for the doom-mongers who were out in force after Saturday's result.

Thanks for that,i see it a bit clearer now.So he's basically saying we're not good enough and those that think that was great last night need to get a grip.
That's how I interpret it. I may be wrong, however. And my response was that last night, while not being great, was more like this season's reality than Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom