That was dog shit

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

TJB.

"What's the biggest room in your house?..."
Reaction score
I'm usually an optimist, but I need to raise two key points;

- we didn't deserve the goal
- the red card was an absolute gift.

So why on earth didn't we go in for the kill? We had plenty of opportunities to get another goal, so why didn't we put them to the sword?

If I was Chris Wilder, I'd be fuming tonight. You can't see out the last 20 minutes of the game worried about conceding when yer 1-0 up against 10 men. That should have been put away after their lad walked.

Am I being too harsh? Did anyone else walk away from that game feeling like it wasn't a win?

So why on earth didn't we go in for the kill? We had plenty of opportunities to get another goal, so why didn't we put them to the sword?

If I was Chris Wilder, I'd be fuming tonight. You can't see out the last 20 minutes of the game worried about conceding when yer 1-0 up against 10 men. That should have been put away after their lad walked.

Am I being too harsh? Did anyone else walk away from that game feeling like it wasn't a win?

A touch harsh perhaps but I agree the game was there to be taken but we made damn hard work of it. I did think we deserved the goal though as I thought that was good bit of play.

They had the better chances, if they were more clinical that would have been a draw or worse.

How many teams do you think will beat Bristol Rovers, based on their showing tonight?

It wasn't a great performance and Rovers will rightly feel hard done by not to get at least a point (view from will be interesting)

However.....

It was redeemed because

A. We won

B. We showed some balls to scrap and scrape a result.

Dog shit was the capitulation shown against Fleetwood, Port Vale, Scunny and half a dozen others over the last few seasons, and Southend this season. Tonight was progress of a different sort.

No. I felt much the same way. CW didn't sound too happy about the possession football and lack of attacking towards the end either. I didn't leap to my feet applauding at the final whistle - unlike Saturday at Scunthorpe which did feel like a win.

I suppose at the end of the day the result was the main thing and there'll be plenty of future occasions when we will no doubt play well but drop points

I hope you get all the attention you desire.

Ile take dogshit every week if we play like that,
They were a good side and will beat a lot of teams in this division.
Youre only as good as the opposition let you be. In the last 20mins they were trying to get back into the game so give them some credit. We also got a lot of knocks. Are you being harsh.....Cant wait to read your post when were bad. Or is that harsh?

Dog Shit?

Really?

Actually no. Attention seeking nonsense I'm afraid. We're a work in progress but we're getting there. All wins are welcome and the performance was encouraging if not spectacular.

I enjoyed the game. We did invite them on a bit after the goal and red card but Tufty had his say on that after the game in his RS interview - full of sense and insight as ever. I was mad not to want this guy when he was appointed,

A description of a perfectly legitimate; well constructed; well finished goal as "undeserved" distorts language to breaking point.

I'm going to enjoy our fifth win in six games, a pretty satisfying game of football and leave dog shit to those who have an interest in it.

A side gunning for promotion would've put them away convincingly after going a goal up and them a man down. There's no two ways about it.

The old adage that a team that goes down to ten men is sometimes harder to play against is true only in terms of being harder to break down.
NEVER should they be able to actually put us under even more pressure and make the game an even more nervy affair. Tom has it spot on I'm sorry to say.

Second half was wank.

They should have got the players off and invited Durden and Pinchers on for a bare knuckle brawl.

Tippy tappy wankery in the final third ensured a nervy 1-0 win tonight. A Pyrrhic victory to say the least.

I think all in all we did enough to get three points out of the game personally, it wasn't pretty in parts granted.

It wasn't dog shit but there were plenty of things to be disappointed about. One of which was the way we played, and struggled against 10 men, as the O/P says.

When you're on a good run of form you'll take the odd unconvincing home win to keep the run going but there's been enough recently to suggest our form won't last.

Actually no. Attention seeking nonsense I'm afraid. We're a work in progress but we're getting there. All wins are welcome and the performance was encouraging if not spectacular.

I enjoyed the game. We did invite them on a bit after the goal and red card but Tufty had his say on that after the game in his RS interview - full of sense and insight as ever. I was mad not to want this guy when he was appointed,

A description of a perfectly legitimate; well constructed; well finished goal as "undeserved" distorts language to breaking point.

I'm going to enjoy our fifth win in six games, a pretty satisfying game of football and leave dog shit to those who have an interest in it.

It was a very Warnock like match at times, surprised you enjoyed it.

It was a very Warnock like match at times, surprised you enjoyed it.

Really? I saw some good passing movements, usually resolving around the excellent Paul Coutts. He, Fleck and Duffy are proper footballers. I think the more they get to know each other [its early days] it can only get better and I'm looking forward to it

The performance wasn't top notch by any means and, as Tufty has said already, he didn't like the way we went on the back foot after the goal and red card.

I've no doubt at all that Tufty wants to play the game the right way. Pass and move with purpose when we have the ball. High line pressing when we haven't. I'm really looking forward to the Wilder era. I see what he's trying to do and it excites me,

Warnock wasn't all bad by any means. He was out of his depth in the Prem but he did get us there. I didn't like his touchline antics or personality but there were some memorable times. My issue is to resist the ridiculous notion, expressed reasonably frequently on here, that we should take him back in some capacity. That's a huge no[se] from me...

Really? I saw some good passing movements, usually resolving around the excellent Paul Coutts. He, Fleck and Duffy are proper footballers. I think the more they get to know each other [its early days] it can only get better and I'm looking forward to it

The performance wasn't top notch by any means and, as Tufty has said already, he didn't like the way we went on the back foot after the goal and red card.

I've no doubt at all that Tufty wants to play the game the right way. Pass and move with purpose when we have the ball. High line pressing when we haven't. I'm really looking forward to the Wilder era. I see what he's trying to do and it excites me,

Warnock wasn't all bad by any means. He was out of his depth in the Prem but he did get us there. I didn't like his touchline antics or personality but there were some memorable times. My issue is to resist the ridiculous notion, expressed reasonably frequently on here, that we should take him back in some capacity. That's a huge no[se] from me...
Mourinho and Guardiola would be out of their depth with a budget of 3 million.

Mourinho and Guardiola would be out of their depth with a budget of 3 million.

But it's the same at all his clubs. He's had, I think, about six attempts at the top flight and either been relegated or sacked on each occasion. He's the Alan Partridge of the Premier League - never got a second season.

Me, I like the Championship, me....

Of course you do Neil.

But it's the same at all his clubs. He's had, I think, about six attempts at the top flight and either been relegated or sacked on each occasion. He's the Alan Partridge of the Premier League - never got a second season.

Me, I like the Championship, me....

Of course you do Neil.
You mean 4 months at Palace and 4 months at Qpr ?

Bristol Rovers were a big physical side and not without some ability going forward. They had good opportunities but weren't good enough to take them, Easter in particular. They didn't have a defender on the bench (but had 5 in the starting line-up) and dealt with anything we had going forwards relatively comfortably in the first half. We were lucky to go in level. Thank goodness for Moore. In the first 15 minutes or so they were by far the better side. We seemed to struggle with the 442 formation and didn't look like scoring against their 352. They switched to 442 and it cost them the game. Easter's sending off didn't seem to hurt them and we were hanging on at the end. Coutts can't defend to save his life, still owes us a goal, but tonight was the best I have seen him perform for us. Sadly a number of our players (Sharp, Duffy, Freeman) weren't at the races tonight, but and its a big but, we ground out a win. Best player on the pitch for me was one of theirs - Boateng.

Listen to Wilders post match interview. He made the point that the players don't know him yet and at 1-0 and 10 men he expected us to attack and finish the game not soak up pressure and just keep possession.

Back
Top Bottom