That effing song of yours we knicked

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Haha watch the whole 6 minutes it's painful !
I listened to 4 minutes hoping that you'd do it justice, far too lack lustre and not enough nutters losing it. You also need to go mental. Bless, you'll get there eventually.
5/10

I listened to 4 minutes hoping that you'd do it justice, far too lack lustre and not enough nutters losing it. You also need to go mental. Bless, you'll get there eventually.
5/10

Having the expectation of winning would raise the intensity of the crowd.

Not original for Spurs, and not original for us. One of those songs which nearly everyone sings, and I wish we'd stay clear of.

Having said that, are we the only ones who sing a version which nobody else is likely to understand? I bet it prompts lots of "it's the who boys?" comments. Most people probably think we're singing "the Sheffield boys" - which would obviously be highly mis-judged.

Not original for Spurs, and not original for us. One of those songs which nearly everyone sings, and I wish we'd stay clear of.

Having said that, are we the only ones who sing a version which nobody else is likely to understand? I bet it prompts lots of "it's the who boys?" comments. Most people probably think we're singing "the Sheffield boys" - which would obviously be highly mis-judged.

My god There are words in there ?
Don't be shy let's be knowing what are they...

It's a bit like that one you nicked off us before

Oh when the Blades
Go marching in
Oh when the Blades go marching in

Regardless of the fact that we nicked it from Southampton ;)

Oh when the Spurs was sung late 50's at the Lane. We also slowed it down a few years back which Stoke tried to copy. Still got lots of old songs but getting everyone to sing them isn't easy. The whistle blows the cockeral crows is s great one from years ago but to long winded to get sung in the ground. It's one for the pub.

Oh when the Spurs was sung late 50's at the Lane. We also slowed it down a few years back which Stoke tried to copy. Still got lots of old songs but getting everyone to sing them isn't easy. The whistle blows the cockeral crows is s great one from years ago but to long winded to get sung in the ground. It's one for the pub.

Now you're even nicking our ground name. I'll have you know we were calling it "The Lane" in 1066. It was referred to in the Domesday book.

We seem to sing a lot more of our older songs and the longer ones at away games where people just don't get bored.

My favourite Blades song is "I'm a rambler, I'm a gambler" but I've never, ever heard it sung at a game. To be fair, it's probably a bit long to get going as a chant.

I'd never heard it before until the Brentford away game two seasons back. In the magpie pub (I think) after the game we were introduced to it by some older blades, proper good old sing song and the Brentford fans in there loved it.

I'd never heard it before until the Brentford away game two seasons back. In the magpie pub (I think) after the game we were introduced to it by some older blades, proper good old sing song and the Brentford fans in there loved it.
I've only ever heard it because a Blade friend of mine, who's about 15 years older than me and has known me since I was a nipper, always comes up to me when he's pissed, puts his arm round me, and sings it :D

Love it though, great song.

My favourite Blades song is "I'm a rambler, I'm a gambler" but I've never, ever heard it sung at a game. To be fair, it's probably a bit long to get going as a chant.

One of my favourites as well.

There was a few blasts of this at middlesboro a few years back. Cup replay, freezing as hell and shit game made bearable by going through the entire song book.

This is was preceded by SANTOS SANTOS SANTOS and followed up with littlejohn flying down the wing... :)

0-0 and Paddy Kenny threw one in the net in the 119th minute...

The late 70s, early 80s were a golden era of terrace culture at the Lane for invention and originality of chants... The 79-80 season especially (first in 3rd tier), was full of variety and fun... many variations of chants using the same tune (e.g Birdie song , Tom Hark etc)...

In the end we've contributed 2 originals to general football terrace culture - "Hark now hear..." and the "Greasy chip butty" song which stand out a bit... other than that we've not always been that original... The problem with Greasy Chip Butty is that it's so outstanding that we've relied on it, and thought of little else new since!

In the end we've contributed 2 originals to general football terrace culture - "Hark now hear..." and the "Greasy chip butty" song which stand out a bit... other than that we've not always been that original... The problem with Greasy Chip Butty is that it's so outstanding that we've relied on it, and thought of little else new since!
There's more than just us & Wednesday sing "Hark now hear". Why? Surely it's only applicable to us & that lot?

Back
Top Bottom