That Billy Sharp

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Unfortunately he is a 29 year old with the body of a 34 year old, looks absolutely knackered already and we haven't reached the end of November.

• Banned
Sharp had a good game today, bit harsh to single him out today.
Play the fucker in midfield then and get a striker in who knows where the net is, I don't care. As a striker, he's shit and for once it pains me to have been proved right.

Truth hurts, huh?
No, what hurts is, after conceding a last minute winner, coming onto S24SU to find someone like you finally deeming it necessary to throw about a 'told you so' regarding the signing of Billy Sharp.

This, presumably all without seeing how he played today.

It really doesn't seem like it pains you at all to make this thread. Every Blade will be hurting right now and this thread doesn't help anything - just aims to get under people's skin.

I apologise for my blunt 1st post of this thread.

I just checked the BBC website and it confirms that he didn't score. Again. That's all I need to know.
Yeah, using that logic, I guess Bergkamp was shit for Arsenal as well.

And I'm not even trying to argue that Billy has been amazing, but he's our best striker - that alone makes signing him worthwhile.

No, what hurts is, after conceding a last minute winner, coming onto S24SU to find someone like you finally deeming it necessary to throw about a 'told you so' regarding the signing of Billy Sharp.

This, presumably all without seeing how he played today.

It really doesn't seem like it pains you at all to make this thread. Every Blade will be hurting right now and this thread doesn't help anything - just aims to get under people's skin.

I apologise for my blunt 1st post of this thread.

Technically a last minute drawer, but I know how it feels :-(

Reactions: Dec

Comparing Billy Sharp to Dennis Bergkamp to prove a point. Now THAT has cheered me up.
If you also compare the Arsenal team that Bergkamp played in to the Sheffield United team that Billy Sharp is playing in, it becomes a bit more logical.

Jon Bon how can you comment on a player in a match you haven't even watched. Sharp was not at fault for this game at all and disagree with everyone saying he isn't good enough. Yes I admitted he isn't scoring enough goals a lately but he is running around and putting loads of effort in. Think it is down to adkins telling sharp to do all this as he is trying to compensate for the rest of the team. The Lad is a goal scorer why should he be running around and trying to cover the whole pitch. Done was also playing up front and didn't score I don't see him getting this abuse. And that's not trying to put done down i am just saying I can't remember him scoring today and for that even having a half decent shot?

Always puts the effort in but I really thought he would scoring for fun in this league.

He has just gone back to how useless he was the last time he was with us.

The confidence has gone from the team, and Billy will feel that more than anyone. He just needs one off his backside to get going.

Presumably that represents your inability to grasp my point.
I must admit, I have not got a fucking clue how you can compare Bergkamp's Arsenal to Sharp's Sheff Utd. It's a good one that. Stay off the charlie kid.

Technically a last minute drawer
m-set-of-drawers.jpg

Lets compare Billy Blunt to Higdon or McNulty then, anyone know the difference ? ............................................................. for those that don't Higdon and McNulty score now and then and won't be on anywhere near the money Billy is paid.

Back
Top Bottom