Thank you Wilder , Knill and the board

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Thank you to our management duo who have done what we all wanted and acquired players who are proven at this league , will strengthen us and weaken the other teams . Shaping up to be a good proper league 1 side not a bunch of high paid chancers who might /did not succeed.
Thank you to the board for funding such purchases and finally seeing sense in what is required . If Che has to be sacrificed to balance the books then so be it because Imo the people we have recruited give us a better chance of promotion than were had last season ! Hopefully they will show real balls and not sell anyone !! Looking forward to the start of the season , come on you Red and White wizaaaaaards !
PS might have a couple of places in my van spare for the trip to Bolton from mosborough / killamarsh area , no petrol money needed !!! As ever UTB

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

It is , but it's good that the ingredients are correct for once . Does help .

UTB

Who says they are the correct ingredients?

The only thing that needs to be correct is our position in the automatic promotion spots come May next year.

Who says they are the correct ingredients?

The only thing that needs to be correct is our position in the automatic promotion spots come May next year.

Without the right players you don't get promotion . I am a one game at a time bloke . Fucking hell we've finally got more positives than negatives . Cautious yes . Optimistic you bet.

UTB

I do feel this season will be different, but we don't know anything as of yet until the season starts and we start playing.

Sshhhhhhhhhhh, don't let McCabe know that the club have spent anything!! Is he on holiday or ill?

As a Blade you can never take anything for granted but I will bet £1 with anyone that Leon scores more than Sammon ! I am not by any stretch saying we are up but I certainly feel that given the recruitment of the no nonsense kind of manager and decent league 1 players in the main , that our chances of giving it a good go have increased . We are by no means the finished article but what if you guys ,just what if........
As ever UTB

Mostly agree with the sentiments and think CLarke is a good signing although slightly worried we have given a 31yr old a 3 year contract and look like sacrificing a 20yr old 'potential' and I repeat 'potential' star to finance the deal.

They are exactly the sort of transactions that got us in this mess in the first place....hopefully Wilder knows better

The team is looking to have a better shape/balance with more quality with the managements work pre-season....I feel a poll coming on, and it's only 13:07...

Mostly agree with the sentiments and think CLarke is a good signing although slightly worried we have given a 31yr old a 3 year contract and look like sacrificing a 20yr old 'potential' and I repeat 'potential' star to finance the deal.

They are exactly the sort of transactions that got us in this mess in the first place....hopefully Wilder knows better
Doing this kind of thing badly is what got us into this mess. It can and does work if done right. We also tried throwing money at it under Robson and that didn't work either.

It's not the principles that are wrong, it's the execution.

I'm like you, I hope CW has enough nous to get it right but I realise it's not guaranteed.

Thank you to our management duo who have done what we all wanted and acquired players who are proven at this league , will strengthen us and weaken the other teams . Shaping up to be a good proper league 1 side not a bunch of high paid chancers who might /did not succeed.
Thank you to the board for funding such purchases and finally seeing sense in what is required . If Che has to be sacrificed to balance the books then so be it because Imo the people we have recruited give us a better chance of promotion than were had last season ! Hopefully they will show real balls and not sell anyone !! Looking forward to the start of the season , come on you Red and White wizaaaaaards !
PS might have a couple of places in my van spare for the trip to Bolton from mosborough / killamarsh area , no petrol money needed !!! As ever UTB

Totally agree, great post. I would love a quality left winger, and a centre mid, I'll not mention another centre half because I think we need a centre mid more and a supply from both wings for the front two. Its looking good thus far!

Some Good signings, I still think the season after next is when we will really be contenders but even though Clarke will be 32 then he looks young and fit for his age, if Fleck works out and we continue to add over the next few windows perhaps we are starting to see the way out at long last.

Tell me; could you fit 5 in?

I'm a bit overweight, and one of the lads isn't called 'Big Ash' for nowt, but we've all been thinking about taking up contortionism anyway :D

cheers for waiting 4 and a half years since Ched got banged up before making a serious recruitment drive to get out of this shite league. you're a legend kev.

Doing this kind of thing badly is what got us into this mess. It can and does work if done right. We also tried throwing money at it under Robson and that didn't work either.

It's not the principles that are wrong, it's the execution.

I'm like you, I hope CW has enough nous to get it right but I realise it's not guaranteed.

Exactly. It was selling the rising star and then half heartedly chasing a few 31 year olds for the next 9 months which got us here.

Back
Top Bottom