Tevez affair - Scott Duxbury

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Dellas Cowboys

Reaction score
what comes around goes around

"The Telegraph can also reveal that, before the fake HSBC letter was filed, the club submitted a two-year-old document from Credit Suisse – with which Hornets Investment did bank – that was rejected by the Football League as proof of funds because it was out of date.

Gino Pozzo was aware of the knockback, as was Watford chief executive Scott Duxbury – found in 2007 to have “misled” the Premier League during the Carlos Tevez affair while at West Ham United – although there is no indication either knew the matter was resolved with a forged document."

what comes around goes around

"The Telegraph can also reveal that, before the fake HSBC letter was filed, the club submitted a two-year-old document from Credit Suisse – with which Hornets Investment did bank – that was rejected by the Football League as proof of funds because it was out of date.

Gino Pozzo was aware of the knockback, as was Watford chief executive Scott Duxbury – found in 2007 to have “misled” the Premier League during the Carlos Tevez affair while at West Ham United – although there is no indication either knew the matter was resolved with a forged document."
Unbeleivable
But then again................

He's a lawyer. Of course he is!

That photo was probably taken just after Scudamore had allowed him to pull the wool over his eyes. And bugger him for good measure.
Careful. I got thundercunted for making a comment disparaging lawyers.

His evil grin!

Pity the poor lass who might have that ugly twat trying to impregnate her at some time in her life. Can you imagine that ugly fooka trying to get jiggy with ya. If i was a lass and he was trying it on, id have to take him for a romantic stroll down to the sea...before i lobbed him in complete with bricks and sack. He looks a reight snooty twat.

ByJXcsPCMAAR3_u.jpg:large

I'm getting the word....

Pity the poor lass who might have that ugly twat trying to impregnate her at some time in her life. Can you imagine that ugly fooka trying to get jiggy with ya. If i was a lass and he was trying it on, id have to take him for a romantic stroll down to the sea...before i lobbed him in complete with bricks and sack. He looks a reight snooty twat.

He'll probably be earning enough for it to not matter to certain ladies. Look at Bernie Ecclestone, he looks like something that will come to your house Trick or Treating, yet he can score.

Tipping a points deduction for Watford on the Sports news now.

I just hope there is not the tiniest skeleton in our closet as you know the F.A would relish the opportunity to come down on us like a ton of bricks for anything.

Two things, that someone more au fait with high finance might help me with?

- If the Football League knew the meaning of 'due diligence' why didn't they ring up Pamela Koh on the 'phone number provided, to check the letter was genuine?

- Isn't it a bit odd that the letter purportedly from HSBC is addressed to the Hornets Investment Limited, wouldn't it have been sent to the Football League direct over a guarantee of such a serious sum of money? isn't it a bit Dickensian wandering around Europe with a letter of introduction folded up in your back pocket?

? the Football League, kickback, for, &, hush money, in on it, allegedly, was, someone ...... rearrange at random.

anyone any good at Italian? .... this is from wiki

Udinese Calcio
Nel luglio 1986 Pozzo rileva l'Udinese da Lamberto Mazza. Il club friulano si trova in grandi difficoltà: è coinvolto in uno scandalo scommesse e il 28 luglio 1986 viene retrocesso in serie B, ma ottiene di restare in A con una penalizzazione di nove punti. Pozzo quindi inizia la campagna acquisti facendo arrivare a Udine Francesco Graziani, Fulvio Collovati e l'argentino Daniel Bertoni. L'Udinese retrocede chiudendo il campionato a 15 punti; senza i nove punti di penalizzazione si sarebbe salvata.

Dopo la stagione 1987-1988, nell'estate del 1988 Pozzo ingaggia Nedo Sonetti come allenatore della squadra con Antonio De Vitis, Giuseppe Minaudo, Angelo Orlando, Settimio Lucci, Antonio Paganin, Zennoni, Giuseppe Catalano, Marco Branca e Claudio Garella. L'Udinese arriva terza e torna in Serie A.

L'anno successivo l'Udinese ritorna in Serie B, e dopo i Mondiali del 1990 scoppia il "caso Udinese": la disciplinare, infatti, penalizza la squadra di quattro punti per una telefonata di Pozzo al presidente della Lazio Gianmarco Calleri alla vigilia dell'incontro tra le due squadre. Pozzo si difende strenuamente ma inutilmente, infatti gli viene inflitta un'inibizione di cinque anni a ricoprire cariche sociali.[senza fonte] Da allora non accetterà più la carica di Presidente dell'Udinese, e si limiterà ad essere il proprietario della squadra friulana.

Two things, that someone more au fait with high finance might help me with?

- If the Football League knew the meaning of 'due diligence' why didn't they ring up Pamela Koh on the 'phone number provided, to check the letter was genuine?

- Isn't it a bit odd that the letter purportedly from HSBC is addressed to the Hornets Investment Limited, wouldn't it have been sent to the Football League direct over a guarantee of such a serious sum of money? isn't it a bit Dickensian wandering around Europe with a letter of introduction folded up in your back pocket?

? the Football League, kickback, for, &, hush money, in on it, allegedly, was, someone ...... rearrange at random.

As someone who has seen a fair few forged documents in his lifetime, I have immense sympathy for your scepticism.

Udinese Calcio
Nel luglio 1986 Pozzo rileva l'Udinese da Lamberto Mazza. Il club friulano si trova in grandi difficoltà: è coinvolto in uno scandalo scommesse e il 28 luglio 1986 viene retrocesso in serie B, ma ottiene di restare in A con una penalizzazione di nove punti.

right,seeing as no Italian speakers have translated it for me & armed with 'O'- level Latin and an adventurous nature....I'm going to hazard a guess at....

" in July 1986, Pozzo (Watford owner's Dad and his predecessor at Vicarage Road) took over Udinese from Lamberto Mazza. The club found itself in great difficulty: and in a scandal, the upshot of which was that on the 28th they were going to get demoted to serie B but in the end were allowed to stay in Serie A with a penalty of 9 points at the start of the next season.?????? " - I can't imagine how they were allowed to stay up, but I dare say Scott Duxbury can.

L'anno successivo l'Udinese ritorna in Serie B, e dopo i Mondiali del 1990 scoppia il "caso Udinese": la disciplinare, infatti, penalizza la squadra di quattro punti per una telefonata di Pozzo al presidente della Lazio Gianmarco Calleri alla vigilia dell'incontro tra le due squadre. Pozzo si difende strenuamente ma inutilmente, infatti gli viene inflitta un'inibizione di cinque anni a ricoprire cariche sociali.

The next season (having finished 3rd. in serie A), Udinese returned to serie B, after the World Cup of 1990, there occurred the "Mysterious case of Udinese", their punishment 4 points - because of a 'phone call Pozzo made to the Lazio president, Gianmarco Calleri. Pozzo strenuously defended his actions but he was stopped from doing s o m e t h i n g for 5 years" - allegedly.

just found the English wiki page........

Udinese Calcio

Pozzo bought Udinese Calcio in July 1986, but after a betting scandal, the team was demoted to the second-tier Serie B. The club then suffered a nine-point deduction in the Serie A championship of 1986–87 season after winning promotion, ultimately leading to another relegation despite the acquisition of several prominent players, including Francesco Graziani, Fulvio Collovati and Daniel Bertoni.

In 1990, a phone call between Pozzo and the president of S.S. Lazio just before a match was alleged to be conclusive proof of match-fixing efforts. Despite a robust defence, Pozzo was banned from holding authority at Udinese, though he remained the club's owner.

(I wasn't far off was I?)

So all in all, its a case of the Football League, quite rightly deeming the Pozzos fit and proper people to own Watford, I used to think Massimo Cellino must have somehow slipped through that net, but now I am impressed at the care the Football League puts into 'sifting the wheat from the chaff' as 'twere.

Last edited:

re-reading this shows the get out for the Pozzos and Watford doesn't it?

The Football League being as much to blame as anyone else in this farce will try and make it go away as soon as possible won't they?

Back
Top Bottom