Terry Curran

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jeff King. Wouldn't have wanted a fight with him or Clarke.

quote from terry curran on signing for the blades ive signed for not only the best team in sheffield but in the whole country , what a tosser think he had 2 good games for us huddersfield at home and stoke away in the cup

quote from terry curran on signing for the blades ive signed for not only the best team in sheffield but in the whole country , what a tosser think he had 2 good games for us huddersfield at home and stoke away in the cup
Wasn`t he a Blades supporter growing up?

Everton away.

My old boss used to hate Curran with a passion - on the day we signed him, we queued at his office door to tell him.

There was a long silence, and then "well, I've always liked him".

All these blades moaning about the Leon Clarke signing if we can see Terry Curran pull a blades shirt on the Clarke is a walk in the park . Oh by the way Sam Morsy is the next to sign UTB

To be honest I think those moaning about Clarke are mainly on Twitter, on here we seem to agree pretty unanimously that he'd be a good signing. Probably because us forum dwellers think about things a bit more.

To be honest I think those moaning about Clarke are mainly on Twitter, on here we seem to agree pretty unanimously that he'd be a good signing. Probably because us forum dwellers think about things a bit more.
upload_2016-7-27_12-4-45.jpeg

This was me earlier concluding it`s a great signing.

Just took this off Wigan Forum....

106374p.jpg

Harry Lyon

2000.gif
100.gif

Sam Morsy could be off according to Nixon. Heard rumours of such before, but seems odd despite a relatively packed midfield considering he was only signed six months ago..

Edited by Lincswiganfan 24/7/2016 11:10

Read more: http://www.wigan.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=30433&start=290#ixzz4FcF5fpZT

Curran was a different story as there was a large picture of a pig sprayed on the outside wall of the Kop with "Terry" written underneath it. He was the uberpig: from recording Singin the Blues to scoring a Goal of the Month against us. He was never accepted by a large section of our support- although as others have mentioned- being crap didn't help.

Jeff King, Alan Quinn, Bromby etc all fitted in and had no problem and expect that the new signing will be the same.

Terry Curran scored both goals in the first ever Blades game I attend, two nil over Huddersfield,

I still believe he was booed when he came over to applaud the Kop at the end.

I still can't believe Curran signed for us. Brealey's idea rather than Porterfield's. Curran said that when he played for Weds he'd get stick from United fans but when they got talking to him they realised he was alright, but when he signed for United it was a nightmare and he copped it from both sides.

Terry Curran scored both goals in the first ever Blades game I attend, two nil over Huddersfield,

I still believe he was booed when he came over to applaud the Kop at the end.

I won a Radio Hallam competition for this game and the prize was 2 tickets in the old directors box on John Street , complete with half time cup of tea and jammie dodgers in the lounge underneath the stand. I can still remember the questions , who is the Blades record appearance maker ? Easy - Joe Shaw , and who was Ian Porterfield's first Blades signing, at which point anoraks like me surged ahead - John McAlle from Wolves.

Better still me and two others from the winners were selected for the half time competition , a half time penalty shoot out in front of the Kop . The catch was they covered the goal with a tarpaulin with 5 holes in, one in each corner and one in the middle. The prize was a VIP night at Josies, and my 18 year old mind was already furtively running out of control thinking of barmaids in fishnets and free Asti Spumante. Phwoar.

Alas, another complication was the balls they used were the 50p variety more akin to a balloon and the first guy didn't trouble the scorers. I went next , and eventually worked out by aiming about 10 yards wide of the chosen target you had a chance , and I managed one more than Huddersfield did in their first three at Wembley i.e one out of 5 (sorry , uncalled for, still hurts, therapy not working).

The next bloke looked like he'd had about fourteen pints and blazed the first three wide, burped loudly and then cap ended the next two straight in to the top corner. The Hallam DJ who was on the mike and wearing leg warmers, and taking fearful clog from the Kop, was beside himself.

My dreams of sashaying around Barkers Pool with a Steel City 1982 version of Denise van Outen ( phwoar x 2) lay in tatters, and even Piggy Curran's brace couldn't lift my sombre mood. UTB

my mate once threw a cup of hot coffee at him as he came out of the old john street tunnel it was a testimonial so help us out SILENT BLADE

Back
Top Bottom