Telling statistics

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Blade for Sale

Reaction score
Fuel for the clappers:
We have already played 3 of the current top 5, another against Preston who are tipped to be up there, in fact all but 1 of our matches have been against teams in the top half. To be in touch, and on an upward curve at this stage is a goods position to be in. Easier games await and we have also beaten a Premiership side in the cup.

Fuel for the slashers:
It has taken 3 away matches for the accumulative attendance of these games to overtake our average home crowd, and even then only by less than 1000 (19915 vs 19063). This illustrates the massive gulf in stature between us and the rest of this division, and we should have the buying power and momentum to annhailate this league.

Which camp do you see yourself in, or is it a bit of both?

I like pie, steak & ale is my favourite.

This useful information was brought to you by the "why the need for labels?" Campaign group for supporter harmony.

Only three teams have scored fewer goals than us yet only two teams have conceded less.

No idea :)

Fuel for the clappers:
We have already played 3 of the current top 5, another against Preston who are tipped to be up there, in fact all but 1 of our matches have been against teams in the top half. To be in touch, and on an upward curve at this stage is a goods position to be in. Easier games await and we have also beaten a Premiership side in the cup.

Fuel for the slashers:
It has taken 3 away matches for the accumulative attendance of these games to overtake our average home crowd, and even then only by less than 1000 (19915 vs 19063). This illustrates the massive gulf in stature between us and the rest of this division, and we should have the buying power and momentum to annhailate this league.

Which camp do you see yourself in, or is it a bit of both?

But the two things aren't at all comparable are they? One relates to performance on the pitch and the other to crowd size.

In fact, you could even make a slasher case for our performance so far, that we aren't even in the top six.

But the two things aren't at all comparable are they? One relates to performance on the pitch and the other to crowd size.

In fact, you could even make a slasher case for our performance so far, that we aren't even in the top six.

Not really related no, just thought they were 2 interesting stats and offer fuel to the fire of debate as to where we should be at this moment in time in terms of performances/position.

The most telling point is that we might be top of the table by now if we had a decent striker.

There's not a lot wrong wi' rest on 'em - just that we are more like a Jaffa than a Jaffa

Dunno, we have been playing averagely according to most people (haven't been able to go to most games) but at least we are on a good run of 4 games unbeaten with a win and a draw against two teams tipped for promotion. Hopefully one great performance where everything comes together will give the players more confidence to really smash some teams. We also have the finances to get someone good in the loan market and then hopefully take them on on a permanent basis if they impress. I feel that there is more to come but I just hope that it won't come too late and we finally get out of this boring division.
Although, rather bringing in a new striker we could actually play the ones we have. What we were playing on saturday, 4-6-0 or something? My mate said we looked much more dangerous when Mcnulty went on. Also, what's happened to Higdon? Scored on his debut, had our best chance against Coventry and set up the winner against Mansfield and now he's on the bench every week.

Just a decent goalscorer away from tearing up this league I think.
Too right.It's amazing what confidence that goalscorer will bring to the rest of the squad,before you know it even the defenders will start chipping in with goals and like you say,we're not far off been real contenders.This next couple of away matches will tell us a lot more about where we are as a squad.

Only three teams have scored fewer goals than us yet only two teams have conceded less.

No idea :)

We'll get promoted this season. It won't be pretty or emphatic, but will be solid and effective.
Next season will be fun though :)

Back
Top Bottom