Team Vs Doncaster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

groveblade

Reaction score
What I think Adkins might pick:

- -- -- - - - - -- - - - - Long
Brayford - - Edgar - - - Collins - - - McEveley
Coutts - - - - Basham - - - Hammond - Woolford
- - - - - - - - - - - - - Baxter
- - - - - -- - - - -- - - Sharp

What I'd try:

- - - - - - - - -- - - -- Long
- - - - -Edgar - - Collins - - - McEveley
Brayford - - - - - - - - -- - -- - - - - -- - -- - - Harris
- - - -- - - Coutts - -Basham -- Cuvelier
- - - -- - - --- Sharp - - -- - - Adams

Subs: Howard, Flynn, Baxter, Woolford, JCR, Done, D C-Lewin

Not that impressed by my own side to be fair but I'd just try something different to see if it gets a reaction from the team.... would almost be tempted to drop Brayford for Flynn (with this wing back set-up) but maybe this would be over the top with Harris and Cuvelier already starting...

Any thoughts/improvements on either team?

What I'd try:

Not that impressed by my own side to be fair but I'd just try something different to see if it gets a reaction from the team.... would almost be tempted to drop Brayford for Flynn (with this wing back set-up) but maybe this would be over the top with Harris and Cuvelier already starting...

Yeah about 5 or 6 new players needed in each scenario - minimum :)

What I'd try:

It wouldn't be picked but I would go with

............Long
Brayford Edgar Collins McEverley
JCR Coutts Basham Hammond Adams
Sharp

subs Howard Done Baxter Woolford Calvert-Lewin Harris Reed

What I'd try:

Yeah I'd like to see us try 3 at the back (but with Brayford there instead of Collins, & Flynn as right wing-back). Reckon both Brayford & McEveley would be good in that system as adaptable full-backs/centre-halves, with Edgar as the big man between them.

In his interview Nige identified Donny as playing that system too, so we'd be simply matching up with them.
Would leave us with more legs in the middle of the park as well. (And, like you, I'd like to see Cuvelier given a shot in a three-man midfield).

... Anyway, back to reality. Dour, shape-obsessed 4-4-2 a certainty.

---------------------Long
Brayford - Edgar - Collins - K. Wallace
------------------Hammond
Coutts----------------------------------Done
--------------Baxter------Adams
---------------------Sharp

You forgot to include sammon
whats the odds him playing or sub at least???

Long

Brayford Edgar Collins McEveley

Hammond Basham

JCR Baxter Adams

Sharp

Let's give ourselves a chance of not being bored shitless.

I think we could all hazard a guess as to what Adkins will pick and it would not be far off if not bang on.

I would go

...........................Long........................

.......Edgar...Basham..McEveley........

..Brayford.............................Harris....

.........Baxter....Coutts...Cuvelier.......

.................Done.......Sharp................

Subs: Howard, McGahey, Collins, Scoogs, Adams, K. Wallace, Reed.

Woolford, Hammond and Sammon can bring the physio bag on with the drinks bottles when they're required.

I'd play McEverly at centre back with Edgar, he always plays too narrow at left back, and Harris is much better going forward

I think we could all hazard a guess as to what Adkins will pick and it would not be far off if not bang on.

I would go

...........................Long........................

.......Edgar...Basham..McEveley........

..Brayford.............................Harris....

.........Baxter....Coutts...Cuvelier.......

.................Done.......Sharp................

Subs: Howard, McGahey, Collins, Scoogs, Adams, K. Wallace, Reed.

Woolford, Hammond and Sammon can bring the physio bag on with the drinks bottles when they're required.
At last, someone's dropped Collins

From listening to his interview yesterday I don't think changes are afoot. He seemed content with form and more than once spoke of losing 3 matches in 3 months.

It'll be:

Long

Brayford
Edgar
Collins
McEveley

Coutts
Hammond
Basham
Baxter

Done
Sharp

I usually look forward to the Donny away fixture, not bothering this year though. Bored stiff of watching this team now, we're playing just as negatively as we were under Clough and not even doing it as effectively.

........................Long
.......Brayford ........ Edgar.........McEveley
Cuvelier ..............Basham..................Wallace
...............Coutts.................Baxter
............Sharp........................Adams

Subs: Howard, Flynn, Hammond, Harris, JCR, Done, D C-Lewin

GK: Long
CB's: Brayford, Edgar, McEvely
RWB/LWB: Flynn, Harris
CM's: Basham, Cuvelier
RW/LW: Coutts, Adams
ST: Sharp

------------------Long-----------------------
Brayford - Edgar - Collins - McEveley
--------Hammond-------Basham---------
Adams----------------------------------Done
-------Calvert-Lewin-------Sharp---------

I would love to see this!

------------------Long-----------------------
Brayford - Edgar - Collins - McEveley
--------Hammond-------Basham---------
Adams----------------------------------Done
-------Calvert-Lewin-------Sharp---------

I would love to see this!
I'm not one for picking teams but if I had to, I'd give that a go but with DCL just behind Billy and Done and Adams tucked in to make a three with him, so more like a 4231.

_______________Long_______________
Edgar_______Basham______McEverley
_______ Hammond
Brayford___Coutts___Cuvelier____Harris
Sharp______Adams

It's no good sticking with the current back four, we are simply not good enough. This system should give us the opportunity to get a bit of width and get some crosses in.
Hammond should be more effective has he would have less ground to cover.
Brayford has been poor defensively recently but is one of the few with pace and can imagine him doing well if we play positively (it's a long shot I know).
If flo is not fit then it would have to be Reed with this system, although I am not convinced he his good enough.
Salmon and Done have not done nowt recently so it's time for Che to step up.

Don't think you'd get past Health and Safety with that.

Pretty sure you've got a duty of care to get the medical attention started within 10 minutes of the player being injured. If Hammond could do it with his "invisibility" cloak on we might get away with it.

The whole squad screams 3 in midfield and has all season as it helps with the various inadequacies of all our central midfielders whether that's in a 3-5-2, 4-5-1, 4-3-3. Instead Adkins sticks rigidly with 4-4-2, rendering Scougall worthless, Reed a bit haphazard, making Baxter a liability or stuck out wide and putting too much pressure on the other less mobile centre mids.

Three at the back could work, but not with Brayford as one of them. Try him at wing-back and let him bomb forward, with Flynn on the bench for back-up or a switch to four at the back.

If we've abandoned this season we may as well try something, playing the same way and bragging about only losing three in three months is pointless, you get more points for winning a couple and losing one than you do drawing three and being unbeaten.

I'm guessing, despite the rumour before the Wigan game that he's going to try different things, tomorrow's team will be roughly the same, if not the same.

I'm guessing, despite the rumour before the Wigan game that he's going to try different things, tomorrow's team will be roughly the same, if not the same.

I am expecting something quite a bit different, a few different starters, a couple of the 'old favourites' :eek: dropped. I think Adkins will shake it up a bit, not scored in the last 2 games (Adkins pointed out). He's been on about the Academy lads, is he softening us up for some appearances tomorrow? I am going to watch this space, well the space on the pitch actually!

I am expecting something quite a bit different, a few different starters, a couple of the 'old favourites' :eek: dropped. I think Adkins will shake it up a bit, not scored in the last 2 games (Adkins pointed out). He's been on about the Academy lads, is he softening us up for some appearances tomorrow? I am going to watch this space, well the space on the pitch actually!

He also mentioned 'it's all about winning games' more than once so I'm not expecting any changes. Maybe DCL on the bench and the odd start for Adams but mainly grinding it out.

Long

Brayford Edgar Collins McEveley

Hammond Basham

JCR Baxter Adams

Sharp

Let's give ourselves a chance of not being bored shitless.
Whilst I'm bored at present, the open line up failed even more miserably earlier in the season. Our defence just isn't up to it.

That makes not buying a CH in January more criminal, but we are where we are.

UTB

Massive game for Adkins I think this. A few more defeats and not only will fans question him but the board may make him the fall guy

If I was in charge tomorrow I would wear a Parka and go for

Long

Brayford
McEveley
Edgar
Collins

Basham
Hammond
Scougall

JCR
Done
Sharp

I envisage one honest hard working professional in goal, four honest hard working professionals at the back, four honest hard working professionals in midfield and two honest hard working professionals up front.

I also think they'll be United together with everyone else working hard behind the scenes while the game is going on. We don't need anyone else, they're no better than what we've got.

Back
Top Bottom