Team vs Bristol Rovers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

joshua thompson

Reaction score
Moore
Freeman Landell O'Connell Lafferty
Fleck
Coutts Scogall
Duffy Done
Sharp

Going for a 4-3-3 with Done on LW but contributing to runs in the middle.

Thoughts

Simon Moore- Needs a better performance, I dont know why people have not that annoyed with the first goal, if it was long he would be hammered and no taking sides here, I dont think long is good enough. But Moore should have not let in the first and I expect a better performance following his MOTM at our last home game.

Defence- Stick with a similar defence, Wright still injured unfortunately. Defence is looking stronger, and improving gradually. Would be nice to get the second clean sheet of the season.

Midfield- With Basham out, I have gone with fleck holding, scougall to be the more attacking midfielder and coutts to do as he has been doing. I would have liked to see Whiteman play holding with scougall on the bench and fleck in his position, but just cant see that happening.

Duffy on RM- just do what he has been, duffy is duffy, not great in my opinion but will start and do as same as always.

Done- play LM-LW, run in-behind and take up a role with Sharp chopping and changing from LW to ST

Then sharp unfront.

Still dont think Lavery is 100% fit, hope he is soon. Be nice to see him come on around 50-60min mark.

BENCH: Hussey, Scougall, Lavery, Whiteman, Brown, Chapman and Ramsdale.

Think we will win, comfortably, 3-1. Hoping we can keep this momentum going, guess we will see.

UTB

Moore
Freeman Landell O'Connell Lafferty
Fleck
Coutts Scogall
Duffy Done
Sharp

Going for a 4-3-3 with Done on LW but contributing to runs in the middle.

Thoughts

Simon Moore- Needs a better performance, I dont know why people have not that annoyed with the first goal, if it was long he would be hammered and no taking sides here, I dont think long is good enough. But Moore should have not let in the first and I expect a better performance following his MOTM at our last home game.

Defence- Stick with a similar defence, Wright still injured unfortunately. Defence is looking stronger, and improving gradually. Would be nice to get the second clean sheet of the season.

Midfield- With Basham out, I have gone with fleck holding, scougall to be the more attacking midfielder and coutts to do as he has been doing. I would have liked to see Whiteman play holding with scougall on the bench and fleck in his position, but just cant see that happening.

Duffy on RM- just do what he has been, duffy is duffy, not great in my opinion but will start and do as same as always.

Done- play LM-LW, run in-behind and take up a role with Sharp chopping and changing from LW to ST

Then sharp unfront.

Still dont think Lavery is 100% fit, hope he is soon. Be nice to see him come on around 50-60min mark.

BENCH: Hussey, Scougall, Lavery, Whiteman, Brown, Chapman and Ramsdale.

Think we will win, comfortably, 3-1. Hoping we can keep this momentum going, guess we will see.

UTB
Joshua. You've got Scougall in the starting line up and on the bench. Is there a plan to clone him on blotting paper?

Hopefully Lafferty will have a decent game. He hasn't made as many errors as Hussey, but he has done little to impress so far.

Hopefully Lafferty will have a decent game. He hasn't made as many errors as Hussey, but he has done little to impress so far.
He's been better than Hussey which will do for starters and we've improved as a team since this has happened, although admittedly, that could have fuck all to do with Lafferty playing instead of Hussey. :)

Let this be a lesson!

Big mistake! Obviously not intended to put him twice, I was just in a rush! :(

Either way, looking forward to tonight now, actually feel a buzz for going for once in a while.

Lets get them 3 points!

For what its worth, my team for tonight;

- - - - - - - - - - - - Moore - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - EEL - - - Wright - - - JOC - - - - - -

Freeman - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Lafferty

- - - - - - - - Coutts - - - Fleck - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Duffy - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - Sharp - - - Done - - - - - - - - - -

Subs: Ramsdale, Whiteman, Brooks, Scougall, Lavery, Brown, Wilson.

This is all presuming Wright/Wilson get passed fit.

Not a concern as such, but with injuries and suspensions our bench looks 'raw'.

I watched the goal a couple of times and wondered if there was a slight deflection on the shot, which would have explained Moore going slightly the wrong way.

I watched the goal a couple of times and wondered if there was a slight deflection on the shot, which would have explained Moore going slightly the wrong way.
The thing is, when I first read about the apparent error by Moore I was expecting to see something really glaring.

However, although keepers should rarely be beaten at their near posts, the type of goal can be seen numerous times over the course of a weekend. It wasn't horrific, or indeed a full on mistake, just something he would usually expect to do better with.

The thing is, when I first read about the apparent error by Moore I was expecting to see something really glaring.

However, although keepers should rarely be beaten at their near posts, the type of goal can be seen numerous times over the course of a weekend. It wasn't horrific, or indeed a full on mistake, just something he would usually expect to do better with.

Totally agree, no doubt he should have saved it, I think we have gone easy on him following his MOTM performance the week before and longs antics and to not affect his confidence maybe, which I would agree with. It does happen from time to time, and is a clear area we can improve upon.

But there is no doubt, front post, that angle. It should be saved. However, onwards and upwards, that is the past now and whats important is another 3 point tonight!

Think it does look like there was a slight niggle actually, having watched it again a few times. But very difficult to tell.

Totally agree, no doubt he should have saved it, I think we have gone easy on him following his MOTM performance the week before and longs antics and to not affect his confidence maybe, which I would agree with. It does happen from time to time, and is a clear area we can improve upon.

But there is no doubt, front post, that angle. It should be saved. However, onwards and upwards, that is the past now and whats important is another 3 point tonight!

Yep, 3 points tonight would be brilliant.

Im just glad we all seem to have the fire back in our bellies. Cant remember the last time I was so keen to get down to the Lane, can feel the momentum gathering.

Yep, 3 points tonight would be brilliant.

Im just glad we all seem to have the fire back in our bellies. Cant remember the last time I was so keen to get down to the Lane, can feel the momentum gathering.

Yes, actually feel fired up and excited to go down to the lane again, no had that in a while, especially last season. My last time was probably under Clough with the cup run or even when Wilson was around. I have much more confidence in the team and players ability, the momentum is gathering and lets hope that momentum gets us up back up into a league we should be in.

UTB.

what about the two big saves he made on Saturday?

Happy now?

Back
Top Bottom