Team v Bristol Rovers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ricky

Banned
Reaction score
Enforced changes with Basham suspended and Wright presumably still missing through injury along with Wilson. With our centre half options reduced, we may be best served going back to four at the back. Basham's red card could be the break Fleck needed to establish himself in the team, and with the other absentees in mind we could be prompted to go with the diamond shape, which I think could ultimately suit our midfielders the best, and prove to be the best formation for most home games.

.........................Moore......................

Freeman E-Landell O'Connell Lafferty

..........................Fleck........................

...........Coutts.................Scougall......

..........................Duffy.........................

..................Sharp........Done..............

Subs: Ramsdale, Brown, Hussey, Whiteman, Brooks, Chapman, Lavery

If Wilder does feel the need to change it like that, maybe it could be a blessing in disguise.

Would agree with that Ricky. Didn't know Wilson was injured as well, anyone know the extent of his and Wright's injuries?

Wilder might just push the new lad Brown in to centre half if Wright and Wilson aren't available. That midfield seems a bit lightweight to me, I'd put Whiteman in. If fit I'd also have Clarke up top instead of Sharp, with Done very much alongside.

Wilder might just push the new lad Brown in to centre half if Wright and Wilson aren't available. That midfield seems a bit lightweight to me, I'd put Whiteman in. If fit I'd also have Clarke up top instead of Sharp, with Done very much alongside.

Clarke is out for a month mate.

Enforced changes with Basham suspended and Wright presumably still missing through injury along with Wilson. With our centre half options reduced, we may be best served going back to four at the back. Basham's red card could be the break Fleck needed to establish himself in the team, and with the other absentees in mind we could be prompted to go with the diamond shape, which I think could ultimately suit our midfielders the best, and prove to be the best formation for most home games.

If Wilder does feel the need to change it like that, maybe it could be a blessing in disguise.
There's no way Wilder will start with that midfield.

Whiteman is the one likely to come in if it's a midfielder that replaces Bash. Which is far from certain as it could easily be Wilson or Wright which would leave a midfield 2 of Fleck n Coutts.

UTB

To be frank, based on performances in a lacklustre side last year and reported ones thus far in the reserves, I'd be happy for Wilder to bring Whiteman back into the fold. Could well be the break the lad needs.

• Banned
There's no way Wilder will start with that midfield.

Whiteman is the one likely to come in if it's a midfielder that replaces Bash. Which is far from certain as it could easily be Wilson or Wright which would leave a midfield 2 of Fleck n Coutts.

UTB

He played three ball playing types today in Coutts, Fleck and Duffy without anyone like Basham in there - in a very tough away game - so I wouldn't rule out him doing similar in a home game.

He played three ball playing types today in Coutts, Fleck and Duffy without anyone like Basham in there - in a very tough away game - so I wouldn't rule out him doing similar in a home game.

Though i agree Fleck is a ball playing midfielder, he does like a crunching tackle - not completely an attack minded player.

To be frank, based on performances in a lacklustre side last year and reported ones thus far in the reserves, I'd be happy for Wilder to bring Whiteman back into the fold. Could well be the break the lad needs.

What he needs is irrelevant. It's about SUFC. I saw his "performances last year" and there was nothing remarkable. Tufty should pick the team most likely to win three points, not play at being Simon Cowell.

It never ceases to amaze me that people want to drop Sharp who has now scored in 26 league matches out of 55 since he returned. Must be shit:rolleyes:

Id be tempted to put Whiteman in as the middle CB. He's played there before in the u21s etc, he's mobile with a good tackle and vision. Just a thought

Id be tempted to put Whiteman in as the middle CB. He's played there before in the u21s etc, he's mobile with a good tackle and vision. Just a thought
From what I've seen of him he could do a job in there

I also think this will be the game where we change our formation, but would be surprised to see another completely new one. I'd expect a return to 4-2-3-1.

I think either Wilson or Wright will be fit to play, which will render the speculation rather redundant...

Back
Top Bottom