Swindon v Blades

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Kazarre13

Turkish Blade
Reaction score
Next: Swindon v Blades
Stadium: The Countly Ground
Date: 20/09/14 - 15:00

What do you think about the match?

2-1 to us,Scouggs and McNulty.

I would take a draw here though,although i do think we will win,just keep the momentum up lads.

Swindon dangerous team. But we better quality. I think 1-0.

We could use some of our attacking players back for this game. Hopefully Baxter, JCR and Murphy will be able to play and Flynn and Scougall can make an impact from the bench again. I don't think Scougall will be able to last more than an hour so I think he'd be better as a sub again this weekend to add a bit of pace in the second half.

We could use some of our attacking players back for this game. Hopefully Baxter, JCR and Murphy will be able to play and Flynn and Scougall can make an impact from the bench again. I don't think Scougall will be able to last more than an hour so I think he'd be better as a sub again this weekend to add a bit of pace in the second half.
We've got Davies upfront,what more do you want:D

Douglas Bader?
Didn't know who you was on about at first,then i had a quick read up on him and thats all it took to realise he didn't mess about upfront.

Our strikers are playing like him after that crash in December 1931.

Didn't know who you was on about at first,then i had a quick read up on him and thats all it took to realise he didn't mess about upfront.

Our players are playing like him after that crash in 1931.

Sorry Wiz, probably someone that the older contingent on here might remember. He was always cited as someone who overcame terrible disabilities and still attacked 'Jerry'. Maybe the war time references might go over the head of younger Blades, but without these guys we might well be watching Bayern Blades.

Sorry Wiz, probably someone that the older contingent on here might remember. He was always cited as someone who overcame terrible disabilities and still attacked 'Jerry'. Maybe the war time references might go over the head of younger Blades, but without these guys we might well be watching Bayern Blades.
Yes i'm 31,but still very intrigued none the less on all this kind of history.It wasn't my strongest subject at school but neither were any of the others:(:D

Yes i'm 31,but still very intrigued none the less on all this kind of history.It wasn't my strongest subject at school but neither were any of the others:(:D

Me too Wiz, my thoughts were mainly in the direction of women, music, and Ladbrokes.

The only things I excelled at were the written word and art, apart from that I couldn't wait to get to the Hammersmith Palais on a Monday night. The war was still a 'recent' topic, and I got sick and tired of my dad telling me how to put together a machine gun. One thing that's stuck with me is how national service was meant to instil some discipline in younger guys. Not sure how true the moral of that might be, but these days, some of the knife-wielding gits might find this a culture shock that sorts out their mindset.

Me too Wiz, my thoughts were mainly in the direction of women, music, and Ladbrokes.

The only things I excelled at were the written word and art, apart from that I couldn't wait to get to the Hammersmith Palais on a Monday night. The war was still a 'recent' topic, and I got sick and tired of my dad telling me how to put together a machine gun. One thing that's stuck with me is how national service was meant to instil some discipline in younger guys. Not sure how true the moral of that might be, but these days, some of the knife-wielding gits might find this a culture shock that sorts out their mindset.
Totally agree,some of the daft twats need to be made to do the national service,instead of stabbing our lot,stab someone else's breed instead.

Last edited:
Totally agree,some of the daft twats need to be made to do the national service,instead of stabbing our lot,stab someone else's bread instead.

They're what someone referred to as 'The MTV Generation'. Young guys have always liked a scrap, there's no point romanticising the past, but in recent years the idea of consequences seems to have disappeared completely and life is a cheap commodity for those who wish to assume the title of Bertie Big Bollocks.

Not sure what the answer is, but proving how tough you are has nothing to do with being a man. I have need of the NHS, and some of the guys I see, ambulance men, male nurses etc, who are caring, willing to dedicate themselves to help others, and clearly do it for reasons that suggest that their moral compass is pointed in the right direction, are more of a man than some of these toerags will ever be. Sorry for the sermon, but if some of the pricks I'm referring to fancied proving themselves they should pop down to Brendan Ingle's gym and get into a ring with some of the lads there. They'd soon find out what it means to handle themselves, and in the process the penny might drop about what it takes to act like an adult.

They're what someone referred to as 'The MTV Generation'. Young guys have always liked a scrap, there's no point romanticising the past, but in recent years the idea of consequences seems to have disappeared completely and life is a cheap commodity for those who wish to assume the title of Bertie Big Bollocks.

Not sure what the answer is, but proving how tough you are has nothing to do with being a man. I have need of the NHS, and some of the guys I see, ambulance men, male nurses etc, who are caring, willing to dedicate themselves to help others, and clearly do it for reasons that suggest that their moral compass is pointed in the right direction, are more of a man than some of these toerags will ever be. Sorry for the sermon, but if some of the pricks I'm referring to fancied proving themselves they should pop down to Brendan Ingle's gym and get into a ring with some of the lads there. They'd soon find out what it means to handle themselves, and in the process the penny might drop about what it takes to act like an adult.
Brendan's gym has sorted a lot of people out,but the problem is it ain't big enough to sort every daft twat out,if it was it would propably be better than doing the national service.

Brendan's gym has sorted a lot of people out,but the problem is it ain't big enough to sort every daft twat out,if it was it would propably be better than doing the national service.

Then what we do Wiz is collect the fuckers, restrain 'em, apply clothes pegs to their genitalia (that can be your job ;)) and leave 'em until they become co-operative. Once it's clear that we've knocked the stuffing out of 'em we'll then.......oh, did I tell you about the time I spent as part of the Spanish Inquisition?

Then what we do Wiz is collect the fuckers, restrain 'em, apply clothes pegs to their genitalia (that can be your job ;)) and leave 'em until they become co-operative. Once it's clear that we've knocked the stuffing out of 'em we'll then.......oh, did I tell you about the time I spent as part of the Spanish Inquisition?
I like them kind of jobs:eek:Does it meet national minimum wage:D
Oh and as for the history lesson,we're getting even earlier now:D

I like them kind of jobs:eek:Does it meet national minimum wage:D
Oh and as for the history lesson,we're getting even earlier now:D

You're expecting to be paid :confused:? You'll be luck to be given a pair of Marigold gloves, so your nob handling talents will be judged according to the degree of anxiety and suffering you can cause the scrotes. Looking to the past is the best way to find tried and tested means of compliance through cruelty. With a bit of luck we might be able to get funding from Europe, of course, our own psychological testing must ensure that we're doing this for the right reasons (we'll turn a blind eye to the fact that there are no 'right' reasons to torture someone).

You're expecting to be paid :confused:? You'll be luck to be given a pair of Marigold gloves, so your nob handling talents will be judged according to the degree of anxiety and suffering you can cause the scrotes. Looking to the past is the best way to find tried and tested means of compliance through cruelty. With a bit of luck we might be able to get funding from Europe, of course, our own psychological testing must ensure that we're doing this for the right reasons (we'll turn a blind eye to the fact that there are no 'right' reasons to torture someone).
I never get paid for handling my own,so i don't know why i thought this would be any different:DAnd blind eyes there were;)

Can't afford a performance like Tuesday again we won't get away with that again in a hurry.

Draw would be a good result, but a very tough looking game

Do not underestimate the power of Sheffiel United

Swindon 4-0 Blades

Tough place to go to. A win would be a convincing sign we have a team to be reckoned with. I'd take a draw.

Swindon can be got at if the drive is there to take the game to them....If we play like we did V Colchester we gotta come back from 4 goals this time. IMHO the Blades will take the game to Swindon and will rip them a new one....3-1 Blades win for me. :)

You are an optimist IIYB Some of us might never have been here had things gone wrong

Would really like a win today to get even for last season, we played them off the park in the second half, Doyle scored a great goal and we got suckered about 2 minutes from time. Happy to take a completely undeserved 1-0 this time.

The match on 4th December 1993 at Swindon will always stand out for me. It was 0-0 and the most fucking awful game I have ever seen. Deadbat would struggle to write a 10-word report on it. The only things I remember are the 'Magic Roundabout' and a cracking night out in Oxford.

You are an optimist IIYB Some of us might never have been here had things gone wrong

I smiled reflectively at that Sirius, there's a strong possibility that I would have joined whatever form of resistance would have emerged if the Nazi's had gained control of the UK. So yes, I'm sure there would have been a round-up of those regarded as oppositional to their plans. Interesting yet morbid thought about what might have happened. Sends a chill down my spine just thinking about how different the world would have become.

Hoping Scoogs starts and we go on front foot. Just about to get full English at Gloucester premier inn! To fuel the day !

Back
Top Bottom