Swindon game - on or off?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SwissBlade

Reaction score
just seen on the bbc that Oldham are calling on volunteers to get the snow cleared and get their game on. I'm presuming that our pitch will be cleared, it looked wet the other night, so with extra water from snow it will be damp, but most of it should drain

It's the roads around and the back of the kop etc which will be a little treacherous. I saw yesterday that the ground and ticket office was closed

Personally I can't see it being called off, especially with fixture back logs that we have, but you never know... Are the streets clear?

just seen on the bbc that Oldham are calling on volunteers to get the snow cleared and get their game on. I'm presuming that our pitch will be cleared, it looked wet the other night, so with extra water from snow it will be damp, but most of it should drain

It's the roads around and the back of the kop etc which will be a little treacherous. I saw yesterday that the ground and ticket office was closed

Personally I can't see it being called off, especially with fixture back logs that we have, but you never know... Are the streets clear?

I reckon it will be lunchtime tomorrow before they can give a verdict.

Up here (Lodge Moor - they filmed 'Fortitude' here...) is shit. We've had 9" and pavements are shocking.

Drove past this morning on my way to work and it didn't look too bad. Bit of compacted snow / ice, but with any luck the slightly warmer day today will help. There was bugger-all on the road itself.

They called off the Scunny one with similar conditions (same amount of snow/potential of ice) etc or is not quite as bad down S2 this time?

Suppose they have had a bit longer to clear this time but would be odd for this to go ahead and not that one.

Just met Nigel Clough outside the ticket office at the lane. He was chatting to delivery drivers. I sad Hello and we had a very brief chat wherere he said he thinks the game will be on. He also asked me if I was available to play up front tommorrow.

And the current BBC forecast offering snow for next Tuesday afternoon and early evening. And that's not a match that wants postponing. I rarely trust the BBC forecast tho. Or the Sport. Or the News.

Phoned ticket office today for tickets and the girl said the ice is melting, a bit slippy outside the ground, but as it stands game on.

I'm hoping the game will be off tomorrow, my car is buried up to the door sills and not going anywhere for a while without risk of ripping the front valance and exhaust off. If its on I will have to catch the bus in from the Valley, and when I do that I have to have a beer or two, damn this weather :rolleyes: :).

Just been to get my cup replay tickets during my lunch break at work. The walk from Pond Street via Shoreham Street is much better than it was on New Years Eve (when I got tickets for both Spurs matches) when 3 days earlier H & S declared the roads/pavement "unsafe". The pavements are now clear until the Shoreham St Post office, the pavements behind the Kop is slippy but as the hard pressed snow is presently being exposed to the sunshine, I reckon that virtually all of it will be melted before sun sets (snow from the roofs around the ground is dripping fast). Cherry Street car park is "safe" despite some mounts of snow in some areas. Walked back to my work via the Bramall Lane, St Marys roundabout, Jessop St and Paternoster row and the route was virtually clear of the snow (despite some icy bits around the roundabout). Forecast temp for tonight is above freezing so I am 95% certain that H & S will declare tomorrow's match "safe"

I hope its on as am looking forward to seeing a game it seems ages since the Preston league match. I f they call it off lets hope its before I start my 200 mile trip!!

Thawing like mad up here in the frozen wastelands of Fulwood so should be no problem down in the balmy, sun-drenched area of BDTBL.

Just met Nigel Clough outside the ticket office at the lane. He was chatting to delivery drivers. I sad Hello and we had a very brief chat wherere he said he thinks the game will be on. He also asked me if I was available to play up front tommorrow.

More proof Clough hates Mcnulty. And probably Adams.

What are the pavements like around the ground ? I have health and safety paranoia now. Some of the pavements, and some of the side roads, in Woodseats are still just as bad as they were for Scunthorpe.

Jehovah ,That deliver driver was from SWFC new parcel delivery sponsor . They are having 3 new sponsors on the front of there shirts , due to new ownership.

TOTAL
FCUK
UPS

UTB:D

Nine inches of snow here and the Yanks shut down all public transport and banned people from the roads - even cycles - with a $300 fine for offenders.

Still, if it prevented just a single accident, it was fully worthwhile :)

Nine inches of snow here and the Yanks shut down all public transport and banned people from the roads - even cycles - with a $300 fine for offenders.

Still, if it prevented just a single accident, it was fully worthwhile :)
My Mrs says theres 9 inches in our garden , looks like 5 to me...........

Back
Top Bottom