SWFC planned to ruin our TV time?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jimmy23

Reaction score
Before u ask, yes I do realise I have created a lot of threads today but trust me, it's the last one for now...

Sheffield Wednesday confirmed their takeover by Ladyboys earlier... But, I deep down think that the deal may have been done a few days ago and intentionally, they chose to announce it a day after our heroics on Wednesday night. Whether we won, lost or draw, we were always going to dominate Yorkshire news on the tabloids and Look North. I bet Manderic turned round and said something like "ooh, Ive got a good idea my friend, why not punish our old enemies by us lot announcing our takeover A DAY AFTER THEIR GAME AGAINST SPURS. Because we never get on the news". COME ON GUYS, youve got to be a bit suspicious on the timing of the announcement. We were hardly mentioned on FH today either. SWFC - I hate em more than Leeds...and that is an insult

Ps- Obviously, I will get a bollocking by some of you lot for starting this thread, but.. Il take it like a grown, mature, Father(man)

Not surprising at all.

They do have a habit of stealing our thunder. The prime example I have pointed out many many times already is the Megson sacking announcement. Which if memory serves me right they announced it right after we had won an important mid week league match and RS ended up dedicating at least 3 phone in shows all related to his sacking.

Nothing changes with Look L**ds and RS, so I expect this kind of bullshit now,

The deal has to be passed / approved by the football association. first. Milan Mandaric did a good job on the financial due diligence on the last so called sale to Azerbaijani business man , Hafiz Mammadov. . Great piece of business for the good of SWFC.

Consortiums are dangerous just look at Leeds . This one being led by Dejphon Chansiri of Thai Union Frozen Group . No idea of that companies financial standing . False dawn yet again for there deluded fans IMO.

RS timing for having a extended praise or grumble was shit . Could have had a phone in , on it tonight. Embarrassment yet again.

At least we seem to be in safe hands , couldn't care at toss about S6.

UTB

Whather it was timed or not, it's almost certainly a load of bollocks. How many more times will we go down this 'Wednesday takeover' route? Sheard, Strapon, Mammadov...

Unless it's as bent as Cellino at Leeds (and I wouldn't put anything past Mandaric), nobody would touch Wednesday until the Hillsborough enquiry/non-existent up-to-date Safety Certificate matter has been closed.

Also, with the reigning-back of supermarket expansion, the prime use for Hillsborough has gone. :D

Re. Radio Sheffield, apart from FH and PoG (a non-starter for the next few days), I avoid this 'Smashy 'n' Nicey' throwback like the plague but did listen to it briefly yesterday morning to hear about the snow disruption. Apart from 'every school is closed' (doesn't take much), it was thick caller after thick caller droning on about their heroics in clogging up the roads.

'Albert has got in touch via Facebook/has Tweeted on Twitter/has sent us a selfie :rolleyes: telling us that there is snow on t'road on t'Manor.' No wonder these planks couldn't find their arse with both hands. Then a bloke even more thick than the rest rang/Tweeted, sent a selfie, whatever and said:

'Aah know ahh shuddn't be on t'road, but maah journey wuz vital (isn't it always..?) as aah've got t'rehearsals.' Who was this thicko? Toby fucking Foster!

Finally, a voice of reason rang in and asked the presenter 'Please tell me you aren't going to spend the next three hours boring us with the same old stories...' and with an abruptness normally reserved for anybody who criticises the Massive, they cut him off.

#ShittyRadioSheffield

Whather it was timed or not, it's almost certainly a load of bollocks. How many more times will we go down this 'Wednesday takeover' route? Sheard, Strapon, Mammadov...

Unless it's as bent as Cellino at Leeds (and I wouldn't put anything past Mandaric), nobody would touch Wednesday until the Hillsborough enquiry/non-existent up-to-date Safety Certificate matter has been closed.

Also, with the reigning-back of supermarket expansion, the prime use for Hillsborough has gone. :D

Re. Radio Sheffield, apart from FH and PoG (a non-starter for the next few days), I avoid this 'Smashy 'n' Nicey' throwback like the plague but did listen to it briefly yesterday morning to hear about the snow disruption. Apart from 'every school is closed' (doesn't take much), it was thick caller after thick caller droning on about their heroics in clogging up the roads.

'Albert has got in touch via Facebook/has Tweeted on Twitter/has sent us a selfie :rolleyes: telling us that there is snow on t'road on t'Manor.' No wonder these planks couldn't find their arse with both hands. Then a bloke even more thick than the rest rang/Tweeted, sent a selfie, whatever and said:

'Aah know ahh shuddn't be on t'road, but maah journey wuz vital (isn't it always..?) as aah've got t'rehearsals.' Who was this thicko? Toby fucking Foster!

Finally, a voice of reason rang in and asked the presenter 'Please tell me you aren't going to spend the next three hours boring us with the same old stories...' and with an abruptness normally reserved for anybody who criticises the Massive, they cut him off.

#ShittyRadioSheffield

Wonder if RS will do the coverage , when the new owners change the kit colour to red.:D

UTB

I can't believe we expect anything else from the star and radio sheffield, day of the semi you get mark bright tipping us to lose "choke" was the word he used, well the fine yorkshireman that brighty is was again wrong, but there won't be another quote from him saying we didn't choke, sheffield star gave him his cheap shot and printed it on a day when if it really cared about half its readership would have been positive on all fronts, had it been the bitter blues in the semi :p, they might have asked edwards, I bet he wouldn't have resorted to a cheap shot like bright did, but then edwards didn't have to crave attention because he didn't spend his career in the shadow of ian wright, unlike our "expert"

And on to the takeover, which to be fair I'm not fussed about either way, all I can say is this, if I could have chosen a person to sell swfc, it would have been mandaric...

If they mirror what we've done and have a controlled investment, then I will be concerned a little, personally I hope they spend millions and millions, all secured against loans and go tits up a'la portsmouth....

What if they do an mk dons, and relocate...:D

I find it funny how the Wendy fans are running with the £30m aspect. I know for a fact, because the guy I used to work for is an ex-football club chairman and was offered the club, that the asking price was £10m for the club plus around £8m to pay off MM (I.e. debt) then a pledge of between £3-5m per year for the next 3 years into the club. Overall a £30m deal but not as quoted £30m for the club outright.

I received the sales pack from Saville's and did the due dilligence for the guy before telling him to keep his money where it was and avoid the deal like the plague. Can't go into any more specifics as I signed an NDA but on that basis the numbers didn't stack up as a business proposition. Although I would have quite liked to get financial control of the club and take them under, it would have been good fun.

I know for a fact, because the guy I used to work for is an ex-football club chairman and was offered the club, that the asking price was £10m for the club plus around £8m to pay off MM (I.e. debt)

So that's why - despite the bullshit you hear on RS about 'Meeeeee-lan will only sell to the right kind of investor.' - MM would flog that shower to anybody as long as he got his wedge back.

Not surprising at all.

They do have a habit of stealing our thunder. The prime example I have pointed out many many times already is the Megson sacking announcement. Which if memory serves me right they announced it right after we had won an important mid week league match and RS ended up dedicating at least 3 phone in shows all related to his sacking.

Nothing changes with Look L**ds and RS, so I expect this kind of bullshit now,

To be fair, I thought the Megson sacking was announced the day after they beat us at Hillsborough. Theyw ere alrready in the limelight.

To be fair, I thought the Megson sacking was announced the day after they beat us at Hillsborough. Theyw ere alrready in the limelight.

I'm sure it was just after the match or during. As I turned it on and they were taking calls from Wednesday fans and none from Blades who had been to the match.

Wednesday are reported to be signing romanian forward Sergio Bus , but if they miss him theyll be another along in 10 minutes

I'm sure it was just after the match or during. As I turned it on and they were taking calls from Wednesday fans and none from Blades who had been to the match.
It was during a midweek home game v Scunny. We won 2-1 Quinn and Williamson.

It was during a midweek home game v Scunny. We won 2-1 Quinn and Williamson.

I thought so and I was expecting to hear some Blades fans on FH but it was full of Owls having a breakdown.

SWFC - I don't seem to care much at all about them these days......Now that is an insult.

UTB

I got the info off bm forum...

Wouldnt wipe my bum with it, full of pigs, making themselves look stupid with their bias..

Before u ask, yes I do realise I have created a lot of threads today but trust me, it's the last one for now...

Sheffield Wednesday confirmed their takeover by Ladyboys earlier... But, I deep down think that the deal may have been done a few days ago and intentionally, they chose to announce it a day after our heroics on Wednesday night. Whether we won, lost or draw, we were always going to dominate Yorkshire news on the tabloids and Look North. I bet Manderic turned round and said something like "ooh, Ive got a good idea my friend, why not punish our old enemies by us lot announcing our takeover A DAY AFTER THEIR GAME AGAINST SPURS. Because we never get on the news". COME ON GUYS, youve got to be a bit suspicious on the timing of the announcement. We were hardly mentioned on FH today either. SWFC - I hate em more than Leeds...and that is an insult

Ps- Obviously, I will get a bollocking by some of you lot for starting this thread, but.. Il take it like a grown, mature, Father(man)

i think Sheffield Wednesday Ladyboys is good name for them hope it sticks

I have one tin of John West tuna in the cupboard. It shall be my last. I will find their biggest rivals and eat their tuna exclusively every day.

Apparently the American company they own is called 'Chicken of the Sea', which made me laugh.

What Wendy fail to realise is that almost every team in the top two divisions has had a takeover and has, on the face of it, a 'sugar daddy'. They can't all be winners. The way RS are wetting themselves, you'd think Abramovich and Sheikh Mansour had decided to pack it in at Chelsea and Man. City and invest is the biggest Meccano set in Britain.

Back
Top Bottom