Surely we're due a break???

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

DanOundogg

Tails never fails
Reaction score
Surely we've got to break with this constant bad luck / failures, we've had in past 20 or so years.
I mean how long can we fall at the final hurdle? It HAS to stop at some point.
If things would have been a tiny bit different in't past, just had that bit of good fortune, things gone our way etc. .
We could have been in 4 FA Cup finals, 2 League Cup finals, and spent at least another 5 seasons in Premiership.
Instead we're in 3rd division. Gotta be our time now, an't it?????

Surely we've got to break with this constant bad luck / failures, we've had in past 20 or so years.
If things would have been a tiny bit different in't past, just had that bit of good fortune, things gone our way etc. .
We could have been in 4 FA Cup finals, 2 League Cup finals, and spent at least another 5 seasons in Premiership.
Our weak point at the moment is if something happens to Brayford and / or Basham

Though a CB pairing of Scougal and Holt would be revolutionary

Not saying it's Bad Luck, just for whatever reason, we've never cracked it. Wether it's missing out on a final, not getting that point to stay up or not getting over line in Play-Offs. It has to change at some point done it?

If we end up playing Preston NE in the final, wouldn't they be saying exactly the same?

We'll be playing the MK Dons I would imagine. Can't see us getting anything against Chesterfield. And an MK-Chesterfield final.

Hate to say it (yet-a-fucking-gain) but you invest to succeed.

Anyone tell me that in the past twenty years ... no, let's go further ... forty years ... Sheffield United have ever had a board who has the potency to strategise and build a team capable of getting to and remaining in the Premier League? Let's look at some of our contemporaries:

Swansea City
Watford
Wigan
Burnley
Hull City
Bournemouth (fucking Bournemouth?)
Brentford
Charlton

Amongst others. In teh case of Wigan Athletic, although they have their wheels coming off their van at an alarming rate these days, they acquired promotion to the PL in 2005 and sustained eight years there. Average attendance in their brand new stadium over those years was around 16000, which is what we get these days in Div Three. Whatso for Brentford, Watford and Bournemouth?

It's all very well building, The South Stand, The Tout en Casse Kop, The BL extention and hotel, the new JSS, but out on the pitch its the same old inconsistent 'Fukcinelfuckinellfuckinell!', boot it long to the opposition, ship two daft goals in the second half, go-backwards-down-the-wings. who-was-picking-him-up-then? shit from players who don't really, really belong at Bramall Lane but are there largely by necessity to fill a failing position or somewhere we have failed to replace, then the result is there to see. It's a tragic-comedy that we already know the outcome from.

I think the phrase is 'The Blades Way'.

pommpey

I think weve had that break this season by getting into playoffs. our results have not been great. but other results around us being poor have got us into the playoffs. we are struggling to beat the likes of yeovil orient oldham crewe in our last few games for instance.so maybe this could be our year

I think weve had that break this season by getting into playoffs. our results have not been great. but other results around us being poor have got us into the playoffs. we are struggling to beat the likes of yeovil orient oldham crewe in our last few games for instance.so maybe this could be our year

Good call, my friend.

Fished.jpg

pommpey

Are you McCabe in disguise?

Totally true. It's incredible given the vast bulk of our performances this season that we've snuck into the play offs. Getting the breaks? Luck? Or simply a division where appalling standards have been the norm. Expect reality to return. In the next couple of weeks.

Totally true. It's incredible given the vast bulk of our performances this season that we've snuck into the play offs. Getting the breaks? Luck? Or simply a division where appalling standards have been the norm. Expect reality to return. In the next couple of weeks.

I agree we've been poor but we haven't 'snuck' into the play offs. We've been in 5th position for 2.5 months!

Could you imagine if we did get promoted? Seriously? Let's extrapolate the faithful's belief system now and imagine we are triumphant at Wembley. We scrape through the semis on pens and a ball hits a passing shitewhawk and ricochets into the opposition net and we go up.

Then what? In the Championship with this team?

We'd be bottom from day one and struggle to get past that for the next eight months. Take Bournemouth for example. I now we beat them at Dean Court/Broadsands about two years ago, but this team today against that team now? They would batter us. Even some of the mid-rankers would have a fucking birthday with our makeshift defence and their back fours could all go and mark Murphy (or Done on the bench) and we'd still blank.

pommpey

I agree we've been poor but we haven't 'snuck' into the play offs. We've been in 5th position for 2.5 months!

No. We have sustained a marignal position in the playoffs.

In that 2.5 months we have taken 24 points out of a possible 51.

Fucking ON FIRE, us!

pommpey

Could you imagine if we did get promoted? Seriously? Let's extrapolate the faithful's belief system now and imagine we are triumphant at Wembley. We scrape through the semis on pens and a ball hits a passing shitewhawk and ricochets into the opposition net and we go up.

Then what? In the Championship with this team?

I dare say it wouldn't be the same team Pommps.
It would need a good deal of investment, that's for sure, but I believe that would be forthcoming if we actually managed to get out of this league this season.

Fucking ON FIRE, us!

pommpey
Agree if it wasnt for other results going our way we would probably finished 7th/8th its certainly not our own doing thats gotnus where we are

I dare say it wouldn't be the same team Pommps.
It would need a good deal of investment, that's for sure, but I believe that would be forthcoming if we actually managed to get out of this league this season.

You are indeed an optimist. It's been enough of a struggle to shake the money tree this season to get out of this fucking division. Imagine next season, us ... the lowly fans expecting Sheffield United to compete and sustain a respected position in the league above (where the tempo is definitely higher) and fuck me ... beat that bunch of cunts up at S6?

You can see why they don't want us up, can't you?

pommpey

You are indeed an optimist. It's been enough of a struggle to shake the money tree this season to get out of this fucking division. Imagine next season, us ... the lowly fans expecting Sheffield United to compete and sustain a respected position in the league above (where the tempo is definitely higher) and fuck me ... beat that bunch of cunts up at S6?

Ha! Yes - that's just what I am known for on here Pommps :)

Agree if it wasnt for other results going our way we would probably finished 7th/8th its certainly not our own doing thats gotnus where we are

With respect that's a load of rubbish. We are the 5th best team in the division at this moment in time. If we lose next weekend we will be the 6th best team in the division. Both places are rewarded with a play off place. We haven't snuck into anything, we are guaranteed a play off place with a match to spare. This is because we are the 5th/6th best team in the division.

Whether we have underachieved, of whether or not this is an inconsistent and poor league are different arguments for a different day. We are in the play offs on merit.

Fucking ON FIRE, us!

pommpey

I think the terms we're looking for are 'treading water' or 'flatlining'... Not once in all those weeks have we even looked like showing ambition, cashing in on others' slip-ups, going for auto. Well the stern reality of this total lack of ambition is about to come crowding in.

upload_2015-4-27_10-31-14.png

All this bad luck shizzle becomes a self fullfilling prophecy.

We need to be positive from the off. Just like we were against Hull last year.

Hopefully we will get a result this time though.

With respect that's a load of rubbish. We are the 5th best team in the division at this moment in time. If we lose next weekend we will be the 6th best team in the division. Both places are rewarded with a play off place. We haven't snuck into anything, we are guaranteed a play off place with a match to spare. This is because we are the 5th/6th best team in the division.

Whether we have underachieved, of whether or not this is an inconsistent and poor league are different arguments for a different day. We are in the play offs on merit.
Agree but it would have been the icing on the cake if we had got there under our own steam and not had to rely on rochdale dropping points just that top 3 seem to be a class of there own and just to win our last two matches would have shown we were up for the playoffs

The Palace Play-Off final is the one final I thought we should have won. That ginger twats goal was a complete fluke.

The Palace Play-Off final is the one final I thought we should have won. That ginger twats goal was a complete fluke.

Disagree. I was sat right behind the trajectory of the ball and it was completely intentional. The most boring PO final ever. Sunderland/Charlton the year after was a bit more entertaining...

We cannot work on , we are due a break . The devil is in the detail of preparation , by Clough and his coaching staff . This is the key to success or failure . We are in a game of chess , and we have to outwit our opponent ( who ever it may be ) by being tactically astute . Whether we have the management and players to do it , time will tell . They also have to be hungry and want it , like us fans are . I know its common sense , but thats another factor being missed this season.

UTB

Over the last 20 years players, managers and board members have come and gone. The only constant is the fans. Therefore, I deduce, it must be our fault.

Many a true word spoken in jest.

A private conversation with someone not long ago . We got rid of Bassett , Warnock , Blackwell , Wilson to appease the fans . Its not going to happen this time with Clough .

UTB.

Fucking ON FIRE, us!

pommpey
Reminder to self - don't visit shout box on either play off game.

Back
Top Bottom