SUFC Edging Towards 'Yes' On FL "Reform"

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

McCabe's just thinking it's extra sinking room for us. 'Fifth tier yet still a league club? Count the Blades in! What rotten luck we've had to be here, though...'

In all seriousness, I'd need to be fully informed on how it's going to affect non-league clubs. If it's going to royally fuck a lot of small clubs then I absolutely don't want it. With regards to midweek games, much as I love them, they're not particularly fan-friendly for away supporters. I wonder how many dedicated fans use up the vast majority of their holiday time at work just following their clubs? Less midweek means that'd be freed up for actual holidays, and from a fans perspective, I'd say that was worth considering.

Another non-newsworthy story peddled in the local rag by a lazy "journalist."
That's a tag I use loosely. Rather like the "stories" that JS gets paid for.

"Blades could vote ‘yes’ to controversial Football League proposal...."
"Blades could be forced to pay up Dean Hammond’s contract....."

Yesterday they declared onto us that The PIGS had sold out on their ticket allocation.
Earth shattering news, as though it was a total surprise.

Hopefully the 90% 'yes' requirement means it's unlikely to happen.

There would be a considerable loss of revenue for everybody.

Midweek games aren't a bad thing and it's the same for everybody in any case. Fans like midweek games. More could just be done to avoid long trips for away fans.

I wouldn't mind the Conference officially becoming a 4th Football League division, with the further funding etc it would genuinely add to the depth of English football without actually changing anything. The proposed changes would barely to the depth at all, it would just spread things out more all for the sake of avoiding a few things that aren't even real problems in the current format, like fixture congestion and having to rearrange the odd game.

Whats up with just calling the Vanaramamaama Division 3 already promotion between the divisions , useless cunts .

Don't know why we'd vote yes to this with our luck. Not looked into it in detail but I often have Talksport on in the background and I'm sure I heard in the reshuffle season eight teams would be relegated from League 1 so you know what would happen there :(. Or we'll finally get promotion the season before then in the reshuffle more teams would get relegated from the Championship and we'd finish in the final place.

With regards to midweek matches and slightly o/t, it really annoys me when pundits talk about the FL and always use the "Saturday Tuesday Saturday Tuesday" cliché. It's simply untrue. There's really not that many midweek matches. Think United played 11 midweek league matches out of the 46 last season, and 4 of those were rearranged from their original weekend/bank holiday slots so that's just 7 scheduled midweek league fixtures all season.

Although he doesn't have anything to do with the club anymore, Jim Phipps said that United fans didn't need to ask whether they would vote "no" or not . He seemed pretty scathing of the idea

Only 19 league home games will surely pave the way for a winter break :(

I love going to the games over Xmas :(:(

If it had been introduced this season, we'd have effectively been 15th in League One (or maybe League B), just missing out on relegation!

I for one would miss mid-week matches and I cannot see how we would possibly benefit from these proposed changes. I hope they are treated with the contempt they deserve.

If they want to avoid fixture congestion for all clubs and make life better for fans:-

1) Scrap the JPT - That will free up 1-7 midweeks for lower league clubs.

2) Two Tiers for International Football - So qualifying groups have 4 teams each in them rather than 6.
That will reduce the number of qualifying matches from 10 to 6 and they'll all be competitive matches.
Frees up two International weekends for Premier League and Championship clubs.

3) Scrap International Friendlies in mid-season - That will free up another two International weekends.

4) When arranging fixtures, ensure that clubs/fans don't have to travel more than 50 miles for a midweek league match

Not surprising though is it. Our football club doesn't really know anything about football. No doubt we'll end up with a situation where a few part time board members agree to it while our fans have no say whatsoever.

Might not be the case though - check this out Foxy "The Star understands United could also discuss the idea with representatives of their fan base as the club’s hierarchy attempts to avoid potentially backing a scheme opposed by the majority of its followers." ;)

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foot...ion-on-radical-football-league-plan-1-7929786

Might not be the case though - check this out Foxy "The Star understands United could also discuss the idea with representatives of their fan base as the club’s hierarchy attempts to avoid potentially backing a scheme opposed by the majority of its followers." ;)

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foot...ion-on-radical-football-league-plan-1-7929786

I'd just be concerned about who they'd choose to ask.

In all honesty a simple poll on here would be more effective than anything.

Something as big as this needs every club to get its fans to vote.

How hard would it be to set up a vote? We already have loyalty points numbers at United, let those loyalty points members register to vote and then give the vote...

Fans of lower league clubs are still the lifeblood of those clubs (yes that includes ourselves) and fans of those clubs should be taking a decision, not just the owners that may or may not be around in 5, 10 or 15 years

Another non-newsworthy story peddled in the local rag by a lazy "journalist."
That's a tag I use loosely. Rather like the "stories" that JS gets paid for.

"Blades could vote ‘yes’ to controversial Football League proposal...."
"Blades could be forced to pay up Dean Hammond’s contract....."

Yesterday they declared onto us that The PIGS had sold out on their ticket allocation.
Earth shattering news, as though it was a total surprise.
LYDON after the pigs poxed there way into getting to Wembley ,
I decided to boycott both the stir and bbc sheff , all the Where All Wankers Aren't We shite just gets on my tits .

These Football League proposals (at least in their original form) include plans to put Premier League B teams into the FL set-up.

From this idea alone, you can deduce that the intention behind the rest of whole shake up points to one thing: Further transfer of power and wealth from the bottom end of the league pyramid to the top.
And as previously stated on here, anything that has the approval of a lowlife parasite like Scumdamore is bad for football.

These Football League proposals (at least in their original form) include plans to put Premier League B teams into the FL set-up.

From this idea alone, you can deduce that the intention behind the rest of whole shake up points to one thing: Further transfer of power and wealth from the bottom end of the league pyramid to the top.
And as previously stated on here, anything that has the approval of a lowlife parasite like Scumdamore is bad for football.

It all has a "thin end of the wedge" feel to me. I may have already mentioned that Scudamore can fuck off, but just for shits and giggles I'll mention it again.

The European League isn't that far away.
Next on the agenda. A rehash of yet another futile debate :-

Celtic and Rangers to be allowed to play in the English League(s).

You just know a European League is on its way.

Only 19 league home games will surely pave the way for a winter break :(

I love going to the games over Xmas :(:(

Never understood why they don't have a winter break in January or like Spain and Italy, they play most of their cup games in January too.

Back
Top Bottom