Stuart McCall

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That's why when the Prince joined the board McCabe said it changes everything.

Due to the new investment from the Prince we've been in the top 2 budgets every season in league 1.

There's a lot of detail there; I trust McCall wouldn't invent things but:
Bradford & Rotherham just promoted from Lg 2 had higher budgets than United.
When the Prince bought his share, United's budget went up.

So within football it seems everybody knows everybody elses budget and when they change, very strange.

So it was game changing investment then if our budget was smaller than league 2 Rotherham and Bradford before the prince came on board.

Well, after reading all those articles I can now see why mcabe was buzzing with the investment, we were going nowhere fast without the prince, kmc, was he planning 4th division football while he licked his wounds post Robson??

Who knows, but let's hope we have success so that kev can be bought out, God knows how it'll happen, but it needs to..

So within football it seems everybody knows everybody elses budget and when they change, very strange.

Seeing as United overall wage bill which includes non playing staff was over twelve million quid and neither Rotherham or Bradford has turnover of over £6.5 million and did not run up huge losses around that time, it would seem that he must be talking about new or extra spend rather than overall player wage costs. Bit different but doesn't egg the pudding so much.

Hats off to him. Had the grace to lavish praise on our team and supporters and applauded our fans as we headed off at half time

Just listened to part of his post match interview, what a gent, still loves us. ;)
Have not heard the interview but as far as I am concerned he is a Blades legend. I remember when Warnock signed him at the age of 39 was it? I thought what is he doing the man is well past his sell by date but he went on to be part of that great midfield with Brown and Tonge. What a player, what a gent. I sincerely hope that he gets promotion with Bradford this season behind us.

McCall didn't fancy the 'Transition'/ "5 year plan" which in due course Weir took on ( big budget cuts, use the kids ). We were told all that at the time but not many believed it - no more McCabe cheques, the club had to pay it's own way. Then "lo and behold" along came the prince and it was too late to get McCall but Clough popped up on the scene. All that new money wasted by Clough and Adkins. Wilder is working to a smaller budget than they both had.

McCall didn't fancy the 'Transition'/ "5 year plan" which in due course Weir took on ( big budget cuts, use the kids ). We were told all that at the time but not many believed it - no more McCabe cheques, the club had to pay it's own way. Then "lo and behold" along came the prince and it was too late to get McCall but Clough popped up on the scene. All that new money wasted by Clough and Adkins. Wilder is working to a smaller budget than they both had.

Wow, I mentioned "Transition" and it passed without comment.

IMO that is exactly what McCall is talking about back then.

Any takers?

Bit sceptical that rotherham and Bradford had bigger budgets than us ( although Bradford earned plenty from their
run in the cup to Wembley ) even taking into consideration the drop Mccabe was going to make.We still had some
big wage earners,in any case it's history now.
Stewart must have pumped millions into Rotherham for that to be the case,must be a rich man!! Anyone know how
he earn his money.He also Paid for the building of there new stadium.

Bit sceptical that rotherham and Bradford had bigger budgets than us ( although Bradford earned plenty from their
run in the cup to Wembley ) even taking into consideration the drop Mccabe was going to make.We still had some
Stewart must have pumped millions into Rotherham for that to be the case,must be a rich man!! Anyone know how
he earn his money
.He also Paid for the building of there new stadium.
ASD lighting is his company

Must be a big company to put the kind of money he has at Rotherham.

I found this an interesting read although took it with a pinch of salt at the same time especially when the Sheff Utd bit has conflicting information on it!
I scanned down it from top to bottom looking at the billionaires and millionaires, don't know why but Newport Town's owner made me laugh for about 5 minutes. Don't know why, most of us would do it.

Forgot to put the link in!https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_football_club_owners

he earn his money.He also Paid for the building of there new stadium.

The whole point was not what was on our books that summer but what the budget was for the following summer. Of course certain contracts had to work through but those players had to be replaced by youths or cheap signings.

It may be "history now" but it's exactly why McCall didn't think he could come back and why we couldn't recruit an experienced manager. Not only was there no money to spend but the manager had to slash wages costs. Weir believed he would be given time and then the prince arrived and the ball game changed.

So many on here had their heads in the sand, including Bladesway who battled me for months on this issue.

I wish the prince had not arrived and we would have gotten ourselves a Chris Wilder much earlier in the piece. I've always said that and it is so true.

The whole point was not what was on our books that summer but what the budget was for the following summer. Of course certain contracts had to work through but those players had to be replaced by youths or cheap signings.

It may be "history now" but it's exactly why McCall didn't think he could come back and why we couldn't recruit an experienced manager. Not only was there no money to spend but the manager had to slash wages costs. Weir believed he would be given time and then the prince arrived and the ball game changed.

So many on here had their heads in the sand, including Bladesway who battled me for months on this issue.

I wish the prince had not arrived and we would have gotten ourselves a Chris Wilder much earlier in the piece. I've always said that and it is so true.

Rubbish.

Back
Top Bottom