Strong Spine

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bricktop

Reaction score
Every successful team always have one of the following

1 decent solid goalkeeper
1 big brute at Centre-Half
1 aggressive and nasty little bastard who fights like fuck in the middle of the park
1 Big strong lad up front who can hold the ball up, and bring others in to play.

So who have we got,absolutely fuck all of them.

Agree 100% that the lack of spine is our weakness.

IMO the spine this season was intended to be Howard, Butler, James Wallace and Evans but that didn't quite go to plan did it.

Ironically one of the best spines I have ever seen was Shilton, LLoyd, Gemmill and Withe at Forest. Assembled by Nigel's dad.

Every successful team always have one of the following

1 decent solid goalkeeper
1 big brute at Centre-Half
1 aggressive and nasty little bastard who fights like fuck in the middle of the park
1 Big strong lad up front who can hold the ball up, and bring others in to play.

So who have we got,absolutely fuck all of them.

Can't remember after which game I said this, but in all honestly I could have said this at any point during the last few years.

Now we have got the following

Moore, a decent solid goalkeeper
EEL and O'Connell, two big brutes as centre halves
Fleck, an aggressive and nasty little bastardised who fights like fuck in the middle of the park, but is also a great little football.
We aren't playing with a big strong lad up front at the minute, but that is compensated by having the tireless Done up front.

Since Wilder has come in, we have gone from having a spineless team, to having a team with a very very strong spine to it.

Long may it continue

Back
Top Bottom