Strikers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FriethBlade

Reaction score
Starting to look a bit threadbare up front with Clarke out for a month and Lavery looking like he can't string more than 2 appearances on the trot together. If we get an injury or suspension for Sharp or Done we are in trouble. Any free agents knocking about ?

Wonder if that Jock lad we have might have buried one or two of the chances we have wasted Today?

Concerns me that we miss quite good chances to score.

That ship has sailed but he was definitely a natural finisher. We are definitely short of fit bodies and I have to say for all Wilder spoke of signing players who were robust and capable of playing a full season Lavery was injured when we signed him and seems to have already had 2 or 3 different niggles since he's been here.

I thought Lavery was just unfit?

Even then, the bits I have seen I don't think he is the answer up top. Decent impact player maybe, to run at tiring defenders but it's the genuine lack of threat from Done and Sharp that is the problem. Too easily outmuscled or too slow.
Missing piece needed in January for me.

I like Done he woks hard and constantly chasing the ball down, but his finishing on one on one situations hugely lets him down

The lack of goals from midfield is an added concern. We can't rely on Sharp to get 30 goals for us, we need everyone chipping in. Unfortunately, the rest just don't look capable of scoring. We still have a lack of pace across the team, too many holes in the side to be an automatically promoted side.

Luke let's hope we can get him on a permanent, I think he might be doing too well for us for Wolves to let him go though

Luke let's hope we can get him on a permanent, I think he might be doing too well for us for Wolves to let him go though

Can't see him having a place at wolves with all there foreign money, got no time for young english players

The lack of goals from midfield is an added concern. We can't rely on Sharp to get 30 goals for us, we need everyone chipping in. Unfortunately, the rest just don't look capable of scoring. We still have a lack of pace across the team, too many holes in the side to be an automatically promoted side.

Agree, midfield is not good enough, automatic promotion teams have at least one midfielder hitting double figures. I doubt Basham, Coutts and Fleck will get 5 between them. Duffy will hopefully get a few but can't see him getting 10.

What about that lad adams ...aw shit ..glad we still have england u23 youngster calvert - lew....oh bollocks ..:(

For us to win this league we need a striker who can produce 30+ goals. There is nobody currently on our books capable of doing this.

For us to win this league we need a striker who can produce 30+ goals. There is nobody currently on our books capable of doing this.

Is there anyone available who could fill that role? Free agent? (genuine question)

Our forwards are too easy to defend against. Yes they don't let defenders have time, but as a threat the pair together are easy to deal with in general.
Clarke on his game is what we miss, a bit of pace and power to mix it up. We perhaps lack a bit of guile too....Sharp just doesn't look like a natural finisher at the moment, and might benefit from a spell on the bench to focus his efforts. A concern when that is supposed to be the mainstay of his game.

Done is a grafter, more so than anyone but he is missing chances and it was costly today.

I hope our recruitment man is on his game.

Chapman upfront in an emergency maybe? looks to have a bit of pace and put a good header in against Bristol R.

Maybe this Walsall game being off will give Lavery time to get right and maybe Clarke a bit nearer...sounded like 'one of those days' today...happy to get point in the end.

UTB!

It sounded like we could've really done with a target man today. We dominated, when you're on top like that against a defence dropping deep a lot of crosses will typically go in, and we have no one who can threaten in the air. In games like this in the future I hope Wilder doesn't hesitate to play Clarke.

We also simply lack quality in general up front. I couldn't help but compare our result at Fleetwood with MK Dons' 4-1 win there last week - the three goal difference? Ryan Colclough!

The sooner Lavery gets fit the better. Clarke too. And I'd like to see them together.

Jake Wright has been called back from York. Would imagine he will play some part on Tuesday.

Dare I say it..........................................ofcoarse I fucking do!!!
Bring back Ched!!

Queue the abuse!....

I don't think people realise what a great header that was. It's a huge asset for a winger to be able to score far post headers.

A la Jock Bryson, the best header of a ball of any wide man in my time of watching us. He had a prodigious leap on him and was often head and shoulders above the full back as he steamed in on the back post.

Scunthorpe are dangerous on the wings. Their strikers are average, and Morris has scored as many in the first 11 games as he has in his career prior to that.

They are on form at the moment, but won't maintain it which is why I don't expect them to maintain a run for the top two.
What we need to be able to do is stay in touch, keep the run going and win 5 out of every 7 and finish this squad in January ready for the run in. Get it right and we win the league, its that simple.

Quality striker that ticks all the boxes of Speed, Power and finishing.
Maybe another midfield player to complement what we have.

Said this last week on another thread, but I hope that our goal difference doesn't hurt us come the end of the season

We are 15 goals behind Scunthorpe already

How many has Morris at Scunny scored from mdfield, must be about 10/11. That's what we need, not from one player but a couple getting 5/6 each. Sounded like fleck and Coutts both tried their luck from outside the box today.

How many has Morris at Scunny scored from mdfield, must be about 10/11. That's what we need, not from one player but a couple getting 5/6 each. Sounded like fleck and Coutts both tried their luck from outside the box today.

Scored 11 so far pal

One suggestion from me is Jon Obika. Pace, height, strength and skill. Can score, good provider too. In the last year of his contract. Would be a good option for us.

Back
Top Bottom