Strength, Grit and Experience with a bit of Speed & Flair

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

mattbianco1

Forum Royalty
Reaction score
After being in this league now for too many years to think about, the above is what everybody seems to have now.

We get teams like Bury, Colchester and Shrewsbury coming to the lane with big strong players that get stuck in with strong challenges etc. They all tend to have a good mix of 'Old Heads', Strong Midfielders then a bit of flair. The flair usually comes from premiership youngsters that have either been released by their clubs or are on loan from the prem.

The Shrews had Whitbread, Gerrard and Grandison who all know how to put a challenge in. Black in Midfield controlled the game then they have flair from Cole (ex Man U), Agogo (Ex Arsenal) and KaiKai on loan from palace.

This appears to me to be the balance for most teams in the division. Everybody seems to have fast, strong wingers/strikers.

For us, Done and Adams are fast. Adams is also strong but gets muscled out too much. Sammon and Sharp are too slow. Campbell-Ryce is fast but has no end product.

We need to be knocking on Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea and Man Utd's doors and asking for these players.

Perreira at Man U, Iwobi & Bennacer at Arsenal, Evans & Garcia at Man C etc. These are players sat around doing nothing. There's another highly rated striker at City, think it's Thierry Ambrose but could be wrong.

We need to be knocking on Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea and Man Utd's doors and asking for these players.

Perreira at Man U, Iwobi & Bennacer at Arsenal, Evans & Garcia at Man C etc. These are players sat around doing nothing. There's another highly rated striker at City, think it's Thierry Ambrose but could be wrong.

But what would City, Manyoo and Arsenal etc, gain from loaning bright young prospects to a losing team two divisions down? It wouldn't exactly do the psychological health of their pampered darlings any good, so why would they bother.

I'd be surprised if Charlton, Forrest, DirtyLeeds or even Rotherham wanted to loan us any decent prospect, given our current disarray.

ISC

After being in this league now for too many years to think about, the above is what everybody seems to have now.

We get teams like Bury, Colchester and Shrewsbury coming to the lane with big strong players that get stuck in with strong challenges etc. They all tend to have a good mix of 'Old Heads', Strong Midfielders then a bit of flair. The flair usually comes from premiership youngsters that have either been released by their clubs or are on loan from the prem.

The Shrews had Whitbread, Gerrard and Grandison who all know how to put a challenge in. Black in Midfield controlled the game then they have flair from Cole (ex Man U), Agogo (Ex Arsenal) and KaiKai on loan from palace.

This appears to me to be the balance for most teams in the division. Everybody seems to have fast, strong wingers/strikers.

For us, Done and Adams are fast. Adams is also strong but gets muscled out too much. Sammon and Sharp are too slow. Campbell-Ryce is fast but has no end product.

Or maybe Pochettino at Spurs might have been open to a loan or two considering he thinks we are the bees knees of the lower leagues ?

(maybe Daniel Levy would have scuppered that after the Naughton to Swansea no fee sell on business)

I doubt we would stand a chance of landing him.

Is the Evans at Man City the same one who played central midfield for Walsall on Saturday (and ran the show alongside Sawyers)?

I doubt we would stand a chance of landing [Perreira].
Completely agree.

Actually, does anyone know when Ched's new appeal date is? Maybe we should get him back if he is cleared.

I doubt we would stand a chance of landing him.

Probably not but you get the point i'm trying to make.

Is the Evans at Man City the same one who played central midfield for Walsall on Saturday (and ran the show alongside Sawyers)?

Holy shit, yes! Didn't know he was there. I should be a scout see!

Agree with you MB..Almost every team seems to be organised and have strong mobile players.Usually they have a young player or two they've loaned from a Prem club,or picked up after they've been released...it was no surprise that the lad Kaikai who smashed in the first goal was from Palace on loan.We've seen loads of examples of standouts like these in the past few seasons..Daniel Johnson when he was at Oldham,Louis Thompson for Swindon..Coventry who are top have got Adam Armstrong(Newcastle)and Jacob Murphy(Norwich) doing well,and they picked up Ruben Lameiras from Spurs,mixed in with some experienced players like Vincelot,Johnson and Ricketts...funnily enough,for all the arguments about proper Centre Backs,I think they play Ricketts and Johnson as a Centre Back pairing,although to my mind they're Full Backs by trade.
I think United tend to look at our own academy first,rather than bring in these other young players,who are probably better than our own to be fair,although that's not to say we haven't produced some decent players.

Back
Top Bottom