Stop blaming each other

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hampshire Blade

Hecky Clapper
Reaction score
Watching highlights from the last couple of games. One thing that really snnoys me (apart from the results) is when players make blatant mistakes and then make some gesture to make out so.eone else was to blame. In most lines of work, you'd get far more respect if you held your hands up and acknowledged the mistake. The two which stood out were Collins at Barnsley and Basham against Shrewsbury (clearly let his man run past him for a free header while preferring to try to intercept the cross). If we're going to get through this together, we need a bit more honesty and courage to own up to mistakes, learn from them and move on. Rant over.

Not sure now important this is. In the heat of the moment Collins in particular seems to look around for others to blame.

I imagine this is only a problem if it carries on into the post mortem.

There was a feeling on here that Collins had blamed Edgar for one of Shrewsbury's many goals the other night, and the two would never be seen together again.

I think there are all sorts of really telling bits of body language in matches eg Bob jumping up and down in frustration at a missed chance on the first half - almost comical, Bash hammering/bashing the floor in frustration when he didn't connect with a far post header second half. Baxter's furious celebrations in recent games.

if only he was as good at football as he is at doing that. He's done it at least since he joined us.

Not sure now important this is. In the heat of the moment Collins in particular seems to look around for others to blame.

I imagine this is only a problem if it carries on into the post mortem.

There was a feeling on here that Collins had blamed Edgar for one of Shrewsbury's many goals the other night, and the two would never be seen together again.

I think there are all sorts of really telling bits of body language in matches eg Bob jumping up and down in frustration at a missed chance on the first half - almost comical, Bash hammering/bashing the floor in frustration when he didn't connect with a far post header second half. Baxter's furious celebrations in recent games.
Were Collins and Edgar on the pitch together V Shrewsbury?

All joking apart, several others have mentioned this before and I mentioned Collins having a go at Basham the other week when it was Basham that did the cleaning up.

Ive also seen Che moaning at a ref if he doesn't get a decision going his way.

Thankfully these players are few in our current side, but even one or two can be disruptive especially if we have to defend or we could be taking a quick set piece

All joking apart, several others have mentioned this before and I mentioned Collins having a go at Basham the other week when it was Basham that did the cleaning up.

Ive also seen Che moaning at a ref if he doesn't get a decision going his way.

Thankfully these players are few in our current side, but even one or two can be disruptive especially if we have to defend or we could be taking a quick set piece

A player moaning at the ref? Surely not........

It's one of my biggest pet hates in football. Just get on with the game.

You're right, I totally agree. This is the main area where Rugby is 100% better than Football. But to single Che out over it when everyone else does it?

You're right, I totally agree. This is the main area where Rugby is 100% better than Football. But to single Che out over it when everyone else does it?
As I said, only seen it a couple of times from him, it was just an example rather than singling him out as such

I've not really noticed anyone else doing it. It was certainly one area that Clough was strong and Adkins too

Collins does it all the time, particularly to the younger players. It probably explains why no manager here has ever made him captain, because he seems a proper gobshite on the pitch.

Had to smile to myself when Long bailed him out with his penalty save after a typical clumsy Collins episode, Long is usually the one who gets it worst from Collins. Saw on the highlights that Collins seemed the last to go over to congratulate him.

As I said, only seen it a couple of times from him, it was just an example rather than singling him out as such

I've not really noticed anyone else doing it. It was certainly one area that Clough was strong and Adkins too

That's good to hear, its really annoying. Tho I have reffed games before and it does make you think twice about giving a decision against a player when he is really aggressive towards you. Sad but true.

That's good to hear, its really annoying. Tho I have reffed games before and it does make you think twice about giving a decision against a player when he is really aggressive towards you. Sad but true.
I'd probably turn biased against him and push him to his limit... :)

I'd probably turn biased against him and push him to his limit... :)
I used to have a good go at refs in when I were playing.

It was awkward though because I knew of the bloke who always reffed the games, couldn't stop myself.

I used to have a good go at refs in when I were playing.

It was awkward though because I knew of the bloke who always reffed the games, couldn't stop myself.

hqdefault.jpg
;)

Back
Top Bottom