Steve Evans coming to League One?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The_Green_Man

Slave to the NHS.
Reaction score
This man is one of my real hates in modern day football......His comments regarding both Sheffield teams whilst at Rotherham showed him to be an absolute bell.

Anyway it looks like he is being lined up to be the new Coventry manager by all accounts? Which means that we get the misfortune of having to welcome him to BDTBL and stuff.

Opines....

Attachments

• upload_2016-9-29_12-59-27.jpeg
    upload_2016-9-29_12-59-27.jpeg
    9.6 KB · Views: 7
  • upload_2016-9-29_12-59-37.jpeg
    upload_2016-9-29_12-59-37.jpeg
    9.6 KB · Views: 4

Thought he has opened up a hair salon in Benidorm?
BENIDORM_EP1_068.jpg

To be fair, as someone already convicted on the sort of crimes they are investigating Evans, having done his time, might be a very eligible employee right now.

Here's that fat fuckers next job..........

This man is one of my real hates in modern day football......His comments regarding both Sheffield teams whilst at Rotherham showed him to be an absolute bell.

Anyway it looks like he is being lined up to be the new Coventry manager by all accounts? Which means that we get the misfortune of having to welcome him to BDTBL and stuff.

Opines....

I know I'm probably in the minority here but here goes! Steve Evans. Many see him as annoying, whining, under your skin, cheating (Boston spell) etc but for me his record is decent and he's not won that many promotions and survived relegation with Rotherham without been a decent manager. If I was a Leeds fan (thankfully not!) I would have been extremely miffed in them not offering a contract to Evans and then appointing a man in Monk who is just a suit manager who sounds decent and like he knows what he's doing but his record says otherwise. Garath Southgate is another. who no doubt we'll appoint as the next England manager.

As for Evans personality. Do we want a league full of the same drab managers, saying the same boring cliche's, or do we want to listen to characters and damn good managers who clearly know a bit about football? Warnock's obviously another, although personally, he blotted his copy book when he flirted on more than one occasion with the Pigs job. Evans has actually been very complimentary about United from what I remember. That's what I think anyway.

Wrong forum surely?

I'm just here while a real forum copper arrives.

PCSO 1889 Thornton.

This man is one of my real hates in modern day football......His comments regarding both Sheffield teams whilst at Rotherham showed him to be an absolute bell....

His comment don't bother me one bit.

His pre and post match interview style is virtually identical to Neil Warnock.

Prematch
Tends to be complementary about the opposition.
Tends to exagerrate and doesn't fail to make inferences that he's doing such a great job.
I.e. Wolves are a massive club and their centre forward costs most than our squad put together.
I expect them to be up there going for promotion but we'all give them a game.

Post match when Evans/ Warnocks team win
Again complements the opposition and praises their manager and fans.
I.e. I know we beat them but I've no doubt Wolves will be up there in the promotion places and Jackett is doing a magnificent job.

Post match when Evans/ Warnock team lose
Very dissappointed with the ref but we've has this all season giving decisions to the big clubs.
The pitch was in a bad state and I'm surprised Jackett hasn't tried to improve it.
The time wasting of their players and feigning injuries is the bad side of the game and their manager at the end that they shouldn't need to resort to such tactics BUT when a massive club with a squad costing millions are time wasting and panicking against little Rotherham then we you we must be doing something good.

Evans and Warnock are both passionate, say what they think so aren't boring
But they are both bad losers but some would say being a bad loser makes them good.

Last edited:
Evans has actually been very complimentary about United from what I remember. That's what I think anyway.

Evans has always been complementary towards BOTH Sheffield clubs but as I've said they are often backhanded complements about himself.

E.g.
I have full respect for Sheff Utd, a massive club in league 1 with the biggest budget.
They have a lot of ex PL and Championship players so just being in the same division is a honour for us.
We have less than half their salary budget but we've will give them a good challlenge and I can gaurantee we will compete and put up a goood fight giving 100% effort.

The problem starts once an Evans team loses.
In the post match interview it's just excuse after excuse with little credit given to the opposition.

I would rather have played Cov already than after Evans has taken charge

Shame like, but if we're good enough, hopefully we'll turn em over

It is a shame isn't it. They should just let us decide who we play and when. My list would look something like this:

MK Dons (A)
Millwall (H)
Charlton (A)
Coventry (A)
Walsall (H)

All before November.

Wrong forum surely?

I'm just here while a real forum copper arrives.

PCSO 1889 Thornton.

Good spot by the trainee copper :)

I know it sounds petty but it does annoy me when people post non blades related matters in the General Blades section. It is a very simple rule to follow but some posters just ignore it. The sections made this a more favourable forum than Blades Mad. I really don't want to read about the pigs,fat boy and so on in a Blades section of a forum

If that sounds petty I apologise

Opines....
couldn't resist........Steve Evans,Coventry....I can't work out the reason why ths is in General Blades chat. Surely other sport and football ?

Personally I think anything League One related is fine to be posted in this section.

Good spot by the trainee copper :)

I know it sounds petty but it does annoy me when people post non blades related matters in the General Blades section. It is a very simple rule to follow but some posters just ignore it. The sections made this a more favourable forum than Blades Mad. I really don't want to read about the pigs,fat boy and so on in a Blades section of a forum

If that sounds petty I apologise

No need to apologise, you could well adopt the persona of a Blade masquerading as a literary Ian Paisley, put the fuckers in their place bartman, put the fuckers in their place!

Another one who had his brief moment in the sun, just like Owen Coyle at Burnley and gets found out elsewhere.

I suspose an argument could be made for Adkins being another one of them.

This belong in the united section because it relates to some pretty nobhead like comments that this particular bloke made against us on several different occasions whilst managing our neighbours.

He may now come up against us again which leaves us with a few scores to settle......Which in turn makes it more than relevant to us.

Had it just been "ex Rotherham manager possibly new Coventry manager" with no relation to us what so ever then yeah the forum police would have a valid point.

This belong in the united section because it relates to some pretty nobhead like comments that this particular bloke made against us on several different occasions whilst managing our neighbours.

He may now come up against us again which leaves us with a few scores to settle......Which in turn makes it more than relevant to us.

Had it just been "ex Rotherham manager possibly new Coventry manager" with no relation to us what so ever then yeah the forum police would have a valid point.

No, it doesnt belong in the Blades section. Really, it doesnt but that doesnt stop people doing it these days.

Set the bar low and you are never disappointed.

I know I'm probably in the minority here but here goes! Steve Evans. Many see him as annoying, whining, under your skin, cheating (Boston spell) etc but for me his record is decent and he's not won that many promotions and survived relegation with Rotherham without been a decent manager. If I was a Leeds fan (thankfully not!) I would have been extremely miffed in them not offering a contract to Evans and then appointing a man in Monk who is just a suit manager who sounds decent and like he knows what he's doing but his record says otherwise. Garath Southgate is another. who no doubt we'll appoint as the next England manager.

As for Evans personality. Do we want a league full of the same drab managers, saying the same boring cliche's, or do we want to listen to characters and damn good managers who clearly know a bit about football? Warnock's obviously another, although personally, he blotted his copy book when he flirted on more than one occasion with the Pigs job. Evans has actually been very complimentary about United from what I remember. That's what I think anyway.
Spot on. Knows how to win football matches, other criticisms are just message board fluff.

UTB

No, it doesnt belong in the Blades section. Really, it doesnt but that doesnt stop people doing it these days.

Set the bar low and you are never disappointed.

Coming from the bloke who starts a Football Heaven - Radio Sheffield chat in this section......Dedicated to the likes of Seth Bennett....

Practise what you preach!

Steve Evans was just a 'fat little egotistical prick'. Now he is a 'not as fat as he once was little egotistical prick'. Dislike the man.

Back
Top Bottom