Stefan Scougall- The Resurrection?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Tyler Durden

Well Loved Icon
Reaction score
Been very impressed by him since he came back into the fold.

Came on as sub at Grimsby and proved very hard to deal with.

Played the full 90 mins at Hallam (scored).

Played the day after as sub against Derby and didn't put a foot wrong.

Played and scored twice tonight.

I know the opposition in most of these games haven't been exactly formidable, but you still need to have that energy and application whoever you play against.

The last words I wanted to hear a couple of months ago were "clean slate", but I'm more than glad that he got one. Long may it continue.

I know the opposition in most of these games haven't been exactly formidable, but you still need to have that energy and application whoever you play against.

The last words I wanted to hear a couple of months ago were "clean slate", but I'm more than glad that he got one. Long may it continue.
TD, as I have said before, scoogs from his early days looked a good player playing in a system that suited hjm, Wembley against dull he looked a really good player, up to Wilder to get that player back, who knows in six months we could be turning down bids foe him.

Looked busy tonight. Would like to see him run with it more like he did when he first came here. Like to see some more one twos into box. Far better player when played in forward attacking role.

Singled out for praise by Wilder, but then so was Coutts. Now that would be a resurrection

Singled out for praise by Wilder, but then so was Coutts. Now that would be a resurrection

Coutts was a bit sloppier tonight, but he's done well in the last few.

Interesting how we all see things differently. I only went to Grimsby out of those games and he just looked the usual busy but weak and with no end product to me.

Much more impressed with Brooks in that game as the ball sticks like glue to his foot making him much harder to knock off the ball even though he's similar stature.

Has Scougall played as an attacking midfielder in all the games?

My concern with him further forward is 3 goals in 60 odd games isn't what we need from a front 4 player.

Love to be wrong about him, but along with Coutts I'd still be looking for an exit door for Scougall.

Let's see what he does when the real business begins and people aren't holding back on the physical stuff as they do in pre season games.

This also is another reason that suggests Louis Reed will be odd man out this year.

He needs to go on loan, get regular Football and work on his game. He's either got to improve his defensive side or start to score goals otherwise he's going to become Coutts mark II minus about 6 inches of height.

Presently there is no niche for him.

The front 4 will be chosen from Clarke, Sharp, McNulty, Calvert-Lewin, Adams, Duffy, Done and potentially Brooks and Scougall. The latter can also offer cover for Fleck. Basham and Whiteman are the only ones to offer any physicality.

This is still discounting Coutts and Wallace being available.

To me, a season at Oldham and playing would be better than 15 minutes every fortnight.

Spoke to John Collins ( ex Celtic, r8 player) about him once , and he absolutely raved about him. Said things need to be ' set up' around him but he thinks he's top drawer.

Probably needs a minder next to him which we don't have at the mo. Where's Dennis Waterman when you need him ?

Who else had to play, I am the resurrection, by The Stone Roses, after reading this thread?

I met a Director from Livingstone, while I was on my holiday. We discussed Scoogs and McNulty. He said McNulty was a good lad and he tried to sell Scoogs to Rangers before we came in.

I think in a number 10 role (where physical presence is helpful, but not a necessity) he could be useful player. I think many of us may have forgotten the early promise he showed.

My only concern, is that if rumours are to believed that we are in for Sam Morsy, them a central 3 of him, Scougall and Fleck could be bullied in the air.

While we don't need a team of 6 footers, we do need some height in the team.

Suppose you also backed Adkins' opinion of Hammond then?
Never did. I am always open minded about the players we have just signed and then judge him after a number of games I have seem him play for us. Coutts has very good technique that many dont see. I feel Wilder now thinks Coutts is better than he thought he was when he was appointed as our manager. Give it a few more months. I dont rate McNulty but he played well in the Derby friendly so Wilder may get the best out of him too and prove me wrong

Back
Top Bottom