Stand

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Doesn't make sense in my opinion, unless it was just for the coming season.

Currie, Edwards, Badger, Hockey, Deane, and many other Blades legends will all pass away at some point, and there won't be stands for them all to be named after. Dedicating a small part of the ground to his memory or a statue would be more appropriate

Currie, Edwards, Badger, Hockey, Deane, and many other Blades legends will all pass away at some point, and there won't be stands for them all to be named after. Dedicating a small part of the ground to his memory or a statue would be more appropriate

Along with TC & Jimmy Hagen, the greatest players to have pulled on the red/white shirt. Occasionally and only very rarely players, get called legends that actually are, this is one of those occasions.

Currie, Edwards, Badger, Hockey, Deane, and many other Blades legends will all pass away at some point, and there won't be stands for them all to be named after. Dedicating a small part of the ground to his memory or a statue would be more appropriate.

Cheers Dkc

So have I, there are some players that stand out to different fans some you love some you don't, Alan Woodward was a player you love, if a stand is to much to ask, for a player who gave us some glorious years then I'm left bemused, what has jessi Ennis done for us.

Jess Ennis will also die at some point. I think as long as his family support the idea it should be done. The Jess Ennis stand is laughable. When on a ground tour JG said people lost their jobs in the office that season and then we spent all that money on signage. Get rid

WTF? Who's said what? I don't do Facebook.

It's inevitably a matter of opinion but some of it reads, to my eyes at least, very much like the most important outcome of this is not that the personal and private impact on the family, or the public desire to mourn and celebrate a great player, but an excuse to remove the name of a hate figure (too strong?) from one of the stands.

I'm not saying some of the people who have posted were actually sitting by their computers waiting for this to happen so they could press their case, but if they had been they wouldn't've been much quicker off the mark.

To me there's simply no consideration of what's actually important when something like this happens, just an ugly desire to exploit it.

The naming of the Jessica Ennis Stand might have been ill-considered, and it might be good idea if it was re-considered, but that should be done at a respectful distance in time from the passing of a great player.

It's inevitably a matter of opinion but some of it reads, to my eyes at least, very much like the most important outcome of this is not that the personal and private impact on the family, or the public desire to mourn and celebrate a great player, but an excuse to remove the name of a hate figure (too strong?) from one of the stands.

I'm not saying some of the people who have posted were actually sitting by their computers waiting for this to happen so they could press their case, but if they had been they wouldn't've been much quicker off the mark.

To me there's simply no consideration of what's actually important when something like this happens, just an ugly desire to exploit it.

The naming of the Jessica Ennis Stand might have been ill-considered, and it might be good idea if it was re-considered, but that should be done at a respectful distance in time from the passing of a great player.
Absolutely spot on

I think it's more an coincidental opportunity rather than getting rid of a hate figure (though I do see your thought process). We all believe they were ditching the JE name and face staring down on the kop. So it's as good a time as any for the fans to express who they want if anyone to be recognised as part of the Blades family.

That said the CE idiot and the disrepute he has brought on the name of this club and its legends should not in anyway be associated with what is the most tragic event of the living generations of Blades supporters.

Would sign a petition against our so called local media. OK not checked the Stir tonight but tiny incidental mentions on calender look leeds and RS is so disrespectful of such a legend in Yorkshire sport. Stuff them Woody, we will continue to remember you forever and sing your name when we gather even if those who claim to represent the regions views have forgot you after a few hours.
ALAN WOODWARD FOREVER.

So have I, there are some players that stand out to different fans some you love some you don't, Alan Woodward was a player you love, if a stand is to much to ask, for a player who gave us some glorious years then I'm left bemused, what has jessi Ennis done for us.
In two words then..fuck all.

I don't do Facebook but have suggested in the main woody thread that we should rename the stand. Not because i have anything against jess but simply because if we can have a name on the stand it should be a blades legend not just a famous supporter. And to me Woody is THE blades legend who was not only a great player but was loyal to the club through his whole career.

I don't do Facebook but have suggested in the main woody thread that we should rename the stand. Not because i have anything against jess but simply because if we can have a name on the stand it should be a blades legend not just a famous supporter. And to me Woody is THE blades legend who was not only a great player but was loyal to the club through his whole career.

It was more posts like "Fuck Jessica Ennis" that I was thinking of. Read one of those just now. There are others similar.

(Fwiw I think renaming the stand might well be the right thing to do.)

It was more posts like "Fuck Jessica Ennis" that I was thinking of. Read one of those just now. There are others similar.

(Fwiw I think renaming the stand might well be the right thing to do.)
Got to say, posts like the one you refer to really dont do us any good do they.

Tell me I'm not the only one that feels embarrassed by the recent culture of creating a "petition" to get something done or considered, for me, they seem like an insensitive and ridiculous attempt at feet stamping and attempted guilt tripping to get something that people want, regardless of how well meaning they may be.

Don't get me started on the Facebook/Twitter ramblings and Microsoft Paint jobs.

Tell me I'm not the only one that feels embarrassed by the recent culture of creating a "petition" to get something done or considered, for me, they seem like an insensitive and ridiculous attempt at feet stamping and attempted guilt tripping to get something that people want, regardless of how well meaning they may be.

Don't get me started on the Facebook/Twitter ramblings and Microsoft Paint jobs.
With you on that Foxy but I thought it was an age thing. Before we know it there will be on line petitions to stop clubs signing players......oh, hang on...

Back
Top Bottom