Stadium Tour Before Port Vale (H)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
From the official website (well, almost ;))

13:30 10th February 2016

The Club will be holding one of its popular stadium tours prior to the Sky Bet League One fixture against Port Vale on Saturday 20th February.

It will commence at the Legends of the Lane Museum at 12.50pm, taking in Legends itself followed by a look behind the scenes. Supporters will then go through the players entrance, down the tunnel and out into the technical area and dug outs before taking a seat in the Directors Box for plenty of facts and figures about our famous Bramall Lane.

The tour lasts approximately an hour and you are advised to bring along a camera.

Please note, the nature of the tour is not really suitable for young children and is not a meet the players' event.

The tour will be taken by Club Historian and Liaison Officer John Garrett and tickets are just £6 for adults and £4 for concessions. These can be booked through our ticket office in person or over the telephone on 0114 253 7200 (option 1).

Please book early to ensure disappointment.

Read more at http://www.sufc.co.uk/news/article/20141014-lane-tour-414994.aspx#U3XO9TZ1ge21wvuF.99

The Club will be holding one of its popular stadium tours prior to the Sky Bet League One fixture against Port Vale on Saturday 20th February.

It will commence at the Legends of the Lane Museum at 12.50pm, taking in Legends itself followed by a look behind the scenes. Supporters will then go through the players entrance, down the tunnel and out into the technical area and dug outs before taking a seat in the Directors Box for plenty of facts and figures about our famous Bramall Lane.

The tour lasts approximately an hour and you are advised to bring along a camera.

Please note, the nature of the tour is not really suitable for young children and is not a meet the players' event.

The tour will be taken by Club Historian and Liaison Officer John Garrett and tickets are just £6 for adults and £4 for concessions. These can be booked through our ticket office in person or over the telephone on 0114 253 7200 (option 1).

Read more at http://www.sufc.co.uk/news/article/20141014-lane-tour-414994.aspx#U3XO9TZ1ge21wvuF.99

That actually looks like good value to me. Definitely something I'll be doing!

Did you miss the line off about getting in for free if you bring your boots? :)

UTB

How would you describe it then WH? Genuine question.

Trig Jnr (TY) has booked us on it and I want to be sure we're not being duped :)
No you're not being duped. It is good, but it just isn't a tour.

John Garrett is absolutely brilliant and you learn a lot of the history of the club and the stadium, and football in general in the area, but you don't get to see much. You start in the Legends Of The Lane, walk through the players entrance and out of the tunnel then into the directors box, and that's it.

Not what I would call a tour (although there probably isn't much more to see in fairness) but still very interesting.

Fair play to WHF for posting the info/link, fair play to JG for organising.
Can't think of a valid reason for criticising either the OP or SUFC.
Some Blades' will find it interesting and appealing, let 'em enjoy.

Hmmm, I'll be going to this game and have never really been "behind the scenes" at the Lane, but it will take a huge bite out of valuable supping time. I'd definitely do it if you got a peek in the dressing room, the manager's office etc. It's probably worth six quid just to walk up the tunnel, then bugger off to the pub.

Though I haven't been in these sacred places, I have been in the press box overhanging the South Stand and also the camera gantry right on top of the South Stand. There's a ladder up from the press box, then a narrow wooden walkway leading right to the edge of the stand, where a single TV cameraman sits when the game is televised. It might even be controlled remotely these days. There's also a camera gantry on the kop roof, god knows how they get up there.

Thanks WHF, I debated posting it when I got the info but didn't want to risk attack. Got some on twitter and that was enough! Although I do some work with the club, me and the other 3 who do it are fans above all else and we get just as disheartened as anyone else in the ground. I do enjoy listening to the history of the club though, probably chunks I could reel off by heart at this point!

On a weekday afternoon in May 1982 I got in the South Stand unnoticed and climbed up the stairs to the roof, walked on the roof and got to the edge, looked down at the pitch. I got back down and went out of the stand unnoticed. Wouldnt happen nowadays!

On a weekday afternoon in May 1982 I got in the South Stand unnoticed and climbed up the stairs to the roof, walked on the roof and got to the edge, looked down at the pitch. I got back down and went out of the stand unnoticed. Wouldnt happen nowadays!

In the summer of 1994 I let myself into the South Stand concourse to see what the Bramall Lane Lower redevelopment was looking like. I could have gone anywhere, but all I dared do was buy a choccy bar from the vending machines in the concourse (weren't they short lived?), and sit and watch the building work for a bit.

Danger is my middle name.

Whilst the history tour may be interesting I cannot think of a worst time to take it. 1 league title , 4 FA cup wins and 2 defeats no final since 1936 (apart from play off final defeats). We are now in the worst period in our history and the past glories would only emphasise that and make the present even more depressing.

I did the tour. It's the first time I went on the playing side for a long time. Being as I rarely get to the Lane from my exile I was absolutely astounded how it looks when you go out of the players tunnel. Moreso astounded as to how some of these Lilly livered fuckwits can't be inspired by the same experience and give it a go on the pitch.

I did the tour. It's the first time I went on the playing side for a long time. Being as I rarely get to the Lane from my exile I was absolutely astounded how it looks when you go out of the players tunnel. Moreso astounded as to how some of these Lilly livered fuckwits can't be inspired by the same experience and give it a go on the pitch.

Because those twats take it for granted.

Went on one of these last year and took along my uncle who was visiting from derry.

Both him and I really enjoyed it and Jon Garrett is a good bloke!!

Shame the match was dire though. A 1-0 loss to Barnsley.

Reactions: Dkc
Hmmm, I'll be going to this game and have never really been "behind the scenes" at the Lane, but it will take a huge bite out of valuable supping time. I'd definitely do it if you got a peek in the dressing room, the manager's office etc. It's probably worth six quid just to walk up the tunnel, then bugger off to the pub.

Though I haven't been in these sacred places, I have been in the press box overhanging the South Stand and also the camera gantry right on top of the South Stand. There's a ladder up from the press box, then a narrow wooden walkway leading right to the edge of the stand, where a single TV cameraman sits when the game is televised. It might even be controlled remotely these days. There's also a camera gantry on the kop roof, god knows how they get up there.

If I remember correctly, going back to the Copenhagen years, you came over, played for the Internet Blades in the morning, then left before the game, so never saw the match in the afternoon.

I suggest that might be a good strategy these days, substituting the tour for the IB game :)

Reactions: Dkc

Because those twats take it for granted.

Well, it might sink fully home when they are playing at the Arsewipe Stadium next year for Ballbag Athletic in the Lillets Third Division, rain driving at 30 degrees across the muddy pitch in their faces and a crowd of 16 singing,

"Can you fuck off every week?
Can you fuck off every week?"

Good luck to them.

pommpey

Back
Top Bottom