Spurs Fan In Peace.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Lister

Reaction score
Hi Blades fans,

I've been reading some of the comments regarding the upcoming semi final with yourselves, and like most of you, I think they are way off the mark.and disrespectful.
You have got this far against the odds and deserve the right to be in the semi final. and I for one won't be taking this tie for granted.
Yes, it was the best draw for us, but that is because of the calibre of the other two left in it.

I think it's great what you have done in the cups and anyone who hates West Ham as much as we do deserves respect.
I loved it when you dumped them out of the cup.

Of course we should win over the two legs as we have assembled a very expensive squad and are littered with internationals.
But this is the cup and, as you have already proved, anything can happen.
I just hope our players don't have the same attitude as some fans and think we are already at Wembley, because we would get a surprise or two.

I will hopefully be at both games and look forward to our trip up there, I hope it's more successful than the last time I visited as we got humped 6-0 and I missed the last train home.

We don't all think this is a gimme, and you deserve more respect.

Good luck for the rest of the season, ( apart from the semi-final obviously ).

Thanks,

My feeling is that we will get a mullering at White Hart lane and the second leg wil be a bit of a pointless affair.

I'd have rather played at home first, and either sneaked a win or got a draw leaving you to try and get a result in front of a restless WHL crowd.

Thanks,

My feeling is that we will get a mullering at White Hart lane and the second leg wil be a bit of a pointless affair.

I'd have rather played at home first, and either sneaked a win or got a draw leaving you to try and get a result in front of a restless WHL crowd.

Our form this season has been up and down so I wouldn't be so sure, we have been poor on occasions at home and are still trying to adapt under the new manager.
The QF against Newcastle was probably our best performance of the season and that is probably why some of our fans are over confident.
You've proved that you can go to a premier league side and get a result so the same confidence should be taken into this game.
I'm very weary of any over confidence from the players, as that would be our biggest mistake.

I'm hoping for a Walker own goal (in front of the Kop, at the original 'Lane') to give us the win! ;)

We are Bladesmen, super Bladesmen from the Lane....

It's amazing that the element of surprise is still our best weapon in these cup games, you'd think someone would've caught on by now.

It should be comfortable for Spurs. I showed up at the real Lane for Fulham in the FA Cup and Southampton this week being more than satisfied with our achievements in the respective cups up to that point, and having a relaxed attitude about an inevitable defeat. I just went to enjoy the game. I'll definitely be going to the second leg with the same attitude (granted the tie could easily be over as a contest!).

Hi Blades fans,

I've been reading some of the comments regarding the upcoming semi final with yourselves, and like most of you, I think they are way off the mark.and disrespectful.
You have got this far against the odds and deserve the right to be in the semi final. and I for one won't be taking this tie for granted.
Yes, it was the best draw for us, but that is because of the calibre of the other two left in it.

I think it's great what you have done in the cups and anyone who hates West Ham as much as we do deserves respect.
I loved it when you dumped them out of the cup.

Of course we should win over the two legs as we have assembled a very expensive squad and are littered with internationals.
But this is the cup and, as you have already proved, anything can happen.
I just hope our players don't have the same attitude as some fans and think we are already at Wembley, because we would get a surprise or two.

I will hopefully be at both games and look forward to our trip up there, I hope it's more successful than the last time I visited as we got humped 6-0 and I missed the last train home.

We don't all think this is a gimme, and you deserve more respect.

Good luck for the rest of the season, ( apart from the semi-final obviously ).

Aye should be two good matches.

Last time Spurs were at Bramall Lane it was 2-1 to us (i think) and Jagielka put in the winning goal from the spot. :)

Aye should be two good matches.

Last time Spurs were at Bramall Lane it was 2-1 to us (i think) and Jagielka put in the winning goal from the spot. :)

Yep 10/2/07 - Hulse got the other.

We have a good recent record against Spurs at home. We have won 3 and drawn 3 of their last 6 visits in the league (though they did win 2-0 in the League Cup in 90-91).

Regarding tickets, it is yet to be confirmed but id imagine it will be the same for both fixtures for away fans, roughly 4-5k.

Walker score an own goal in front of the kop in a two legged semi final. When would that ever happen?

:D :D :D :D

_52658345_forest_playoffs_03.jpg

Yep 10/2/07 - Hulse got the other.

We have a good recent record against Spurs at home. We have won 3 and drawn 3 of their last 6 visits in the league (though they did win 2-0 in the League Cup in 90-91).

Recent ? I can't imagine that we've been to Bramell lane more than twice in the past 20 years?
I'd forget anything about past history or stats, things have changed a fair bit.
I'd be more worried about a one off fixture at your place but the fact that it is over the two legs definitely is in our favour.
I am expecting a fairly hostile atmosphere for the away leg, but this should not be a problem as we've been to some ridiculously hostile places in the Europa League.

There are two different Blades XIs. The one that plays in the League sends everyone to sleep for the first 45 minutes, lets in a goal and then spends the last quarter of the game pummelling their opponents. The Cup side begins the pummelling earlier.

We need not to get hammered at White Hart Lane so that the atmosphere can suck a goal or two in as it did on Tuesday and against Forest and Charlton last season. If there's only a goal or so in it we are in with a decent chance. The man who scares me is Harry Kane; he seems to score every week so a sending off for him in early January and a three match ban covering both legs would do very nicely.

In all honesty I agree that we should do better than Newcastle. We don't have Coloccini in defence and hopefully won't need to play our second reserve goalkeeper either, nor are we as flakey a squad as the Toon. It sounds like a ridiculous thing to say and I am embarrassed to say it but the Blades demonstrate the virtues of traditional British football whilst some players from more sheltered backgrounds don't always fancy it. Southampton's certainly didn't. United were the better side on the ball but we had to win it first, and did so by getting stuck in. If Tottenham have any Fancy Dans in the squad you'd do best to leave them behind at BDTBL and play some ball-winners instead. Dave Mackay, for example.

Recent ? I can't imagine that we've been to Bramell lane more than twice in the past 20 years?
I'd forget anything about past history or stats, things have changed a fair bit.
I'd be more worried about a one off fixture at your place but the fact that it is over the two legs definitely is in our favour.
I am expecting a fairly hostile atmosphere for the away leg, but this should not be a problem as we've been to some ridiculously hostile places in the Europa League.

Here's my take on the Spurs game.

You won't have played anyone like us - you are used to Premier leagues teams - we play totally different in cup games. We will see whether Spurs have the ability to break down 9 outfield players within a 30-40 yard stretch of pitch.

Spurs like to play though people - very difficult how we set up for cup games.

Soton had 67% of possession and we SHOULD have won the game 2 or 3 nil, not 1-0 - we break with pace.

The whole key to the Semi Final is the first 45 minutes at WHL - if it's 0-0 at HT you will panic and at that point would settle for even a 1 nil, which would give us a great chance. I remember the last time we played at WHL - early in our last Prem season - we got absolutely stuffed 2 nil - think it will be different this time.

If we manage to beg/steal borrow a draw at WHL you will be in trouble - as we WON'T play any different at our place - you can have the ball as much as you like in your half and rake up 60+% possession - our "cup" teams are disciplined.

You scouts will learn nothing from league games - we play totally different in the cup.

Get ready to rumble - if you give us 4,200 tickets you will regret it, as we are very very loud away from home, and as we are 20-1 outsiders, we have absolutely nothing to lose.

Me and my nipper will be coming to the smoke to see this one and just hope there is nothing controversial - just a good game of football.

All the best Mr Spurs fan.

UTB.

There are two different Blades XIs. The one that plays in the League sends everyone to sleep for the first 45 minutes, lets in a goal and then spends the last quarter of the game pummelling their opponents. The Cup side begins the pummelling earlier.

We need not to get hammered at White Hart Lane so that the atmosphere can suck a goal or two in as it did on Tuesday and against Forest and Charlton last season. If there's only a goal or so in it we are in with a decent chance. The man who scares me is Harry Kane; he seems to score every week so a sending off for him in early January and a three match ban covering both legs would do very nicely.

In all honesty I agree that we should do better than Newcastle. We don't have Coloccini in defence and hopefully won't need to play our second reserve goalkeeper either, nor are we as flakey a squad as the Toon. It sounds like a ridiculous thing to say and I am embarrassed to say it but the Blades demonstrate the virtues of traditional British football whilst some players from more sheltered backgrounds don't always fancy it. Southampton's certainly didn't. United were the better side on the ball but we had to win it first, and did so by getting stuck in. If Tottenham have any Fancy Dans in the squad you'd do best to leave them behind at BDTBL and play some ball-winners instead. Dave Mackay, for example.

Dave Mackay?? now we're talking.

I agree about the fancy Dans, and we certainly have one or two.
The way to approach this would be to go all out attack at WHL and go for a 3 goal lead. Not saying that will happen, but that is the way we should approach it.
I would certainly be concerned if it was a 2-1 lead or less.
I think you will fair better than Newcastle, but we did dominate them and stopped them getting involved. I have also seen us been outplayed at home by Palace, West Brom and Stoke.

Here's my take on the Spurs game.

You won't have played anyone like us - you are used to Premier leagues teams - we play totally different in cup games. We will see whether Spurs have the ability to break down 9 outfield players within a 30-40 yard stretch of pitch.

Spurs like to play though people - very difficult how we set up for cup games.

Soton had 67% of possession and we SHOULD have won the game 2 or 3 nil, not 1-0 - we break with pace.

The whole key to the Semi Final is the first 45 minutes at WHL - if it's 0-0 at HT you will panic and at that point would settle for even a 1 nil, which would give us a great chance. I remember the last time we played at WHL - early in our last Prem season - we got absolutely stuffed 2 nil - think it will be different this time.

If we manage to beg/steal borrow a draw at WHL you will be in trouble - as we WON'T play any different at our place - you can have the ball as much as you like in your half and rake up 60+% possession - our "cup" teams are disciplined.

You scouts will learn nothing from league games - we play totally different in the cup.

Get ready to rumble - if you give us 4,200 tickets you will regret it, as we are very very loud away from home, and as we are 20-1 outsiders, we have absolutely nothing to lose.

Me and my nipper will be coming to the smoke to see this one and just hope there is nothing controversial - just a good game of football.

All the best Mr Spurs fan.

UTB.

Fair assessment.
Your crowd certainly won't affect us as we've had some real hostile crowds to deal with in the past few seasons.

We have started to unlock stubborn defences of late, which is something we have badly suffered from recently. Eriksen and Kane are linking up well and will be the ones to watch.
Enjoy your evening down here but not too much.

We have long memories :) The games in question are:

2/1/78 D2-2
27/11/90 L0-2 (LC)
20/4/91 D2-2
14/4/92 W2-0
2/3/93 W6-0
11/9/93 D2-2
10/2/07 W2-1

Spurs like 2-2 draws at the Lane :)

2/1/78 D2-2
27/11/90 L0-2 (LC)
20/4/91 D2-2
14/4/92 W2-0
2/3/93 W6-0
11/9/93 D2-2
10/2/07 W2-1

I'd take a 2-2 draw this time round as long as we won the home fixture.

These were when we were both in the same league, do any of you think that could happen again?? Sheffield id a big city to not have a team in the top flight.

These were when we were both in the same league, do any of you think that could happen again?? Sheffield id a big city to not have a team in the top flight.

Indeed. Fun fact. Sheffield has only had a team in the top flight for one season since 2000. Us in 06-07. Even more fun fact. the 15 seasons Wednesday have now spent out of the top division is a record for either Sheffield club, beating our 14 years (1976-90) and their 14 years (1970-84).

We could meet next season.

Not in the Premier League obviously, and not very likely, but it could happen. In fact the 2/1/78 draw was in the old Division 2.

We could meet next season.

Not in the Premier League obviously, and not very likely, but it could happen. In fact the 2/1/78 draw was in the old Division 2.

Christ, we haven't had the best of starts but I wouldn't even think of that.. We are not West Ham you know... boing boing boing.

Spurs are a strange beast. Post-Bale they seem to have far too many flaky individuals and not enough team players. But obviously it should be straight forward for them in this tie regardless.

Like everyone else I'm just hoping we still have a game on for the second leg.

2/1/78 D2-2
27/11/90 L0-2 (LC)
20/4/91 D2-2
14/4/92 W2-0
2/3/93 W6-0
11/9/93 D2-2
10/2/07 W2-1

Yes, another way of putting this is Spurs have only won at the (proper) Lane once in 37 years but that was in the League Cup.

We've only won once at WHL (23 years ago) for the corresponding 6 league fixtures there. Our record is 1 win, 1 draw, 4 losses. The losses were all by at least a 2 goal margin.

Obviously, there would be high odds for us coming away with either a draw or win from the first leg.

I just hope we have something to play for in the second leg but I'm looking forward to it.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom