Spendings and Investment

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

robbiez666

Reaction score
As we know, Wilder will be operating with a restricted budget.

However, I hope Kev understands the difference between spending and investment.

If we spend say £300k on a young up and coming player, it's highly likely that at some stage we'll make a profit from selling him. For years we've bought players on the downward slide, and therefore we can't generate any income from them when they leave.

We need to be investing in younger players. If we do it well, then we'll never lose money from doing so.

If we spend say £300k on a young up and coming player, it's highly likely that at some stage we'll make a profit from selling him. For years we've bought players on the downward slide, and therefore we can't generate any income from them when they leave.

We need to be investing in younger players. If we do it well, then we'll never lose money from doing so.

I think that's what clubs were thinking when they signed Mellis, Slew, Maguire, Naughton etc. No guarantees when signing younger players, just like experienced players. I'd settle for a couple of signings like McCall, Mcgrath, Speed alongside some promising talent. It's all a gamble, relying on recruitment done with due diligence. Hopefully Tufty and the Suit know what will work.

Think the first principle is investing in players that can get us promotion . Selling Young and up and coming players on for a profit is deemed to be suicidal or good business acumen.

Promotion is the most important target and getting players whatever age , colour , height , to achieve it. We've fucked about with wrong priorities too long.

• Banned
Think the first principle is investing in players that can get us promotion . Selling Young and up and coming players on for a profit is deemed to be suicidal or good business acumen.

Promotion is the most important target and getting players whatever age , colour , height , to achieve it. We've fucked about with wrong priorities too long.

I think it's a mix. You bring experience and free players in to help you get up but you also bring a few young talented players in as well. We need pace and enthusiasm. Two things sadly lacking last season. We also need a player or two who can change games. We can't just completely build a side to get out of this league and then do the same again when we're promoted as you can't really do that from scratch in the Championship. We need a certain number of players who can kick on.

The more I hear restricted budget, the angrier I'm getting with it.

Make the money available, just spend it wisely and not foolishly like tend to do.

That's what gets you promotion. I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned far more than it has.

Really is piss poor ownership.

Stating the obvious I'd say. "Kev" has said all that.

And by the way "restricted budget" for us is plenty enough in this league.

Back
Top Bottom