Somthing the blades have never tried

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ray

Reaction score
We seem to keep repeating history - we've tried every sort of manager - ex players, experienced, blades, but we have never got a modern foreign coach in with different contacts and ideas. Don't know why not ? Maybe we should explore this avenue when Wilder goes the same way as many before him.before him

We seem to keep repeating history - we've tried every sort of manager - ex players, experienced, blades, but we have never got a modern foreign coach in with different contacts and ideas. Don't know why not ? Maybe we should explore this avenue when Wilder goes the same way as many before him.before him
No

No just someone with fresh ideas I suppose - we've tried everything else so why not

Someone at work has suggested this also. Forget the Bladey bladeness, bring someone in that doesn't know our history, not tied down with all the guff, he can bring in players from far and wide that come to play football even if it's just to further their career. Dare I say it, a little bit of what's good for the tuna team

Reactions: Ray
I fancy a USA football coach next, their football is very direct, and they play the long ball...........:)

I said modern foreign coach - who had heard of Middlesbrough coach or some of Watford before they took their jobs- we can't just keep having ex players or merry go round mangers it doesn't work for us- clough was a good manager so was Bruce but somthing is obviously wrong at the club they can't all have failed for no reason - maybe a change to somthing new and different would do it - what have we got to loose ?

Someone at work has suggested this also. Forget the Bladey bladeness, bring someone in that doesn't know our history, not tied down with all the guff, he can bring in players from far and wide that come to play football even if it's just to further their career. Dare I say it, a little bit of what's good for the tuna team
Don't think any manager is tied down by our history. It's purely and simply the weight of expectation and sheer desperation that we need to get promotion. The longer it goes on the worse it gets. Managers, systems, formations etc doesn't come in to it. We've chucked money at it and tightened the purse strings. What we need most is patience but it's so bloody difficult

Let's try a experienced Manager at this level like that Danny Wils...ohh errr...

Or maybe, a fresh faced, good pedigree of the modern day coach like that David Weieeerh...

No wait, I have got it! Youngish but experienced Manager, with royal blood in football world. Yes! Nigel Clougherrrm...

OK. Nailed it this time. Lovely fella, with promotions out of this league on the CV. Come on down Nigel Adkins...

manuel from barcelona?

The language barrier.

"I know I said differently before, but there isn't actually any money"

Isn't found in many language phrase books.

Brayford, Hammond, Billy, Sammon etc. All extortionate fees/wages/both for league 1 standards and there just the ones off the top of my head

All paid for by selling the best players we had for ever.

Don't think any manager is tied down by our history. It's purely and simply the weight of expectation and sheer desperation that we need to get promotion. The longer it goes on the worse it gets. Managers, systems, formations etc doesn't come in to it. We've chucked money at it and tightened the purse strings. What we need most is patience but it's so bloody difficult
Maybe foreign managers are used to the expecations , they're used to getting fired every year :)

All paid for by selling the best players we had for ever.
Think with wages and pay offs it will have been a lot more than that...... But agree that we wouldn't be in this league if we had kept even 2/3 of the decent players we have sold since we have been down here. Every player at every club has a value but my one niggle is that ours is usually the first, at a push the second offer we receive. 1.7-1.9 for Che would normally represent good business ..... But not in today's inflated market

Maybe foreign managers are used to the expecations , they're used to getting fired every year :)
On that basis they're should be a queue half way around Bramall Lane. Wilder out, Julio Geordio in

Back
Top Bottom