So who's going ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SandyMcBlade

Bennyandtheblades
Reaction score
The squad must now be up around the 40 mark and there's still talk about more on the way, don't get me wrong I'm fully in favor of what's happened so far but no way can the club carry on like this with out shedding a few players.
We have had a lot of media again with our cup run and last year that cost us Harry so I don't doubt there could well be some bigger clubs that have their eye on one or two of our players again and even if we could hold on to them all the sheer size of the squad says some will surly have to go....
So who's going ?

I'd get rid of;

McGinn (not good enough)
Davies (better options)
Higdon ( (too slow, doesn't fit into a Clough team)
Baxter (too slow, doesn't fit into a Clough team)
Alcock (better options)

UTB

I'd get rid of;

McGinn (not good enough)
Davies (better options)
Higdon ( (too slow, doesn't fit into a Clough team)
Baxter (too slow, doesn't fit into a Clough team)
Alcock (better options)

UTB

Agree with most however now Porter has gone losing Higdon would be a step back unless we are going to sign at least one other forward.

A lot of our team are young so maybe loans rather than selling them would be my outlet. Easier to get them out on loan than to sell them as well.

Think the big cull will be the summer where 10+ could be shown the door.

Agree with most however now Porter has gone losing Higdon would be a step back unless we are going to sign at least one other forward.

A lot of our team are young so maybe loans rather than selling them would be my outlet. Easier to get them out on loan than to sell them as well.

If we had not just got the 3 players in the JTW this week , and all fans being on a high , they would be some saying the 10+ Mr Clough had brought in now to go.

I'd keep Higdon if we had any intention of playing a real 442, and in the absence of us signing more strikers (which I think we probably will).

UTB

If NC goes 4-4-2 you ideally need 3 strikers, I doubt he will though I assume with the coutts signing its 4-5-1 and he wants CoG as his front man.
I suspect Clough already thinks he's gone 442, but its not the 442 I have in mind.

UTB

McGinn (decent squad player but we've a big squad) and Collins. Then loan out the likes of dimaio and Khan, maybe even one of the Ilkeston pair.

Suggesting selling Baxter's laughable.
Can't understand the problem people have with Baxter. Quality throughout

Can't understand the problem people have with Baxter. Quality throughout
Hes technically our best player and has ability others can't get anywhere near. Some of his touches and passing are unbelievable but because he can't skin a man he gets stick. Whether it's upront, holding, outwide or preferably behind a striker he looks like doing something. His class was clear against Spurs, played some of our best attacking football when he came on.

McGinn (decent squad player but we've a big squad) and Collins. Then loan out the likes of dimaio and Khan, maybe even one of the Ilkeston pair.

Suggesting selling Baxter's laughable.

Agreed regarding baxter...

But hey, we need another scapegoat now don't we?

I was wondering how he escaped the list too.

The fact no one has taken Collins on loan suggests something is very awry in his world.

Collins will be on a good wage, might see his contract out because he won't get that money again, last season you couldn't have a pop at him without clough defending him, look how things change eh'

Collins will be on a good wage, might see his contract out because he won't get that money again, last season you couldn't have a pop at him without clough defending him, look how things change eh'

True, but surely we'd not expect a small club to pay his full wage, and he should be playing football somewhere. If he thinks he's fighting his way back into our plans then I admire his optimism more than his football.

I was wondering how he escaped the list too.

The fact no one has taken Collins on loan suggests something is very awry in his world.

He refused to go out on loan didn't he and said he wants to fight for his place back in the team.

Back
Top Bottom