So where are we now?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Going up

Reaction score
Personally, I believe that Nigel has had to deal with the unexpected and some complications, that have forced him to chop and change the squad more than even he would have wanted.

Certainly, I'm sure that he didn't expect some of our top performers to be mis-firing at the start of the season. The likes of Scougs, Flynn, Harris and so on.

He may of expected it would be hard to get Brayford and he may have expected some bids for HM. However, he probably hoped that HM saw what was happening at SU and would likely feel confident that he would stick it out for another year.

On top of that, I'm sure that Wallace would have been an automatic choice in the first team. His niggles have scuppered that.

That added the conundrum of whether to play the best 11 players, even if out of position, the 11 that are firing at the moment, or some second 11, in the right positions. (Perhaps, another new thread?) I believe even the most knowledgeable struggle with this.

Consequently, I would like to know where you think we are.

Basham, McGahey, Paddy, McEverly, Harris, Alcock, Collins, Kennedy etc. Who is our best back four?

I know the question was asked recently, now Terry is back and Basham tried successfully, so things have developed further.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom