So the Forest job just come available...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ThatJa

Bigger Blade than United's Arab Emirate
Reaction score
Could they tempt our Nigel?

Surely he will feel the family have unfinished business there...?

Always understood the allegiance is more with Derby than Forest

I agree, his unfinished business is with Derby. I don't think there's any chance of him wanting to go to Forest.

I know you are known for getting things badly wrong but I am really curious as to why you think Clough has unfinished family business at Forest ?

I was thinking that too. The only major competition a Clough never won while with Forest was the FA Cup right? Wouldn't really class that as unfinished business.

Could they tempt our Nigel?

Surely he will feel the family have unfinished business there...?

Hopefully not, but its an intriguing one. I would understand him entertaining the idea for taking the job if it came up, they are a better
prospect that us atm. But I would be pretty annoyed if he did go. Seems like a poisoned chalice Forest.

Yes, probably. However he had the hump with the way everything ended at Forest, so I don't think it will ever happen.

I don't think Cloughie talks much about his playing career but he spent by far the most time with Forest.

He is in fact the second highest goalscorer for Forest in their entire history !

Forest has to be close to his heart but I also doubt he'd be interested in working in the current managerial set-up down there.

He likes a long-term project but to be left alone with his choice of staff to do the job.

I don't think he'll leave the Lane so early in the project.

I'm pretty sure that brayford freeman couts "etc" would have asked nige about his plans, there's no way they'd have signed knowing clough could leave for forest, forest were sacking peirce after the derby county game, he won that and they had to wait till he slipped up again, if we could see it coming, the profeesionals would have known all about it..

Clough doesnt need the money anyway, or the hassle...

I don't see how Forest's post war record goal scorer, whose father won a league title, 4 league cups and 2 European Cups would have unfinished business at the City Ground? Could his family have done any more for that club?

I would point out a certain Stuart Gray accross town was at forest 80 to 83

Grey has turned SWFC around on a tight budget , and who knows what changes the new owners will want . Think you are bang on Stuart Gray . Mr Clough is building something at the lane , and does not seem the type of bloke , to walk away from a job , he actually might be enjoying.

UTB

I'm pretty sure that brayford freeman couts "etc" would have asked nige about his plans, there's no way they'd have signed knowing clough could leave for forest, forest were sacking peirce after the derby county game, he won that and they had to wait till he slipped up again, if we could see it coming, the profeesionals would have known all about it..

Clough doesnt need the money anyway, or the hassle...

No , he gets enough hassle from some of us . Good job things are going well at the mo.

UTD

I would point out a certain Stuart Gray accross town was at forest 80 to 83

Yeah but there is no bigger club in the world than the massives.

As for the OP, we can worry about that if an approach is made, tell them to do one and get on with business as usual.

to be honest if youve just sacked the clubs biggest ever hero , perhaps an ex player might not look so appealing

dont remember us wanting another mickey adams

Back
Top Bottom