Snow given for Wednesday

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Maybe if we're playing it at Ringinglow, or up Mam Tor. BBC forecast for Sheffield is for snow from 9:00 pm for Woodseats, which is of course the best bit. :D

Our foreign legion were in extra training to try & find Sheffield on a map.
I seem to remember a visit to a snowy Nottingham a few years back that didn't go well.....

Our foreign legion were in extra training to try & find Sheffield on a map.

Sounds like a doomed mission for your lot. I hope you're bringing all your big guns and you've trained in a rutted farm field this week. we don't want you making excuses like Van Gaal did at Cambridge

Cant be worse than this. P.S, i was there!

Funnily enough I've just driven past Bramall Lane and seen them delivering truck loads of '1970's' mud....

Will those tight skin tight white shirts cope with the mud and cold? Will your glove wearing soft lads manage?

1-1 draw and Ricky Villa scored. Brian Clough refused to allow the match to be televised (am not making that up)

Brilliant brilliant day, the amout of Yids there that day was ridiculous. 8k in the ground & several thousand locked out. Great memories.

Michael Doyle is just practicing his 60yd slide tackle (studs up, naturally)

Funnily enough I've just driven past Bramall Lane and seen them delivering truck loads of '1970's' mud....

Will those tight skin tight white shirts cope with the mud and cold? Will your glove wearing soft lads manage?

It never stopped raining that day. Amazed the game went ahead really but i suppose they didn't want shed loads of Tottenham wandering about unsupervised for hours!

It never stopped raining that day. Amazed the game went ahead really but i suppose they didn't want shed loads of Tottenham wandering about unsupervised for hours!
I'm amazed that a lot of football games get called off nowadays after proving through the 60's-90's that a bit of mud and water still makes a game playable.

When I was a kid, our local village Calver, formed its own junior football team at U12 level We were shite, no doubts there, we put four villages together and we still didn't get the player numbers in the area to compete with some of the villages. Our first season was interesting. One of the first games of the season we played Dove Holes and the centre half had a full on tache! Turned out he was 16!

Anyway we'd be trounced every game and we went away to Hathersage, it was never a dry pitch even in the middle of summer. But this particular day was proper muddy. We'd played a number of games and still hadn't scored, when our young striker broke through rounded the keeper and tucked the ball away, before running off to celebrate like a young, white Brian Deane. Or so he thought. The ball had stopped in a puddle on the goal line. Gutted, I think we lost the game 5-0.

The ball had stopped in a puddle on the goal line

A bit like when our GK Barry Daines took that air-shot vs Mansfield!

I wonder how many players from either side will be big girls and wear tights - suspect it will be United 1 Spurs 6 - thought it worth mentioning as it will be the only thing of interest to the spurs fans as their season effectively ends on Wednesday night and they can concentrate on yet another team rebuild for next season.

I wonder how many players from either side will be big girls and wear tights - suspect it will be United 1 Spurs 6 - thought it worth mentioning as it will be the only thing of interest to the spurs fans as their season effectively ends on Wednesday night and they can concentrate on yet another team rebuild for next season.

We only use tights for bank robberies fella.
Here is one of my 'selfies'
3379135065_cbde32a170_m.jpg

Back
Top Bottom