Skinny Fit Kits?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Superblade7

Reaction score
Evening guys,

New to the forum (1st post!) and been down to BDTBL today to check out the kits. Sponsor looks better on the away kit but not keen on the Tiro 13 template that adidas have used so picked up a home shirt.

Got XL like I've done for many years but when I've tried it on it's like wearing a cycling shirt as it's well tight. They must be small as I've had XL for years and actually lost weight this year after a few months at the gym. Looks like it'll be going back for a 2XL.

Are others finding the home shirts a bit on the tight side?

Thanks in advance for reading and look forward to some replies.

PS - apologies if this has been covered elsewhere as haven't read through the many pages of posts on new kits.

I have to admit I did double-take at the thread title.

Skinny fit kids?

2212621.jpg

Looks like I might not be in the size range them. Did you notice a beer drinkers sizes?

To be honest thats just the way Adidas makes their kits, they are always 'fitted'

This pleases me. The last shirt I bought was the 09/10 shirt and it's a small, but flaps around like a tent. The measurements stated are correct for one of my Ryan Flynn-esque stature, before anyone suggests I try a junior size. "Skinny fit" shirts, accidental or otherwise, would suit me down to the ground.

This has sealed the deal for me. Definitely going to buy one this year.

Maybe it's just me, but mine fits the same as my 12/13 Macron shirt (both same size)

I bought a medium and its tiny , I originally ordered a small but managed to get it changed last minute after people warned me they were small sizes

Maybe it's just me, but mine fits the same as my 12/13 Macron shirt (both same size)
I got a large in the first Macron home shirt (with the horrible flappy collar) and that is bigger than the XL Adidas home shirt. I have an AC Milan Adidas shirt from a few seasons ago and that one is pretty fitted as well.

Looks like I might not be in the size range them. Did you notice a beer drinkers sizes?

Think they go up to 3XL but would probably recommend trying them on first. If only they'd thought of installing a fitting room or two in the shop refurb!

To be honest thats just the way Adidas makes their kits, they are always 'fitted'

That probably explains it then as I've never had an adidas football shirt before.

I bought a medium and its tiny , I originally ordered a small but managed to get it changed last minute after people warned me they were small sizes

Glad it's not only me then!

Evening guys,

New to the forum (1st post!) and been down to BDTBL today to check out the kits. Sponsor looks better on the away kit but not keen on the Tiro 13 template that adidas have used so picked up a home shirt.

Got XL like I've done for many years but when I've tried it on it's like wearing a cycling shirt as it's well tight. They must be small as I've had XL for years and actually lost weight this year after a few months at the gym. Looks like it'll be going back for a 2XL.

Are others finding the home shirts a bit on the tight side?

Thanks in advance for reading and look forward to some replies.

PS - apologies if this has been covered elsewhere as haven't read through the many pages of posts on new kits.

Looks like I will have to lose a few pounds then

I got a XL and it fits great, if XL, XXL or XXXL mean nothing to you ask at the counter where they have a conversion chart into inches or mm.

Btw I agree with the OP the Tiro 13 template is piss poor as is the colour black

Yep, I had the same problem with my shirt and my kids as well, ended up sending them all back for the next size up. I was a Medium in the Macron shirts, (that came up big) but ordered a Large in the Adidas that was too small, ended up sending that back for an XL.

Do what i did and lose 3 kg in a month. Put the new shirt on this morning to go running and its starting to fit much better

I think the reason for the 'skinny fit' nowadays is that the shirts are designed to be worn untucked, whereas in the past the shirts were meant to be tucked in, but were worn untucked.

Do what i did and lose 3 kg in a month. Put the new shirt on this morning to go running and its starting to fit much better

I think the reason for the 'skinny fit' nowadays is that the shirts are designed to be worn untucked, whereas in the past the shirts were meant to be tucked in, but were worn untucked.

Mine arriving was a good incentive to drop a few kgs. Jogging commenced, in a gently-does-it-see-how-the-knee-holds-up kind of way.

Tell you what though, Swizzler, that's some damn fine trainers you're knocking out. What's the 'K' at the beginning of the name for?

Adidas tend to be more slim fit, pretend your at Primark and buy one size up lol.

Also, did anyone else find it ridiculous people were moaning that the sizes only went up to 3 XL???
You struggle to get anything above XL in Japan and XL is normally a large here

I think Adidas have issues in their 'sizing' dept, I've had size 8 trainers for 30 years, bought a new pair of size 8 Adidas 'Gazelles' last week and they were at least one size smaller.

I think Adidas have issues in their 'sizing' dept, I've had size 8 trainers for 30 years, bought a new pair of size 8 Adidas 'Gazelles' last week and they were at least one size smaller.

I'm the same, i'm now a size 9 in adidas. They've only done it in the last 12 months.

I'm the same, i'm now a size 9 in adidas. They've only done it in the last 12 months.
I've always found Adidas trainers to be a bit narrow so I have to buy at least a size up compared to other makes. It appears as though Nike are doing the same now; I always wear Air Pegasus for running but when I bought my latest pair I had to go a size up - I couldn't even get the size I normally buy on my foot!

Drop your wallet?

Back
Top Bottom