Simon Tracy rugby tackle

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jehovah

Reaction score
Just been looking through yotube of blades v spurs vids. I am too young to remember this? What game was this? Whats he doing!? was this the 6-0?

Bit harsh to send him off, but wtf was he doing? Remember Simon Tracy well, but this one escapes my memory thankfully. Always heard he had a gambling addiction..........Mmmmmmmmm....indeed.

"Brains of a rocking horse" said Bassett.
The yellow shirts indicate we were away from home.
I think it was the first season after we got promoted and we lost 4-0?

"Brains of a rocking horse" said Bassett.
The yellow shirts indicate we were away from home.
I think it was the first season after we got promoted and we lost 4-0?
Yeah that away kit was first or second season in Div 1 and it was away

Just been looking through yotube of blades v spurs vids. I am too young to remember this? What game was this? Whats he doing!? was this the 6-0?

No, this is the 6-0...

[GALLERY=media, 76]Sheffield United 6 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur on Vimeo by Foxy posted Jan 16, 2015 at 9:03 AM[/GALLERY]

It's our 2-0 defeat there in the First season of the Premier League, so it's the autumn of 1992. It is indeed the "Brains of a Rocking Horse" incident.

We did have a player sent off in the 4-0 defeat in 1990-1 - I think that was David Barnes.

One indirect consequence of Tracey's dismissal was that it gave Alan Kelly his first team chance.

Anyone remember his black eyes at Tranmere and bandaged wrists, allegedly from coming the big 'un in the Railway on the weekend, then being called upon to play midweek as we pushed for the play offs under Steve Thompson?

I seem to remember one season where the scoreboard was altered to stop flashing when the latest scores came up. I asked my uncle why the club had changed it - he replied that it was to stop Simon Tracey having another one of his fits and getting sent off.

This was the 1992-1993 season, lost 2-0 away, then it was the 6-0 win in the home game to spurs.

Kelly took over from Tracey. Mel Rees unfortunately had cancer at this point, he only played in the 1991-1992 season. He did make the bench in the 1992-1993 season away at Aston Villa (I think), but never played that season.

Remeber listening to a game an away game on the radio and we were winning 0-2 with a minute to go and a friend arrived so I answered the door. He had been listening on his car radio and we mused about our away win. By the time we got back to the radio a few minutes later the game had ended 2-2.

Always expect the unexpected with this fixture

Remeber listening to a game an away game on the radio and we were winning 0-2 with a minute to go and a friend arrived so I answered the door. He had been listening on his car radio and we mused about our away win. By the time we got back to the radio a few minutes later the game had ended 2-2.

Always expect the unexpected with this fixture

Must be thinking of the 2-2 draw in March of the 1993-1994 season, we were 2-1 up after Nathan Blake had but us in the lead, they scored in the 90th. Had we won that game we wouldn't have been relegated come May!

Seem to recall Tracey getting sent off at Maine Road, after coming racing out towards the half way line....think that finished 6-0

As well as the Spurs and Man City games, I recall Tracey also got sent off at Portsmouth in 1998 (which resulted in that guy attacking the linesman) and at home to West Brom in 2002 (the battle of Bramall Lane). Things got interesting when he went off...

Sub keepers:
Spurs: Kelly
Portsmouth: Shaun Derry (clean sheet!)
WBA: DeVogt
Man City: Aidan Davison (who conceded 5)

As well as the Spurs and Man City games, I recall Tracey also got sent off at Portsmouth in 1998 (which resulted in that guy attacking the linesman) and at home to West Brom in 2002 (the battle of Bramall Lane). Things got interesting when he went off...

Sub keepers:

I think he got sent off 5 times in total (not sure when the other one was) and at one point was our most sent off player. Morgan now holds that record.

Edit: remembered. The other was at Oldham on 3/5/94

No, this is the 6-0...

[GALLERY=media, 76]Sheffield United 6 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur on Vimeo by Foxy posted Jan 16, 2015 at 9:03 AM[/GALLERY]

Love the first goal!

Must be thinking of the 2-2 draw in March of the 1993-1994 season, we were 2-1 up after Nathan Blake had but us in the lead, they scored in the 90th. Had we won that game we wouldn't have been relegated come May!

Ah, remember that day well. I wasn't allowed to go to WHL due to the small matter of my Bar Mitzvah being that day.

Sub keepers:
What happened to he linesman attacker ,did anyone know him ?

Simon Tracey...absolutely my inspiration to keep playing football and keep playing in goal...a man who proved that goalkeepers truly are custodians of a slightly different world to the rest. Living proof that you have to be crazy to be a keeper. Oh, and he was fucking brilliant.

Jason Dozzell got Spurs injury time equaliser

Back
Top Bottom