Should we expect a 10 day smokescreen?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

highpeakblade

Shoreham Street - Til Death Us Do Part
Reaction score
Dexter Blackstock refuses a loan offer from Sheffield United despite his club being in approval of the idea.

Higdon and McNulty supposedly about 10 days away from returning.

So in typical United style will we now see a smoke screen drawn over the whole thing until Higdon and McNulty come back and at this point should we expect the club then to tell us that the urgency to sign a striker is no longer there as we already have a couple of great strikers in Higdon and McNulty? And then of Course clough will play a false nine with Higdon and McNulty on the bench getting match fit again until January.

And then it all starts again for whatever matter.

Is it just me that doesn't see the immediate need for a striker?

It would be nice but I'm confident with what we have at our disposal for these upcoming home games. Then with McNulty (who I believe is capable), and Higdon (who was starting to show he's a handful) coming back into the fray I think we have some good options up there considering the formation we play too.

I'm with Nigel - only if the player is right for us. No rush, no panic. We have a great squad.

Don't forget just as we don't know where our next goal is coming from nor do the opposition. Much easier to mark a recognised striker than a number of possible scorers who could come at you from any angle. Long live the 4-6-0

Can't say I agree, think we're desperate for a forward. Think back to the Barnsley game and how clueless and one dimensional we looked at times. Higdon and Mcnulty have done little so far to suggest they can offer that when they're fit. They may well do in time but we can't afford to sit around hoping they'll come good/remain fit.

Is it just me that doesn't see the immediate need for a striker?

It would be nice but I'm confident with what we have at our disposal for these upcoming home games. Then with McNulty (who I believe is capable), and Higdon (who was starting to show he's a handful) coming back into the fray I think we have some good options up there considering the formation we play too.

I'm with Nigel - only if the player is right for us. No rush, no panic. We have a great squad.
I agree overall, but remember if we'd have lost on Saturday we'd be hovering above mimd table, that's the fine margins we're talking about.

I still want us to show more attacking intent. Our late goal tally continues to prove that the squad is capable of more than it delivers over 90 minutes.

UTB

Can't say I agree, think we're desperate for a forward. Think back to the Barnsley game and how clueless and one dimensional we looked at times. Higdon and Mcnulty have done little so far to suggest they can offer that when they're fit. They may well do in time but we can't afford to sit around hoping they'll come good/remain fit.

I think McNulty has certainly showed he can score goals.

Don't forget just as we don't know where our next goal is coming from nor do the opposition. Much easier to mark a recognised striker than a number of possible scorers who could come at you from any angle. Long live the 4-6-0

Away from home maybe but at home where there is a chance to get into teams from the off I think at least one recognised goalscorer would be a massive benefit. Also to use your thought process if everyone is marking the striker it leaves space for others.

If Higdon and Mcnulty was fit we wouldn't need a front man.
Both have showed in game time played they can produce.
Still love to see Diego up top with Baxter close I'm sure it would bring out the best in both.

Dexter Blackstock refuses a loan offer from Sheffield United despite his club being in approval of the idea.

So in typical United style will we now see a smoke screen drawn over the whole thing until Higdon and McNulty come back and at this point should we expect the club then to tell us that the urgency to sign a striker is no longer there as we already have a couple of great strikers in Higdon and McNulty? And then of Course clough will play a false nine with Higdon and McNulty on the bench getting match fit again until January.

I believe sir, that you may just be psychic !! :rolleyes:
UTB & FTP

These days I always get the impression Clough is looking for reasons not to play McNulty, rather than reasons why he should be playing him

Baffling?
It baffles me when they are is own signings and not just Mcnulty

Perhaps MM's antics have been the cause in Clough being overly critical. For sure he knows the man better than we do.

If he was not injured, he would have played with Baxter's form in and out and Higs out through no fault of his own.

Seems to be talented but not too smart!

These days I always get the impression Clough is looking for reasons not to play McNulty, rather than reasons why he should be playing him

Baffling?
Like all managers, he will have had rows..the players Butler and McNulty are not being forgiven for that. Warnock had favourites and Danny Cullip scenario was like Butler scenario.

Perhaps MM's antics have been the cause in Clough being overly critical. For sure he knows the man better than we do.

If he was not injured, he would have played with Baxter's form in and out and Higs out through no fault of his own.

Seems to be talented but not too smart!
Not alone in that is he in truth.

Could be argued the MM has to grow up, show some maturity and stay out of trouble before being forgiven.

Could be argued the MM has to grow up, show some maturity and stay out of trouble before being forgiven.
Forgiven for what mate?

How do you know it was his fault?

I know you might say he shouldn't get into a position where that sort of thing can happen,but in all honesty some things you really can't help,especially when dickheads are involved.

I'd rather us get McNulty and Higdon fit and back than chase after wankers like Blackstock who would rather sit on the bench or play U21 football at Forest than play some meaningful football on L1.

Hopefully both will be able to play some part today, and stay injury free. If they do, I think there are enough goals in them for us to challenge at the top.

Make no mistake Mcnultys treading on thin ice with Clough got to get his head down or he'll go the same exit as the rest who crossed him.
You tow the line with Clough or you're out.

Away from home maybe but at home where there is a chance to get into teams from the off I think at least one recognised goalscorer would be a massive benefit.

But that's one our major problems - we're not 'on it' from the start in home games. The exception was Barnsley the other week which, of course, we lost. Therefore NC will drop this madcap idea of attacking teams from the start.

If NC and the players can't be fired up in front of near 20k crowds, we've no chance next season.

Quote from sufc.co.uk......Nothing ever changes down at The Lane! :confused:

"Hopefully Higdon and McNulty will be fit enough to be in contention for Friday , but we still hope to do business with a striker, although it isn't as pressing now they are approaching a return."

Read more at http://www.sufc.co.uk/news/article/...notts-county-2103688.aspx#b6Cu6q4b8mgruBjh.99

You may argue its double bluff if we didn't have a history of doing nothing in transfer windows, ever.

So far with 2 days to go your predictions are spot on

Back
Top Bottom