Shit or bust

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Patrick Suffaux

Reaction score
If there's any truth in us bidding for multiple players today and IF they are any good (can't recall seeing any of them play) then the club better pull their finger out and get the deals done because the current team has every chance of getting relegated.

Some confidence, aggression and leadership needed desperately all over the pitch.

Basham not good enough, back four exposed, forward pairing not compatible.....and I predicted the latter would be the case before the season started. If you're going to play two no.9's you need an extremely good team behind them, we don't have that.

It worried me from the start to see so many talking about automatic promotion when it was crystal clear from before the Bolton game that the squad was just not good enough to compete in this Division and there was little beyond the first eleven.

That was before Adams & Brayford went .........

Unless we bring in CH, LB, CM x 2, CF & wide mid we're in for a bloody long struggle and another frustrating season.

Trouble is ...... with our team of negotiators ...... :tumbleweed:

They're as much use as a one legged man in an arse kicking contest !!

UTB & FTP

If there's any truth in us bidding for multiple players today and IF they are any good (can't recall seeing any of them play) then the club better pull their finger out and get the deals done because the current team has every chance of getting relegated.

Some confidence, aggression and leadership needed desperately all over the pitch.

Basham not good enough, back four exposed, forward pairing not compatible.....and I predicted the latter would be the case before the season started. If you're going to play two no.9's you need an extremely good team behind them, we don't have that.
Surely we haven't been playing two number nines? That's against the rules? You sure it wasn't a number 9 and a number 6 stood on his head?

Heyup cock! Tha too pessimistic by ayf! We're gonna be oreight am tellin thi. Wigan were just same as us last season and look at what they did! Wilder will get it reight and we'll be in top 3 by Christmas and we'll all be singing again.

Reminds me of those "4 bids" we made on deadline day under Clough.

All too low to be seriously considered by the clubs and all used by the board to show 'evidence' of how active we were and how we really tried our very best to get players signed.

Funny you say that I was thinking of that yesterday when the 'finger crossers' were saying this time it's different. That was another year where we bided our time till deadline day. The only difference this year is we don't have Jim Phipps to put some positive spin out the day after.

Unless we bring in CH, LB, CM x 2, CF & wide mid we're in for a bloody long struggle and another frustrating season.

UTB & FTP

Under Wilder before we had signed 1, we all recognised we needed at least 2xCH, LB, CM, CF & wide mid. Now we've sign 9 I think and we are still saying we need CH, LB, CM x 2, CF & wide mid

Why?

"We tried for one or two, but..."

This time it's different Koz.... This time we tried nine or ten but.....

Reminds me of those "4 bids" we made on deadline day under Clough.

All too low to be seriously considered by the clubs and all used by the board to show 'evidence' of how active we were and how we really tried our very best to get players signed.

..and the 'Adkins January'...apparently he didn't want to spend the money available to strengthen the squad :eek:

'We tried but...'

Under Wilder before we had signed 1, we all recognised we needed at least 2xCH, LB, CM, CF & wide mid. Now we've sign 9 I think and we are still saying we need CH, LB, CM x 2, CF & wide mid

Why?

This time it's different Koz.... This time we tried nine or ten but.....
Because some players who did well haven't responded to CW, same as some of Clough's players didn't respond to Adkins, because we over-rated some of the existing players like Coutts, Basham, Brayford, Long and because we've already written several new signings off because they've got off to a bad start.

Surely we haven't been playing two number nines? That's against the rules? You sure it wasn't a number 9 and a number 6 stood on his head?

Heyup cock! Tha too pessimistic by ayf! We're gonna be oreight am tellin thi. Wigan were just same as us last season and look at what they did! Wilder will get it reight and we'll be in top 3 by Christmas and we'll all be singing again.

Right now it looks like we are playing 9 number 2's.

Because some players who did well haven't responded to CW, same as some of Clough's players didn't respond to Adkins, because we over-rated some of the existing players like Coutts, Basham, Brayford, Long and because we've already written several new signings off because they've got off to a bad start.
Ah, got it. We fecked up again.

Agree...it is shit or bust.

But these players aren't that bad. We need four minimum before the window closes.
First choice CB, first choice CB, first choice Winger/forward and some competition for the full back places. And these four need to have quality, simple as that. Ability on the ball, pace, strength and mental strength.

Impossible??

On the budget guidelines Wilder has, I think it is.
We are looking like a bottom half club this season, and need to hope the manager has it in him to get enough results. This is a 3 season rebuild without a large injection of funds.

Another set of new faces (maybe) and i'll ask this board again.

How long will you give the team to gel, get to know one another and play like an XI on the park not eleven individuals?

Christmas?

IF the results don't improve and we're fighting to stay up, rather than go up, how long will Wilder/Knill have?

If they're not that bad why do we need over a third of a new team?

Da booomm tscheee

Is it.... We've played four of the best already in L1, it'll be a lot easier when the lesser clubs start arriving at BDTBL and we're visiting them.

or is yon TuftyKnill playin' "Championship Manger" on a PC that only allows them to scout the English Non Leagues and at a push, the Scottish PL?

It worried me from the start to see so many talking about automatic promotion when it was crystal clear from before the Bolton game that the squad was just not good enough to compete in this Division and there was little beyond the first eleven.

That was before Adams & Brayford went .........

They're as much use as a one legged man in an arse kicking contest !!

UTB & FTP

We don't need that many mate. That's a completely new side and to be fair to Wilder he had to see how the season would start and sadly, certain players have not hit the ground running from last season, as well as his new signings. But I would say one centre mid, a centre back and one forward or winger with pace that can take people on and scare the opposition back and to double up on said player so that there are gaps for team mates. The Clarke and Sharp partnership is undoubtedly not working yet, but its 4 games gone and I would be fairly sure that Wilder knows that we need pace up alongside Clarke and if Sharp continues to produce poor form, sadly he'll be dropped in favour of the new arrival or Done/McNulty.

We don't need a full back, Freeman will prove to be more than adequate and we have Basham as cover. We have Wallace as cover on the other side and Hussey will prove to be a quality addition I'm sure of that. He also got something like 11 assists last season and already has one for us. To have a left back who can do that is invaluable, and his defending is no where near as bad as some have said. Take Saturday for an example. He came out to close the attacker down but they were afforded the luxury of a player directly behind who was totally unmarked (where was his marker?) and so Hussey couldn't cover two players and one blocked Hussey's path for the other to go through. Against Southend, Long could and should have shouted that it was his or Hussey's ball, Long could see just as well as Hussey. That's partly why Long has been dropped because he isn't vocal. I'm fairly sure now that Moore has arrived, we'll not be conceding goals like Rochdale and Southend. Prior to the Southend debacle we'd only conceded one v Bolton, 1 v Rochdale (Long's fault) and then this Saturday 2, which should have been 1, but for O'Connells Maradona moment.

Chapman has looked promising in his brief appearances, and as the season progresses I reckon he'll get more match time. We've got some real quality in this team. I'm thinking of Moore, Fleck, Duffy, Sharp and Clarke. Just give it time Blades! Mark my words we'll be play offs this season - minimum.

"Running around like a dog with 6 cocks"

For some reason I couldn't get this phrase out of my mind when I read of our potential three bids in one day effort if we are one of the Morsy bidders as well as in for Webster and Colclough.

Somewhat typical of us in recent years to be shopping for the actual cake itself last minute, having purchased only the icing and the cherry on top to date.

We do seem to meander along without a plan then panic. If we are stuck in a chain as some would have us believe, then why did we not release Che until we were happy with the forward line? Why did we not retain Brayford until we had secured the requisite first choice defenders.

Other clubs we deal with have a stance that they can release our targets only when a replacement is found. Why is it that we let players go so readily and only then turn our attention to getting replacements?

Is it me or does everyone have a plan apart from us who just make it up on the fly, hoping things will be in place before we run out of time?

"Running around like a dog with 6 cocks"

For some reason I couldn't get this phrase out of my mind when I read of our potential three bids in one day effort if we are one of the Morsy bidders as well as in for Webster and Colclough.

Somewhat typical of us in recent years to be shopping for the actual cake itself last minute, having purchased only the icing and the cherry on top to date.

We do seem to meander along without a plan then panic. If we are stuck in a chain as some would have us believe, then why did we not release Che until we were happy with the forward line? Why did we not retain Brayford until we had secured the requisite first choice defenders.

Other clubs we deal with have a stance that they can release our targets only when a replacement is found. Why is it that we let players go so readily and only then turn our attention to getting replacements?

Is it me or does everyone have a plan apart
from us who just make it up on the fly, hoping things will be in place before we run out of time?

Reactive not proactive.

Don't worry Patrick, they will be trying ever so hard like they normally do, and anyway there is always the January transfer window.

Back
Top Bottom