Shirt holding rule

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

joshua thompson

Reaction score
I am a referee myself, been doing it for just over 4 years now so I understand the pressure you get from players, managers, fans especially at the higher levels, so I have respect for referees or most at least.

However, what is it with this new shirt pulling rule, earlier on in the season Mike Dean gives 2 penalties in the same game for shirt pulling in the box in the premier league. Now, I have seen a problem with this, as there is no consistency at all. There has been discussion of these numerous times on the football shows alike and it surely has to get addressed.

My argument comes from last night really. How many times when we was in the attacking half/ opposition box I saw holding of the shirt and nothing done about it, can name one in the first half where sharp hit the shot wide and we should have had a penalty, if this is a rule that is going to be enforced.

Yet we have Coutts get a yellow for tapping the back of a player, yes I would give a yellow but because its outside the box it is different. I see no consistency at all and its quite frustrating.

What do you think? Maybe being too harsh?

Spot on. The lack of consistency with refs is the most frustrating thing there is. If wrestling then throwing a player onto the ground like Triple H style isn't violent conduct it begs the question what is

Back
Top Bottom