Sheffield United - The Fans (1989)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

watched the series when it was on bbc2. recorded it but cant fnd the videos. does anyone know where i can get it? one thing that sticks in my mind is when we were away at stoke, agana comes on as sub, crosses for deane who's diving header nestles the ball into the bottom corner, cue camera zooming in on said ball. those were great days.

watched the series when it was on bbc2. recorded it but cant fnd the videos. does anyone know where i can get it? one thing that sticks in my mind is when we were away at stoke, agana comes on as sub, crosses for deane who's diving header nestles the ball into the bottom corner, cue camera zooming in on said ball. those were great days.

I was at that Stoke game it was a fantastic goal.

Then the Stoke manager Alan Ball said in his press conference it was a "lucky goal" and "it would show what a sad state English football was in if a club like Sheffield United playing that way got to the top flight"

Ball was a bit of a twat wasn't he?

p.jpg

89/90 season? Best TV ever. The BBC certainly picked the right team for an exciting season #whenweweregood

Try here. I was at that Leeds game (16/4/90) and it felt as if the world had caved in that day. We were restricted to 1200 tickets in a 32k+ crowd, it started drizzling and the Leeds cunts decided to throw bags of sugar over us, the Leeds crowd were as fanatical as any I've ever seen. Up to their usual cheating ways as ever. (in the warm-up, Tracey was booting the balls downfield to stretch his hams, and the Leeds players were keeping the balls, leaving none for the Blades to warm up with). John Gannon's girlfriend got glassed in the Lowfield Road stand.

Still all worth it nineteen days later at Leicester.

Last edited:
I was at that Stoke game it was a fantastic goal.

Then the Stoke manager Alan Ball said in his press conference it was a "lucky goal" and "it would show what a sad state English football was in if a club like Sheffield United playing that way got to the top flight"

Ball was a bit of a twat wasn't he?
Nicest bloke involved in football I ever met. I was totally in awe of him but all he wanted to do was talk about football and was very knowledgable even about Utd. This was about 2001.

Back
Top Bottom