Sheffield united patch for running vest.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Chezzy_Blade

Reaction score
Does anybody know if you can buy such a thing?

I am a keen runner through a local club and do a good few races around the UK as well as the odd one on the continent as well and when I am running solo and unattached to my club I am allowed to wear my own gear. I was thinking of buying a Red and Black Climacool vest for certain races and it might sound daft to some of you but I fancy a blades badge on one even if I just use it for training in.

If I can buy one what are the legalities of getting one and putting it on the vest? I'm not overly bothered about getting in trouble to be fair after all who will to see it. But if I do wear it in a competitive race and a photographer snaps me wearing it?.

I am hoping to create similar to this.

upload_2014-7-30_15-18-57.png

I am a keen runner through a local club and do a good few races around the UK as well as the odd one on the continent as well and when I am running solo and unattached to my club I am allowed to wear my own gear. I was thinking of buying a Red and Black Climacool vest for certain races and it might sound daft to some of you but I fancy a blades badge on one even if I just use it for training in.

If I can buy one what are the legalities of getting one and putting it on the vest? I'm not overly bothered about getting in trouble to be fair after all who will to see it. But if I do wear it in a competitive race and a photographer snaps me wearing it?.

View attachment 9036

I bought a couple the other week from thst malysian site someone posted a link to
They are good quality
Think it was in the away kit thread

View attachment 9036

There is no issue unless you try to sell your vest and hold it out as official SUFC merchandise.

As an aside the geezer who does these patches is willing to make custom ones with a white border just like the current club badge.

Minimum order is 4 pieces at 39.96 US Dollars.

As an aside the geezer who does these patches is willing to make custom ones with a white border just like the current club badge.

Sounds like you are setting up your knock off SUFC away shirts franchise....

whats his no i will happily pass on my ddebit details 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 :eek:)

Hahaha Cheers for the responses chaps and for the link also Highbury. I don't want to sell anything so thankfully I should be ok then just wondered if I would face any copyright sort of issues as i've got a couple of independent races in France this Autumn and wouldn't mind flying the flag for the blades on the continent as such. Would prefer iron on to be honest if the quality is good enough and they actually stay on the shirt. Sometimes when running embroidered stuff can itch the hell out of you.

whats his no i will happily pass on my ddebit details 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 :eek:)

You pay through paypal. I've ordered one of his regular badges at £6 to see if a) they arrive, or b) they're any good before i commit to anything further.

You pay through paypal. I've ordered one of his regular badges at £6 to see if a) they arrive, or b) they're any good before i commit to anything further.

Have you not actually had one arrive yet then? I notice the delivery can take anything between 2-3 weeks.

Have you not actually had one arrive yet then? I notice the delivery can take anything between 2-3 weeks.

No, i only ordered it this morning. I only posted the link a couple of days ago so fuck knows how judgey has got his.

How is it you can buy from states or Malaysia but no UK companies, when I was a kid you could get the embroided badges all over sheffield and for pennies, wtf has the world come to when you can't get hold of your local teams badge, locally :-/

How is it you can buy from states or Malaysia but no UK companies, when I was a kid you could get the embroided badges all over sheffield and for pennies, wtf has the world come to when you can't get hold of your local teams badge, locally :-/
You can't even buy them at The Lane can you?

Ordered from him, pretty quick delivery considering, comms are good (Sent a message the day before they arrived to see if I'd got them). Quality in my opinion is much better than the official adidas ones. You may need to trim around the edges, but no big deal.

Please note these patches are 9 cm. Larger than a standard patch. After receiving the one I ordered, I have since asked him to do some in 7cm diameter. He has agreed and is much cheaper than the other one on etsy.

For 10 patches (7cm dia.) he quoted $48 US. $4 per patch plus $8 postage. Works out just under £30.

I told him he may get more orders!

My son wants patches on all his stuff (camping blankets etc). He was gutted when they told him in the shop they don't do them anymore.

Ordered from him, pretty quick delivery considering, comms are good (Sent a message the day before they arrived to see if I'd got them). Quality in my opinion is much better than the official adidas ones. You may need to trim around the edges, but no big deal.

Please note these patches are 9 cm. Larger than a standard patch. After receiving the one I ordered, I have since asked him to do some in 7cm diameter. He has agreed and is much cheaper than the other one on etsy.

For 10 patches (7cm dia.) he quoted $48 US. $4 per patch plus $8 postage. Works out just under £30.

I told him he may get more orders!

My son wants patches on all his stuff (camping blankets etc). He was gutted when they told him in the shop they don't do them anymore.

Does he do them with a white border? Also, how do they attach to the garment?

The larger ones I got had the red border as on the eBay listing. Pretty sure you could ask him about a white border (prefer the red ones myself, same as they used to sell in the club shop). They are sew on, not iron on, but fabric glues and heat bonding adhesive tape is available in all good craft shops (and some rubbish ones). Just ask your Aunty!

You going all out on the Tiro 13 template shirt? ;)

Look forward to seeing the results!

The ones I got werent off ebay they wrre off some Malaysian site someone posted a link to

Back
Top Bottom