Sheffield United League 1 winners 2014/15

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SwissBlade

Reaction score
Congratulations on a wonderful win against the champions of Turkey and one of the best sides in Europe.
Well after the wild hysteria which greeted the Burton defeat, I was expecting threads of excitement in the club’s biggest win ever. Just shows how meaningless the results of friendlies are.

:)

laughing-gif.10714

Congratulations on a wonderful win against the champions of Turkey and one of the best sides in Europe.
Well after the wild hysteria which greeted the Burton defeat, I was expecting threads of excitement in the club’s biggest win ever. Just shows how meaningless the results of friendlies are.

:)

When did losing any game 4-0 become ok? Are you and Matt Bianco brother's? :)

As i said, if you use that as the basis for your hysteria, surely then this result is beyond your wildest dreams?

Why is it hysterical to say that losing 4-0 to Burton isn't acceptable?
Im not saying that, i'm askingif you're over the moon with last nights result.

But on the hysteria of a 4-0 at burton. First friendly game of the preseason and apparently its all about the result.

Presumably then the Fener manager should be sacked for losing last night, correct?

Im not saying that, i'm askingif you're over the moon with last nights result.

But on the hysteria of a 4-0 at burton. First friendly game of the preseason and apparently its all about the result.

Presumably then the Fener manager should be sacked for losing last night, correct?

Presumption has always been the mother of all fuck ups. When did I ever call for Clough to be sacked?

Does my avatar say that I am against Clough? Everyone is so busy bashing people, why can't a result be called for what it is? I am more interested in the performance at York than I was tonight and I am still more than confident of being champions, however I won't accept losing 4-0 anywhere in whatever game as acceptable.

Presumption has always been the mother of all fuck ups. When did I ever call for Clough to be sacked?

Does my avatar say that I am against Clough? Everyone is so busy bashing people, why can't a result be called for what it is? I am more interested in the performance at York than I was tonight and I am still more than confident of being champions, however I won't accept losing 4-0 anywhere in whatever game as acceptable.

Ha ha no i'm just winding you up. I found the hysteria at the burton result absolutely laughable, but of course i didn't expect anyone to come on here saying how well we did to beat a top side like Fener.

4-0 in a friendly, i have no problem with it as long as we got the work out we needed and it seems we did.

From what i've read on last night, we're starting to get a few potential partnerships forming...

Don't know what you're bringing me into this for? Well, I'm here now so here goes.

Friendly results don't matter. It's all about fitness and getting the players through the games unharmed. Yes it's nice to win like last night but it's not the end of the world if we lose.

In my post in the Fenerbahce thread, I don't mention the result once, all I have done is pick out individuals and their performances. An outsider reading that wouldn't know how the game ended. http://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/fenerbahce-game.35410/page-2#post-630214

At HT last night, I said to my mate that I'd seen enough to know we're going to have a good season. Winning was the icing on the cake. Yes we need a striker, but we'll be fine without one too. I think a good striker could be the difference in finishing top 2 as opposed to top 6.

The Burton result meant nothing, it was our first pre-season game. Last night was Fenerbahce's first pre-season game; is that why we beat them? Maybe, maybe not.

I know if we had played them in a competitive game we wouldn't have won. Could probably play them competitively 10 nights running and still not win. That is how good Fener are and how unimportant friendlies are.

We played Flynn at RB and Davies at LB last night, I highly doubt we'll see that combination ever again. Alcock (a RB) was on the bench. That to me proves the result is unimportant. Clough obviously wanted to let Flynn and Davies get 80+ mins of game time ready for next Saturday rather than play Alcock and Harris.

To summarise. It was nice to win but I'd seen enough positives at 0-1HT

I agree Swiss. We will win the league. But only if everyone is pulling in the same direction!

As an object in analysing human behaviour this place is priceless.

Reactions: LSF
As an object in analysing human behaviour this place is priceless.
I see,vell vould all you s24su people please lay on zis couch und tell me about your childhood.......
The top and bottom of this discussion is that neither the burton result nor fener result mean shit to our season that's up coming, either give us 3 points ? No? Now if after aug 9th as I've mentioned in another thread we get spanked 4-0 by a less fancied side then I think we should be asking questions, but if that 4-0 is just a bad day at the office, a one off out of say 10-12 games then is that a problem, I'd say no, until that point I reiterate not one of the pre season results win, lose or draw give us 3 points so are essentially meaningless .
Incedently they didn't put us thru to next round of any recognised cup (burton whatever cup not withstanding) in case the pedants wish to ask.
Roll on aug 9th and the beginning of a record breaking unbeaten run ;)
UTB

Back
Top Bottom