'Memries' Sheffield United 1981-1982

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That's better!

Being pedantic but didn't we sign King halfway through the season around the same time as Morris?

At the start of the season we signed Waugh, McAlle and Richardson with Edwards arriving after he'd just scored against us for Hull.

I'm just wondering now about that side, if McAlle and MacPhail were the centre backs and Garner was left back, did Kenworthy play in midfield or did they all not play at the same time?
McAlle left for Derby halfway through the season. Will have to look at the Complete Records when I get home. Houston was our captain, he could play at CB or at LB too. Kenworthy played in midfield on some occasions

McAlle left for Derby halfway through the season. Will have to look at the Complete Records when I get home. Houston was our captain, he could play at CB or at LB too. Kenworthy played in midfield on some occasions
As I recall, Kenworthy generally wore the no.6 shirt that season - means nothing in itself, but he was ever-present, so I think he played midfield quite a lot. Scored 16 goals from memory, although many were penalties.

As I recall, Kenworthy generally wore the no.6 shirt that season - means nothing in itself, but he was ever-present, so I think he played midfield quite a lot. Scored 16 goals from memory, although many were penalties.
At home now.

McAlle played in all of the first 18 league matches before leaving for Derby in January.

Kenworthy played in 45 league games for the season, McPhail 26, Houston 27, Garner 34, Ryan played in 19 league matches before leaving for Man City in January Moore took over RB position for 4 games before Richardson replaced him for 5-2 defeat at Colchester, then McPhail wore number 2 (dont remember that) for 4 games, then Paul Casey for 12 before Richardson reclaimed the number 2 shirt for the rest of the season. Houston didnt play in the last 11 league matches but was the captain who lifted the trophy at the Everton friendly

Typically, the two shortest videos (so far) are this one and 1970-1971. Maybe we should ban cameras this season?

I think Kenworthy played left back and Garner left midfield for at least a few games.

so our last championship we won merits 10 responses yet the season before when we were relegated to the bottom tier gets More responses

This is Feethams today - load of new houses. Good to see the trees still look the same. Nice cricket ground too.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 8
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 8
*bump* for our first proper silverware since then! And we had it much easier this time (after a shitty start of course)!

I'm sure Porterfield is looking down thinking "aye, that wee ginger ballboy done good".

Oh, and that's a young Chris Kamara playing for Swindon on the programme at the beginning!

Back
Top Bottom