'Memries' Sheffield United 1979-1980

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Love the commentary for the MacPhail handball at the start, times have changed and he only got a yellow! Was the season where my Dad took me to my first match, probably the August of that year.

Oh that kit :( (actually it's better than last year's)

Skipped BD and the Curran and Jack Charlton bits, so most of it then...

The Blades team in the Tiger and Scorcher photo was taken at Carlisle on 17th November 1979. We lost 1-0

Why did the fucking pig cunts have John Street at the Lane? Were our fucking fans a bunch of pussies or somat?

Why did Kenworthy roll round like a baby when curran tapped him?

Harry Haslam - sounds an absolute cunt like a 70s version of that scouse bastard we had last season.

Kenworthy had an injured right foot before the game. Curran stood on it as he came back to talk to the ref after the happy slapping. It was still a song and dance from a player that was made of stronger stuff than that.
The injury to Kenworthy forced him to go off injured later.

Curran - complete and utter TWAT.

Yeah Curran,what a twat..I'd forgotten how many keepers we used back then...Derek Richardson,Steve Conroy,Terry Poole..I think Nicky Johns played in one game.
The Hark now hear song..definately a United song first,we always sang it back then..you can hear us singing it on the Kop...nothing from Wendy apart from singing the Blues and the odd Curran chant..thieving twats.
Don't know why we gave them the west terrace,I bet most of them only came out the woodwork for the 2 Derby games,they were only getting about 10k earlier in the season to our 18k...Lot's of similarities from that time to now with the slide down the divisions,we even ditched the stripes.

.I'd forgotten how many keepers we used back then...Derek Richardson,Steve Conroy,Terry Poole..I think Nicky Johns played in one game.

Nicky Johns didnt play in that season. Played in only 1 league and 1 league cup matches the previous season. Neil Ramsbottom played in a few games in the 1979-80 season

The Hark now hear song..definately a United song
I really cannot stand that song.really really hate it Why loads still sing it , I don't know .
It just gives glory to them. They must laugh so much if they hear our fans singing that about the glory of them.

First season - went to three with my dad (a Wednesday fan!): the two Wednesday matches and Carlisle (I think). Memories: not being tall enough to see Wednesday's goals in the leppings lane end, really wanting United to win at BDTL due to the ribbing at school, and curran's wonder goal. He comes across as a cocky so and so on the video, but pretty sure if he'd been our player that day we wouldn't have been complaining. Started going more often the following year (in the junior pen).
Does anyone know when the fences were put up?

Summer 1979 after the club had an investigation due to fans running on the pitch and kicking one or two Leicester players after the 2-2 home draw (last game of the season)

First season - went to three with my dad (a Wednesday fan!): the two Wednesday matches and Carlisle (I think). Memories: not being tall enough to see Wednesday's goals in the leppings lane end, really wanting United to win at BDTL due to the ribbing at school, and curran's wonder goal. He comes across as a cocky so and so on the video, but pretty sure if he'd been our player that day we wouldn't have been complaining. Started going more often the following year (in the junior pen).

I think the fence went up sometime this season. I don't think you can see it on the Oxford footage but you can against the Pigs.

As for Curran, a prime cunt but a very good player from what I've seen of him. Then again, Hitler was kind to animals...

I think the fence went up sometime this season. I don't think you can see it on the Oxford footage but you can against the Pigs.

As for Curran, a prime cunt but a very good player from what I've seen of him. Then again, Hitler was kind to animals...
v Burscough Nov 1979

index.php

"As for Curran, a prime cunt of the highest order but a very good player from what I've seen of him. Then again, Hitler was kind to animals..."

... and liked cricket!

The derbies that season I don't think there was any segregation as such, you got the away end allocation, then anyone was free to apply for tickets in the home sections. I'm sure my Dad applied to the sty for tickets and we ended up in the front section of their South Stand. From what I remember there was plenty of Blades around where we were sitting and there were loads in their North Stand. I think there's a picture from the game (in one of the Sheffield Derby books) when king pig twat curran scored at our end of the ground and in the north stand in the background very few are stood up celebrating, most are sitting down looking miserable.

If I remember correctly in the return game at the Lane there was a sizeable amount of pigs in one section of the South Stand and on the open part of the old Kop. It always struck me that at the BD game there were probably more Blades in the dear old rust bucket than pigs.

Why did the fucking pig cunts have John Street at the Lane? Were our fucking fans a bunch of pussies or somat?

Why did Kenworthy roll round like a baby when curran tapped him?

Harry Haslam - sounds an absolute cunt like a 70s version of that scouse bastard we had last season.
the pigs also had the open air bit of the kop as well kenworthy was superb that day

Back
Top Bottom