Sheff Utd u21's v Sheff Wed u21's - 7PM Kick Off

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ThatJa

Bigger Blade than United's Arab Emirate
Reaction score
Free Entry for season ticket holders or £3 adults, £1 kids.

Also selling tickets to Sheffield Wednesday fans, will the away end be open? Surely they wouldn't put United and Wednesday fans together like they did for the Everton cup game?

Anyone popping down?

You sure it's not a 19:45 kick off?

Just checking, like.

Not as though I can get there anyway - but wanted to make sure for fellow Blades that this KO time was as accurate as it could be given the circumstances.

It is 7pm KO and will be SWFC and SUFC supporters sat together I imagine, will only be a few hundred there (me included)

7PM kick off is correct.

Stefan Scougall and Ryan Flynn are both pencilled in to start for the Blades in the U21 Steel City derby at Bramall Lane this evening (Wednesday), kick-off 7pm.

Scottish defender Brian McLean, formerly Ross County and currently on trial with United is also expected to feature, as is Iain Turner, Louis Reed and Diego De Girolamo.

The Blades are looking for their first win of the season after two draws (Colchester and Coventry) and two defeats (Crystal Palace and QPR) to date.

Entry is free for United season ticket holders, otherwise it is £3 adults and £1 concessions, with tickets available from the ticket office.

Blades (from): Turner, Paling, Scarisbrick, Dimaio, McLean, Berry, Khan, Reed, De Girolamo, Scougall, Flynn, Whiteman, Willis, Coustrain, McDonagh, Evans.

Genuinely gutted I can't get down to this tonight. Was hoping to see Berry for the first time and seeing if any of the lads making the step up have made much progress over the summer.

We were the better side first half, Wednesday came out improved in the second and we faded.

anyone else noticed all wednesdays wins this season are against teams whose name start with B, lets hope the other 25 letters prove its just them

As Foxy described, I ventured out to see the Blades play the grunts. First half I was quite impressed by how neat and tidy some of our play was. We were a physically smaller side than Wendy but we didn't shirk tackles or allow Wendy to rest on the ball. Scougall was impressive and was Mr Energy as you'd expect. I liked what I saw of Diego. I hadn't seen the lad play before but he struck me as canny, a great first touch, and a good burst of pace. Definitely looks a decent player, but how he improves is really down to him. I hope he applies himself because he's clearly a little bit special. He struck a good balance between being the greedy type all forwards need at times, but he also made a good contribution to the team.

Foxy, who were the United central defenders? Our number 5 looked composed as he was up against the tall lad most of the time and did a decent job of containing him, although I've got to say their forward was a bit of a lummox and didn't offer a great deal.

As Mr Fox mentioned, second half we tailed off, coincidentally at the same time as Scoogs was replaced. 1-1 was about right I think.

Foxy, who were the United central defenders? Our number 5 looked composed as he was up against the tall lad most of the time and did a decent job of containing him, although I've got to say their forward was a bit of a lummox and didn't offer a great deal.

Number 5 was Brian McLean, played for a few Scottish clubs and Preston. Currently on trial.

The other centre back was Sam Berry, who is ex-Derby and was given a 5 month contract in August.

Number 5 was Brian McLean, played for a few Scottish clubs and Preston. Currently on trial.

The other centre back was Sam Berry, who is ex-Derby and was given a 5 month contract in August.

Don't know what you thought but McLean did well against that big Wendy lump. Thought Berry had a decent game too, although if memory serves me, wasn't there a change round in the second half and players were replaced?

Cracking goal by Dimaio. I've seen him do that a couple of times before aswell. I'm hoping he can get a loan move soon if he's not going to be involved with the first team as much as Reed.

Back
Top Bottom