Sharp & Adams

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Rodley

Reaction score
Sharp 22 goals in 41 starts
Adams 11 goals in 28 starts

I think the latter has been played out of position and needs lots of coaching, but from a partnership that's a decent return when you consider the minimal service provided. They are more than capable of causing any team problems at this level.

I can't see either of them moving on - Sharp is a Blade, will be on a wage and is committed to the club. Adams hasn't shown enough form to warrant a move to another club and needs lots of coaching.

We need to get midfield and defence right this summer. I'm praying Clough comes in for some of our underperforming first teamers, would be a godsend if he does! Then it's about picking up the best players in L1 and L2 and quality loan players. If Walsall and Burton can do it with their respective budgets, there's no reason why we can't do the same despite the rumour of belt tightening that some are peddling.

UTB

Adams is less of an asset than he was a year ago. He's improved some parts of his game, but he still has so much to improve on and most worryingly of all, he's lost pace.

The numbers look quite good, but the partnership itself doesn't convince me at all. Barely anything they try in terms of link up play comes off. If Sharp's the main goalscorer then his partner needs to be a decent provider, and Adams is nothing of the sort.

We should be looking for a better partner for Sharp, but having this partnership as the minimum next season is a healthy enough position to be in.

It's a decent return to say the service has been poor,particularly from wide areas.
I agree their no threat in the air and lack pace in behind..they're ok working the space in behind,but both seem unable to run past their man one on one.
Che seems to tire..seems to have bulked up from last season,so whether that has made his pace and fitness suffer..first touch has to be better,but still young and raw,and time to improve.

Two strikers just aint enough. An injury/suspension and we're fked

Warnock used to say that you can't have enough strikers and he's right and whilst financially we're not able to that, we need two more imo. A target man and someone with bags of pace. Where they are tho and how we can afford them who knows?

Good partnership is forming between them and when in form their link up play is very good.

Although it's the usual scenario this summer of can we resist selling either of them when an offer of about a tenner comes in.

If one or both of them get sold then McCabe and the Prince can't complain if we don't achieve promotion next year.

If it wasnt for our front players we would have been relegated by now.

Have we ever had such a Reliance on our strikers?

Should get £2.5million in the summer for the pair of them based on those stats.

If it wasnt for our front players we would have been relegated by now.

Have we ever had such a Reliance on our strikers?
We relied quitr heavily on this chap called Ched once but I'm not sure many people will remember him.

Quite a low profile bloke.

I would be very happy if those two started next season as long as we signed a target man to bring off the bench if it's not working and we need to change it up. We need the flexibility to change the way we play in this league.

I would be very happy if those two started next season as long as we signed a target man to bring off the bench if it's not working and we need to change it up. We need the flexibility to change the way we play in this league.

Already at the club
50% yoof

I give you ..... D C-L

The money will go on Hammonds wages

Lee Novak would be an ideal addition. A bit like a younger Cresswell. Nothing spectacular, but a good provider, hard worker, decent in the air, scores a few and can play wide if needed too.

Hopefully we sign Evans too but the potential for one or two articles to be written about us and some Twitter comments will probably put us off. We're only little after all.

I'd also like someone with pace and trickery, but if we have that out wide then it won't be needed as much. Sadly though I have no faith whatsoever in this club to sign players like that. We prefer steady to exciting.

Adams is far, far too safe for me. I don't think DCL is ready yet and Sammon has been dire, so a starting place for him has been almost guarenteed every week. Particularly since 3-5-2 has come along.

The rest of the pitch is a much bigger priority. However I would like to see someone brought in to challenge him for his spot, should the warchest allow for such an addition.

They need an effective target man up top, a dominant centre half (as they have done for the last two seasons) and a central midfield player with some bite. All three should be the aggressive type with leadership qualities. Chuck those in with the current lot and a manager who can motivate his team and we wouldn't be far off top 2.

Neither of them are good enough in the air.

That's ok, though, cos as a team we can't cross a fucking football for toffee.

Wankers!
Our weakness in atacking sense (heading ) is alarming all our strikers are poor in the air (sharp is decent but too small ) and will have cost us a few points this season.It's ironic really as last season we lost a lot of points due to defensive weakness (heading ability )lost count how many goals we conceded from set pieces.This season apart from Gillingham we have been a lot better.
Early season Adkins commented on how many goals are scored from set pieces (30% ) dissapo

Pressed wrong button! !
Early on Adkins commented on the amount of goals scored from set plays (30% ) pity our record in offensive situations has been poor
we have to improve on that drastically next season.

Adams is less of an asset than he was a year ago. He's improved some parts of his game, but he still has so much to improve on and most worryingly of all, he's lost pace.

His body shape has changed over the past year and it's obvious that he's put in a lot of work in the gym both in relation to his upper half but also to his legs.

I'm far from convinced that that's a good thing for lads his age. For example, bulking up hasn't done Oxlade-Chamberlain any favours, for me. He looks nothing like the player he once promised to be, he seems to have lost a bit of pace and excessive time on weights machines is certainly a plausible explanation.

Adams remains a good prospect, though. The best we've got.

His body shape has changed over the past year and it's obvious that he's put in a lot of work in the gym both in relation to his upper half but also to his legs.

I'm far from convinced that that's a good thing for lads his age. For example, bulking up hasn't done Oxlade-Chamberlain any favours, for me. He looks nothing like the player he once promised to be, he seems to have lost a bit of pace and excessive time on weights machines is certainly a plausible explanation.

Adams remains a good prospect, though. The best we've got.

I think a lot of it is simply due to the way his body has developed naturally given more than a year training with a professional club, but if he was/still is hitting the gym all the time, I cannot believe the management have allowed it - and he will need telling, because he's stupid. Could they not see that increased bulk would only hinder him? Are they not aware that muscle growth happens quickest at his age?

His game was all about running with the ball at pace, now he can't even outrun average paced defenders, and he lacks the capacity to improve other parts of his game to make up for it. If the staff have anything about them they'll give him a strict diet to follow through the summer and tell him not to do any muscle building gym work. And if he's got anything about him, he'll do what they say.

I've been disappointed with Adams over the second half of the season. Had the foundations to kick on and never really did. He seems to score more from the LW than CF.

Adams is very poor with his back to goal. For the supposed bulk he's added, it doesn't seem to help, centre backs find him easy to bully and dispossess.

He is far better facing the goal, moving forward and taking players on.

I personally would work on that and find another partner for Billy. The problem in Che as a wide midfielder is he is also very poor defensively.

He's got talent but is a problem child. Hope he makes it though.

Back
Top Bottom