Selection dilemma vs Spurs (h)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would you pick Baxter vs Spurs?

• No, play the same team

• Yes, in for Jamal Campbell-Ryce (right mid)

• Yes, in for Louis Reed (central midfield)

• Yes, in for Michael Doyle (holding midfield)

• Yes, in for Stefan Scougall (central midfield)

• Yes, in for Jamie Murphy (left midfield)

• Yes, in for Marc McNulty (striker)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bergen Blade

Reaction score
This was how we lined up in the first leg:

Team%20vs%20Spurs.jpg

Clough has confirmed it will probably be the same team that played in the first leg, although he considers the inclusion of Jose Baxter.

Assuming Baxter is the only possible change, what would you like us to do?

This was how we lined up in the first leg:

Team%20vs%20Spurs.jpg

Clough has confirmed it will probably be the same team that played in the first leg, although he considers the inclusion of Jose Baxter.

Assuming Baxter is the only possible change, what would you like us to do?

Win.

Surprised you need to ask.

Yes for Reed because played on Saturday and he'll be shattered. Otherwise no because I'm not sure how Baxter will keep up tomorrow night with all the work well have to do.

Yes for Reed because played on Saturday and he'll be shattered. Otherwise no because I'm not sure how Baxter will keep up tomorrow night with all the work well have to do.

Having done so well against Southampton and in the first leg I will be surprised and disappointed if Reed doesn't start.

Drop one of Reed and Scougall. Don't mind which.

We have to score goals, and neither of these two have helped with that of late. Doyle should play as he's got more physical presence.

Would be devastated if Reed does not play. He was out on his feet after 80 mins v Preston, but in a game like this, he can play on adrenaline. He wouldn't make extra time though, so a contingency is needed.

My vote above is same team as last week, with Baxter in for Scoogs (we just need more creativity).

Present voting seems to suggest most want that option.

UTB

Whoever siggested dropping Murphy must have a million quid on him not to score.
He has to play if we're to have any chance of scoring.

I voted for keeping the same team, but the argument for playing Baxter over Murphy is that Murphy has sometimes struggled against strong and very quick right backs. He didn't get past Walker at all at WHL. Baxter wouldn't try to dribble past Walker, but he would roam around more, get on the ball and try to use his vision to create things. We ended up scoring three goals at QPR with Baxter starting on the left, although the change that day was enforced.

I voted for keeping the same team, but the argument for playing Baxter over Murphy is that Murphy has sometimes struggled against strong and very quick right backs. He didn't get past Walker at all at WHL. Baxter wouldn't try to dribble past Walker, but he would roam around more, get on the ball and try to use his vision to create things. We ended up scoring three goals at QPR with Baxter starting on the left, although the change that day was enforced.

Murphy does indeed struggle in those situations.

Baxter, however, hasn't scored from open play since October and has precious few assists. He was not involved in any of the QPR goals, was he?

Murphy is arguably our best player. This is an important game. He should play.

Scougall is out of form and creates nothing. It's a no brainer.

Baxter, however, hasn't scored from open play since October and has precious few assists. He was not involved in any of the QPR goals, was he?

Baxter made two crucial passes in the move that lead to our opener. His little shove on Mutch (who stopped the ball with his hand) may have been vital for the second goal as well, although that's not really a reason to play him! :)

We don't want to go out thinking what could've been.

Baxter has to start if we are to score a flipping goal toneyt.Baxter,Murphy,JCR and McNulty all have to start,i don't want any regrets after tonight.

I think Scougall has been one of our better players against prem teams. He's busy and quicl to close opposition down, not giving the prem teams the time on the ball they like. The fact that Reed wasn't rested on Saturday suggests it'll be him missing out

Murphy may struggle against Walker but he pins him back and stops him getting forward. I can't imagine Kyle would be so concerned about catching Baxter up.

Bit surprised to see Baxter starting in central midfield. Means a change from having very mobile, hard working midfield partners for Doyle, which worked well against Southampton, QPR and in the first leg. We look a bit more static, but having said that, let's hope Baxter is in top form and adds some extra creativity and maybe a goal.

Baxter and Campbell Ryce off for me. Baxter has been shocking and JCR not touched it for 20 mins. Che Adams For JCR, higdon for Baxter. We need to have something in the box.

We're struggling to cover enough space. Baxter strolling around means Doyle has too much running to do and he's been pulled out of position time and time again, leading him to make desperate challlenges, rather than just sweeping up which he did in the first leg. Unfortunately I think playing Baxter centrally has been a big mistake. Let's hope we improve after the break.

Back
Top Bottom